• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll hear people talking about it and he'll want to see it.
Maybe they still won't show it to him, for his own good? I just got a mental image of a kid wanting to watch a horror movie, and his responsible parents telling him he'd just get nightmares.
 
Maybe they still won't show it to him, for his own good? I just got a mental image of a kid wanting to watch a horror movie, and his responsible parents telling him he'd just get nightmares.

You missed a couple chapters here if you think anyone says 'no' to Trump unless it's someone who doesn't care if they get fired.
 
Tucker Carlson last night suggested Sen. Tammy Duckworth "hates America"

Duckworth served as a U.S. Army helicopter pilot and suffered severe combat wounds, which caused her to lose both of her legs and some mobility in her right arm. Despite her grievous injuries, she sought and obtained a medical waiver that allowed her to continue serving as a lieutenant colonel in the Illinois Army National Guard.
She is the recipient of the Purple heart, Air Medal and Army Commendation Medal.

Tucker Carlson should be fired.
He should be sent to do a stint in Iraq.
 
A moving wall! And fast! Gee, I guess only a few miles is needed after all.

Right. It's like the game of Pong(?) where you move the slider up and down to hit the ball back to the other side. Same with The Wall; if it's just 6 feet wide but moves fast enough, it can block all those Browns.
 
Do they still keelhaul men in the Navy? Because if they do, he should be "impressed" into the Navy and keelhauled.

Lt. Spradling : Kaffee!
Lt. Kaffee : Dave, you seem distraught.
Lt. Spradling : We were supposed to meet in your office fifteen minutes ago to talk about the McDermont case. You're stalling on this thing. We get this done right now, or I mean it, Kaffee, I'm going to hang your boy from a [censored] yardarm!
Lt. Kaffee : Yardarm? Sherby, does the Navy still hang people from yardarms?
Lt. Sherby : I don't think so.
Lt. Kaffee : Dave, Sherby doesn't think the Navy hang people from yardarms anymore.
 
Last edited:
Lt. Spradling : Kaffee!
Lt. Kaffee : Dave, you seem distraught.
Lt. Spradling : We were supposed to meet in your office fifteen minutes ago to talk about the McDermont case. You're stalling on this thing. We get this done right now, or I mean it, Kaffee, I'm going to hang your boy from a [censored] yardarm!
Lt. Kaffee : Yardarm? Sherby, does the Navy still hang people from yardarms?
Lt. Sherby : I don't think so.
Lt. Kaffee : Dave, Sherby doesn't think the Navy hang people from yardarms anymore.

Gods, what a great movie.
 
Gods, what a great movie.

Lt. Spradling: I'm going to charge him with possession and being under the influence while on duty. You plead guilty, I recommend thirty days in the brig with loss of rank and pay.
Lt. Kaffee: It was oregano, Dave. It was ten dollars' worth of oregano.
Lt. Spradling: Yeah, but your client thought it was marijuana.
Lt. Kaffee: My client's a moron. That's not against the law.
Lt. Spradling: Kaffee, I have people to answer to, just like you do. I'm going to charge him.
Lt. Kaffee: With what? Possession of a condiment?
Lt. Spradling: Kaffee...
Lt. Kaffee: Dave, I tried to help you out of this, but if you ask for jail time, I'm going to file a motion to dismiss.
Lt. Spralding: You won't get it.
Lt. Kaffee: I will get it. And if the MTD is denied, I'll file a motion in limine seeking to obtain an evidentary ruling in advance, and after that I'm going to file against pretrial confinement, and you're going to spend the next three months going blind on paperwork because a Signalman Second Class bought and smoked a dime bag of oregano.
 
Only if his inner circle allows him to see it.

He'll hear people talking about it and he'll want to see it.

Maybe they still won't show it to him, for his own good? I just got a mental image of a kid wanting to watch a horror movie, and his responsible parents telling him he'd just get nightmares.

Trump, at this point, is perhaps the most isolated person in America. He's being spoon-fed "information" from his minions, Faux News, and OANN. If he hears people talking about something, he'll just want them to tell him what he wants to hear. And they'll even be telling him what he wants to hear.
 
Trump, at this point, is perhaps the most isolated person in America. He's being spoon-fed "information" from his minions, Faux News, and OANN. If he hears people talking about something, he'll just want them to tell him what he wants to hear. And they'll even be telling him what he wants to hear.

They try, and they are successful to some degree. But Trump won't miss this.
 
....aaaaannnnd Trump just declared the US' withdrawal from WHO.
I wonder how the the Republican congress critters will respond. When the possibility of withdrawing from the WHO was first discussed, some republicans disagreed. And now that Trump has actually set the withdrawl plans in motion, at least one senator said he disagreed with the decision.

Now I guess its a question about whether any of them will actually do anything. Or will they pull a Collins, and express 'concern' while doing nothing.
 
Tucker Carlson last night suggested Sen. Tammy Duckworth "hates America"

Duckworth served as a U.S. Army helicopter pilot and suffered severe combat wounds, which caused her to lose both of her legs and some mobility in her right arm. Despite her grievous injuries, she sought and obtained a medical waiver that allowed her to continue serving as a lieutenant colonel in the Illinois Army National Guard.
She is the recipient of the Purple heart, Air Medal and Army Commendation Medal.

Tucker Carlson should be fired.

That is not going to go down well with members of the military past and present or those that consider themselves pro-military.

Duckworth handled it with class. She tweeted "Does @TuckerCarlson want to walk a mile in my legs and then tell me whether or not I love America?"

Why am I not surprised that Carlson would stoop this low? Because he's playing to Trump and his audience.
 
As long as it’s the opposite of what Obama did.
Well...yes. The "opposite of what Obama did" is indeed patently illogical and nonsensical.

One can argue about the merits and wisdom of some of Obama's decisions, and point to possible better alternatives. But none of Obama's decisions were so incredibly teeth-grindingly mind-numbingly stupid as the ones Trump makes, routinely and consistently. It's almost like if Obama decided to breathe in public, Donny will decide he won't (which is perhaps desirable??)
 
It's good to see that the Trump Administration has used the Coronavirus pandemic as a means to line the pockets of their relations and supporters. The PPP has proven to be very lucrative:

Recipients included businesses owned by the family of Jared Kushner, US President Donald Trump's son-in-law; a shipping business owned by the family of Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao; and several members of Congress or their spouses.

New York law firm Kasowitz, Benson & Torres, headed by Mr Trump's long-time personal attorney Marc Kasowitz, also received a loan worth between $5 million and $10 million. It was among dozens of law firms that received PPP aid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53324891

It's interesting to see who else is willing to accept government largesse:

The Ayn Rand Institute received a loan between $350,000 and $1m, to retain 35 jobs, while Grover Norquist's Americans for Tax Reform Foundation received $150,000-$300,000 for 33 jobs.

The group, known for its anti-tax, anti-spending views, said it had not opposed the Paycheck Protection Program, "viewing it as compensation for a government taking during the shutdown".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom