• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
But any medical condition could affect his fitness for office, especially if he's on medication that has potential side effects. The Presidency is probably the most public position in the world. Secrecy is always a bad thing.

Oh, come on. Any medical condition? You think eczema or erectile dysfunction are going to affect fitness for office?

But FDR didn't. He died in April 1945, before D-Day, before Hiroshima, and by most accounts Truman was thoroughly unprepared to step into the role. If FDR had stepped aside after three terms and allowed a normal transition, instead of stunning the nation with his abrupt unanticipated death, it would have been better for the country.

I won't address the D-Day mistake as it's already been discussed. Germany surrendered less than a month after FDR died and Japan 4 months later. I did not say he DID govern until the war ended, I said his MENTAL health was fine and his capacity to govern during the last months was fine.
 
Oh, come on. Any medical condition? You think eczema or erectile dysfunction are going to affect fitness for office?



I won't address the D-Day mistake as it's already been discussed. Germany surrendered less than a month after FDR died and Japan 4 months later. I did not say he DID govern until the war ended, I said his MENTAL health was fine and his capacity to govern during the last months was fine.


When the President pays someone to stand in front of the world and claim that he is the healthiest President America has ever had, yes, I think we are entitled to any and all contradictory facts.

And FDR's third term ended in January 20, 1945, when he was inaugurated for his fourth. He died less than three months later. I doubt that he was running on all cylinders in his last few months. I think the American people should have known about his rapidly declining state during the 1944 elections. It would have been better if he hadn't run.

(And I note that I was wrong about the date of his death. He died in Warm Springs on March 29, 1945.)
.
 
Last edited:
Isn't Nunes suing CNN for lying about that story and claiming it never happened?
Threatening to. Sometime after Thanksgiving. He's possibly smart enough not to actually file a suit.

Isn't Nunes suing someone for making a spoof Twitter account pretending to be his cow?
Yes. Which means I'm wrong about him being possibly smart enough not to sue CNN.
 
Threatening to. Sometime after Thanksgiving. He's possibly smart enough not to actually file a suit.

Assumes facts not in evidence. See his written in crayon level RICO lawsuit about the Trump Dossier.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20190904/16354242924/devin-nunes-drops-one-ridiculous-lawsuit-only-to-file-another-one.shtml

He fails to meet the legal standards of the claim in his claims of what happened let alone under any actual occurrence.

The man is nuts.
 
Secretary Perry to President Trump: “If you're a believing Christian, you understand God's plan for the people who rule and judge over us on this planet in our government.”

He actually said “if you are a believing Christian.” That is no less bizarre than saying “if you are a 400-year-old dragon.”
 
Last edited:
Here is something t worry about:

From: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-block-wto-judges-030313181.html
...the World Trade Organisation’s (WTO) highest dispute-resolution body will cease to function after the administration of US President Donald Trump blocked reappointments to its panel. Without a working appeals system, international trade disputes may never see resolution and could quickly evolve into tit-for-tat tariff wars that spiral out of control.

Supposedly there are some complaints in the way that the WTO is run (such as the lengthy time to resolve disputes), but Trump's plan to basically tear everything down seems rather counter productive.

I wonder how the global stock markets will respond if/when the WTO is effectively curtailed.
 
Trump aside for a sec'

For the first wee bit before they started kind of censoring the footage we were getting video of people jumping, and we are on the other side of the world.

Was one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Maybe we got a different feed.

I saw videos of people falling, clearly visible, assumed they jumped. And I'm WA State.

I also saw a rerun of one person falling just a few days ago.
 
Secretary Perry to President Trump: “If you're a believing Christian, you understand God's plan for the people who rule and judge over us on this planet in our government.”

He actually said “if you are a believing Christian.” That is no less bizarre than saying “if you are a 400-year-old dragon.”
I think it's the height of arrogance to state that *anyone* "understands" God's plan (assuming for the moment there is a God), even if they are a member of the self-anointed elect. The whole concept of a bunch of "real" Christians who "get it" offends me as well and goes against my understanding of the religion. It's not supposed to be some kind of exclusive club, IMO.

Fortunately there is also a Christian left whose message is inclusion, and to my knowledge they don't think that way or talk that way. My main exposure now being to Congregationalists, one of the most congenial Christian communities I've encountered.
 
