• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The all-new "US Politics and coronavirus" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
114 years after Upton Sinclair wrote The Jungle, and people are scapegoating the dirty immigrant hordes who make our food. These remakes are not just for Hollywood, I guess.
 
Who knows, someone in the White House might be sneaky enough to cough on the president’s phone. I do hope they continue not wearing masks, talking in each others’ faces. The speaker of the house is third in line. Let’s see what happens in the next two weeks!

Or inject him with Lysol and tell him it's the secret vaccine only given to VIPs (VERY Important Presidents).
 
As sure as I am about Trump not tweeting in response to Obama's......oh, wait. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
If it's a tactic to strategically troll Trump I'm OK with it. But Obama making fun of Trump is one reason we ended up with this ******* president. I don't think he'll nuke Obama although probably any minute Trump is going to be chanting, "Lock him up."

Obama criticizes the job the man is doing; Trump attacks his critics with nasty personalized name-calling that seeks to debase them as human beings. I wonder if, in a million years, you could explain the difference to him. All I can hope is that enough Americans are sick and tired of this **** and will pull the plug on him forever.

Soon he'll be calling Obama a traitor and calling for the death penalty. If he hasn't already.
 
Trump having a fit because Obama said his handling of the pandemic was a choatic mess isn't going to send him running for the launch button.
.....

The time to worry will be the 10 weeks or so between losing the election and leaving office. I doubt he'll blow up the world, but he'll do everything he can the wreck the government even further and steal whatever he can however he can and hand Putin whatever he wants.
 
Last edited:
If it's a tactic to strategically troll Trump I'm OK with it. But Obama making fun of Trump is one reason we ended up with this ******* president. I don't think he'll nuke Obama although probably any minute Trump is going to be chanting, "Lock him up."

Obama criticizes the job the man is doing; Trump attacks his critics with nasty personalized name-calling that seeks to debase them as human beings. I wonder if, in a million years, you could explain the difference to him. All I can hope is that enough Americans are sick and tired of this **** and will pull the plug on him forever.

Soon he'll be calling Obama a traitor and calling for the death penalty. If he hasn't already.
Could you please point out any thing or phrase of Obama's that looks like mocking to you?

Because I'm not seeing it.
 

Please do not link using Google. Link to the actual source! Most Google properties are banned from my network (all but a few things that are so freaking essential that every last site on the internet seems it must use them; like that damned ReCAPTCHA crap.)

Here are two sources I found using DuckDuckGo:

The original story: Trump reportedly got 'lava level mad' over potential exposure to coronavirus [The Week]

Trump reportedly got 'lava level mad' over potential exposure to coronavirus
[Yahoo News]
 
Given how badly the US has handled the outbreak, why should we believe if the virus had started there that they would have done a better job than China at containment or disseminating information?
 
I have little problem with this. It should have been being done practically from day one, for the very top tier, anyway. Oh, I kind of wish the only test was with the long swabs, which The PDJT hated so much.

But everybody in the country should be able to get tested at least once, so we could at least get a baseline. (Yes, I know that's impossible especially to get us all done at roughly the same time.)

The point is that it really illustrates that when Trump literally says that opening up the country will be worth the extra lives it costs he's not talking about himself or anybody close to himself. It's literally the Lord Farquard "Some of you will die, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make".

For all the Trump supporters reading this thread - he's talking about you. He's perfectly happy for you to die. That's the person that you're defending with credibility-ruining arguments - someone who thinks it'd be better if you were dead.
 
I kind of wish he hadn't said that. It's probably obvious to most people and is just going to stir up a lot of abuse.

I'm tired of Trump's name-calling, not that I seek any of it out but even just reading "Trump Tweets" here on the forum. God that man is boring.

It wasn't a public statement, but a private one that someone who heard it has repeated to the press.
 
There is a reason why countries like South Korea are coping much better with Covid than the USA. They aren't led by a narcissist whose only worry is about the politics rather than the science of the pandemic, and do go around suggesting "sarcastically" that people should be injected with bleach and seriously suggesting closing down the government body dealing with the crisis while the USA is still in the middle of it. All the while supported by know nothing place men who owe their power to patronage and not to intelligence or ability. That is why Trump isn't doing the job expected of an American President.


If only he was bothered about the politics it would be a huge improvement. He is only bothered about himself, his ratings.
 
Given how badly the US has handled the outbreak, why should we believe if the virus had started there that they would have done a better job than China at containment or disseminating information?


We shouldn't.

Everything that Trump has accused China of doing is something that has also been done by one or more government agencies in the US. Trump's desperation to not have anything derail his chances for re-election would have lead to a massive cover-up. Hell, he was actively denying the problems even as we saw the very same problems blossoming elsewhere in the world, like Italy.
 
We shouldn't.

Everything that Trump has accused China of doing is something that has also been done by one or more government agencies in the US. Trump's desperation to not have anything derail his chances for re-election would have lead to a massive cover-up. Hell, he was actively denying the problems even as we saw the very same problems blossoming elsewhere in the world, like Italy.

I mean, he's literally coming out against testing (of people other than himself and those he comes into contact with) because the higher number of cases makes him "look bad".
 
I mean, he's literally coming out against testing (of people other than himself and those he comes into contact with) because the higher number of cases makes him "look bad".

The next step will be to insist that a death is only classified as a Coronavirus death if:

  • The deceased has tested positive for Coronavirus
  • The deceased has unambiguously died from Coronavirus and there are no other factors

That, combined with much reduced testing will ensure a low official Coronavirus death toll regardless of the actual number.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom