Belz...
Fiend God
(Ninja'd by Belz....)
Bwa ha ha ha ha!
Time travel strikes again!
(Ninja'd by Belz....)
How far do you take that, though? Should all of their health records be posted online? They’re all going to have something wrong, sooner or later. They’re all going to die, sooner or later. Should their every frailty be broadcast for the world to see? Asthma, eczema, erectile dysfunction?Like what? We know that Presidents have concealed their health problems in the past. But the secrecy has served their own interests, not ours. FDR was re-elected at a time when everyone around him knew he was at death's door, and he did die a few months after the election. JFK -- the public picture of health and vigor -- had severe medical problems all his life. Reagan was showing symptoms of Alzheimer's that his staff worked hard to conceal. Everything the President does affects public policy and government action. We need -- and are entitled -- to know about potential and actual problems.
Spencer writes that
I no longer share the same understanding as the Commander in Chief who appointed me, in regards to the key principle of good order and discipline.
How far do you take that, though? Should all of their health records be posted online? They’re all going to have something wrong, sooner or later. They’re all going to die, sooner or later. Should their every frailty be broadcast for the world to see? Asthma, eczema, erectile dysfunction?
I don’t know if it would have been such a hot idea to announce Reagan had Alzheimer’s while in office. Should FDR not have been re-elected? I don’t actually know. Both the USSR and WWII situations were obviously very delicate, but at the time they both seemed to turn out well for the U.S. I think ideally you elect someone who appears robust and has a competent running mate, and hope that you can trust the process. That’s more critical than the variable health of a given individual, IMO.
As someone pointed out above, his absence from the golf course may tell us what we want to know.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/471868-rick-perry-says-trump-is-the-chosen-one"God's used imperfect people all through history. King David wasn't perfect. Saul wasn't perfect. Solomon wasn't perfect,” Perry said in the clip.
“And I actually gave the president a little one-pager on those Old Testament kings about a month ago and I shared it with him,” he continued. “I said, 'Mr. President, I know there are people that say you said you were the chosen one and I said, 'You were.’ "
"I said, 'If you're a believing Christian, you understand God's plan for the people who rule and judge over us on this planet in our government,’ ” he added.
Holy moly! From the lips of Rick Perry:
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/471868-rick-perry-says-trump-is-the-chosen-one
People who rule and judge over us are appointed by God is the "Divine right of kings" philosophy which is directly opposite of the principles the US was founded on. This negates the core principle of a democracy where the people decide on who governs (not rule and judge) us. Why bother voting at all if God already has a "chosen one" all lined up? I already knew Perry was a moron but this is just unbelievable.
Perry is not long for that job. Or he is entirely oblivious to the impeachment proceedings going on, in which Trump is being shown to be an inveterate, incorrigible and totally venal liar and admitting it.Holy moly! From the lips of Rick Perry:
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/471868-rick-perry-says-trump-is-the-chosen-one"God's used imperfect people all through history. King David wasn't perfect. Saul wasn't perfect. Solomon wasn't perfect,” Perry said in the clip.
“And I actually gave the president a little one-pager on those Old Testament kings about a month ago and I shared it with him,” he continued. “I said, 'Mr. President, I know there are people that say you said you were the chosen one and I said, 'You were.’ "
"I said, 'If you're a believing Christian, you understand God's plan for the people who rule and judge over us on this planet in our government,’ ” he added.
People who rule and judge over us are appointed by God is the "Divine right of kings" philosophy which is directly opposite of the principles the US was founded on. This negates the core principle of a democracy where the people decide on who governs (not rule and judge) us. Why bother voting at all if God already has a "chosen one" all lined up? I already knew Perry was a moron but this is just unbelievable.
Perry is not long for that job. Or he is entirely oblivious to the impeachment proceedings going on, in which Trump is being shown to be an inveterate, incorrigible and totally venal liar and admitting it.
How far do you take that, though? Should all of their health records be posted online? They’re all going to have something wrong, sooner or later. They’re all going to die, sooner or later. Should their every frailty be broadcast for the world to see? Asthma, eczema, erectile dysfunction?
I don’t know if it would have been such a hot idea to announce Reagan had Alzheimer’s while in office. Should FDR not have been re-elected? I don’t actually know. Both the USSR and WWII situations were obviously very delicate, but at the time they both seemed to turn out well for the U.S. I think ideally you elect someone who appears robust and has a competent running mate, and hope that you can trust the process. That’s more critical than the variable health of a given individual, IMO.
As someone pointed out above, his absence from the golf course may tell us what we want to know.
Holy moly! From the lips of Rick Perry:
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/471868-rick-perry-says-trump-is-the-chosen-one
People who rule and judge over us are appointed by God is the "Divine right of kings" philosophy which is directly opposite of the principles the US was founded on. This negates the core principle of a democracy where the people decide on who governs (not rule and judge) us. Why bother voting at all if God already has a "chosen one" all lined up? I already knew Perry was a moron but this is just unbelievable.
Medical conditions that do not directly affect the ability to govern are none of our business. I don't care if s/he's got asthma, eczema, mild heart disease etc. What I do care about is if they have a serious medical condition such as Alzheimer's. Of course we should have known that Reagan had Alzheimer's in office (if he did; it's never been confirmed).
FDR was in a unique position due to WWII. His physical health was not good, but his mental health was fine. His capacity to lead the country during the final months of the war was intact.
But FDR didn't. He died in April 1945, before D-Day, before Hiroshima, and by most accounts Truman was thoroughly unprepared to step into the role. If FDR had stepped aside after three terms and allowed a normal transition, instead of stunning the nation with his abrupt unanticipated death, it would have been better for the country.
D-Day was june 7 1944, so 10 months before he died by most calendars. He did die before 9th of may 1945 when germany surrendered which of course was 11 months after D-day.
Sarah Sanders Claims Donald Trump Reads 'More than anybody I know'
https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-sanders-donald-trump-reading-1473850
This, of course, raises questions about how illiterate her entourage is.
It's entirely possible that all of her family and friends are functionally illiterate.
(Ninja'd by Belz....)
You win. I meant the war wasn't over when FDR died.
Trump loves our heroes in uniform, until for some incredibly petty reason he doesn't. Then he does his best to kick them while they are down.Trump says Spencer didn't resign he was fired.
For Trump it is very important, he has to make sure that he is seen to be in charge.I kind of think the "fired/quit" distinction becomes pretty hazy when we're talking very high level appointed positions like this.
He hasn't the patience to find Waldo.
Isn't Nunes suing CNN for lying about that story and claiming it never happened?Gee, now I want to see Nunes' face when they announced Parnas' arrest.
And yet D-Day was, despite your claims to the contrary.