Trump aside for a sec'

For the first wee bit before they started kind of censoring the footage we were getting video of people jumping, and we are on the other side of the world.

Was one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Maybe we got a different feed.
Caught with long lenses, I presume. Not from 4 miles away with the naked eye.

But I'm pretty sure Trump believes he saw that. Then he glanced over to Jersey and saw people dancing in the streets.
 
Here is something t worry about:

From: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-block-wto-judges-030313181.html
...the World Trade Organisation’s (WTO) highest dispute-resolution body will cease to function after the administration of US President Donald Trump blocked reappointments to its panel. Without a working appeals system, international trade disputes may never see resolution and could quickly evolve into tit-for-tat tariff wars that spiral out of control.

Supposedly there are some complaints in the way that the WTO is run (such as the lengthy time to resolve disputes), but Trump's plan to basically tear everything down seems rather counter productive.

I wonder how the global stock markets will respond if/when the WTO is effectively curtailed.
Trump is not that clever. Really, he's not. His sole approach to people who defy him is to punch them in the face, figuratively and literally. At best, his plans require only a modicum of reptilian-brain power.

The notion to undermine the UN by indirect action is the product of a much cleverer mind than him. You need to consider who benefits from such an outcome. I'm thinking Putin - with the UN in disarray, his power grows. Trump is just the useful idiot enabling these shenanigans.
 
Rudy Giuliani Tweets

@RudyGiuliani
The actions @realDonaldTrump has taken for Hero SEAL Eddie Gallagher, shows his courage and integrity. Not many Presidents would put their neck out on the line. It shows how much he values those who protect us!
 
When the President pays someone to stand in front of the world and claim that he is the healthiest President America has ever had, yes, I think we are entitled to any and all contradictory facts.

What president are you referring to? FDR or Trump? FDR's doctor lied about his physical health and I highly suspect so did Trump's (239 pounds, my sweet patootie!). I think we are entitled to any and all medical/psychological facts that may impact their ability to govern. We don't need to know about his/her cold or infected toe.

And FDR's third term ended in January 20, 1945, when he was inaugurated for his fourth. He died less than three months later. I doubt that he was running on all cylinders in his last few months. I think the American people should have known about his rapidly declining state during the 1944 elections. It would have been better if he hadn't run.

(And I note that I was wrong about the date of his death. He died in Warm Springs on March 29, 1945.)
.

You're still wrong. He died on April 12, 1945 of a stroke.

What evidence do you have that FDR was not 'running on all cylinders' mentally?
I agree that the people should have known about his serious health problems*; it's your contention that any medical conditions should be revealed is what I disagree with.

*However, as I said, he was in a unique position due to WWII; he had led the country out of the Great Depression and had led them through almost the entire war. Like Churchill in the UK, he was more than just a 'normal' leader: he was an icon/father figure/inspiration to the country during two terrible critical times.

ETA: What makes you think either doctor was 'paid' to misrepresent their respective patient's health? That is an assumption on your part unsupported by facts.
 
Last edited:
When the President pays someone to stand in front of the world and claim that he is the healthiest President America has ever had, yes, I think we are entitled to any and all contradictory facts.

And FDR's third term ended in January 20, 1945, when he was inaugurated for his fourth. He died less than three months later. I doubt that he was running on all cylinders in his last few months. I think the American people should have known about his rapidly declining state during the 1944 elections. It would have been better if he hadn't run.

(And I note that I was wrong about the date of his death. He died in Warm Springs on March 29, 1945.)
.
I think that he was more frail at this time, physically more worn out, but I don’t know of any suggestion that he was mentally subpar or therefore was unable to function as president. I don’t know of any evidence he was very unlikely to complete his last term. He died of a stroke, which is not typically predictable.

Probably the more important factor was the USA was at war and was at the time of FDRs last election at last winning. Few people wanted to change presidents under those circumstances and I doubt even greater recognition of his physical fragility would have changed that much.
 
Secretary Perry to President Trump: “If you're a believing Christian, you understand God's plan for the people who rule and judge over us on this planet in our government.”

He actually said “if you are a believing Christian.” That is no less bizarre than saying “if you are a 400-year-old dragon.”

Hey! Dragons are real! I saw them on Game of Thrones!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom