• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Rethink your Trump hatred ?

Wow, just going through a few of the posts here it seems I am damned for daring defend Trump.

I sort of get it, I don’t have to have him as my president and none of his policies are affecting Australia (with the exception of a strong US $ is hurting us a bit).

What I don’t get is the over the top detestation of the guy, as stated earlier.
The main thing seems to revolve around his “lying”
Most of which seems to be exaggeration, mistake and a bit of white lying (which seems very much like all politicians). I’d like to see some examples that don’t fit with this. I just googled a few and most of them seems to be of this type like:

(Trump Voice), “Everybody loves me, China loves me, they love my big brain.”
Then indignant people say that is not true… “He’s a Liar”, sheesh duh like that was serious!

I am starting to get a better picture though, I think he is hated because he is embarrassing.
I think intelligent yanks can handle crooks, womanisers, idiots, warmongers, but don’t embarrass me.
Aussies have had a litany of embarrassing Prime Ministers so maybe we are used to it ?

You missed my post about the trade war which he is formenting? Which will **** up Australia royally?
 
So Babby where have I shown even the slightest leaning towards the right as you imply ?

Not hating Trump means I'm a right wing troll?

No, I think what raised suspicions was the part about not understanding why so many other people hate him. Whether or not you agree with them, that's not very hard to understand unless you are woefully uninformed and/or misinformed. It certainly didn't help that you went on to insult our intelligence by blaming that on a biased media rather than the **** that comes directly out of his own mouth and the things he actually has done, and then declaring it irrational because you think he's just like all other politicians. Sorry, but that's a pantload.
 
I would actually love to see someone defend Trump. People defending Trump is what the discourse in the US needs. (...) I wish Trump supporters would defend Trump.

I'm not a "Trump supporter", but I'll be happy to support (one aspect of) this amazing, unbelievable personality. We were speaking of this -- or I was -- in the Trump Nobel thread.

Man's hilarious. Quite apart from anything else he is or does, he is simply and truly hilarious. No one who isn't blinded by their hate for the man can fail to see that. Thanks to him, news clips featuring him are often funnier than the most carefully thought-up comic shows. Every time he opens his mouth ...

Not one US Prez -- not one -- is a tenth as funny as he is. Not one world leader anywhere, anytime, that I can think of.

Sure, he's a terrible Prez, but no one can take away his (unintentional) comic genius from him.
 
I'm not a "Trump supporter", but I'll be happy to support (one aspect of) this amazing, unbelievable personality. We were speaking of this -- or I was -- in the Trump Nobel thread.

Man's hilarious. Quite apart from anything else he is or does, he is simply and truly hilarious. No one who isn't blinded by their hate for the man can fail to see that. Thanks to him, news clips featuring him are often funnier than the most carefully thought-up comic shows. Every time he opens his mouth ...

Not one US Prez -- not one -- is a tenth as funny as he is. Not one world leader anywhere, anytime, that I can think of.

Sure, he's a terrible Prez, but no one can take away his (unintentional) comic genius from him.

Sounds like you got a case of Stockholm Syndrome there.
 
I suppose it's conceivable that people can like Trump and not be a stereotype Trump supporter to cheer at him for encouraging violence towards political opponents, but... if you aren't any of the horrible things Trump is, then in my eyes supporting and apologising for him is like me defending Uri Geller even though I don't believe he really bends spoons with his mind.
Except that's assuming that this is a binary issue. You either defend Trump or you don't.

There's the possibility that you defend him on some issues and condemn him for others.

I get that there are desperate people out there who think Trump is a horrible person, but stick with him because they think he's going to fix the economy or whatever, but most on the Web seem to buy into some or most of his drivel. Case in point, your "people just hate him because of the liberal media" narrative.
Maybe just a thought, but it's possible that it's generally more of an issue with people on the web - when it comes to any topic?

I know a lot of people in real life who are vegan. They all seem like nice people. The ones I met online are bordering from evangelical nutjobs to those I would seriously find terrified meeting in real life.

Edit: there is also how so many of his supporters seem to either be drawn to or "catch" his personality, like it's a virus or something.
This is something that has been raised in the thread before. A former poster said something about Trump letting all the bigots come out of hiding.

I honestly think that's wrong and people are confusing the cause and effect.
I don't think Trump got them "out of the closet" - I think Trump went into politics because he saw they were coming out of the closet.


You see a huge rise in nationality mentality, racism and borderline neo-nazi parties rising all over the world not just in America and long before Trump was elected. These people have existed a long long time before Trump and will still be here after Trump.



Not that Trump is actually helpful in calming things down... He certainly helps keep the heat up. But he isn't the cause of it.

Ordinary politicians don't get hordes of trolls who refuse to engage in discussion and just sit there throwing out whataboutisms, conspiracy theories, and insults whenever their leader is criticised for anything, and support absolutely everything he does, even when it's things they find despicable when done by other politicians.
I'm not an american, but I can tell you this 100% absolutely exists for other politicians other than Trump.

My country has both the extreme left and extreme right doing it equally to terrifying proportions in particular against centralist candidates.

This "Trump virus" is one of the reasons why I worry about Trump. Do you think these people will go back to being level-headed once their Führer is out of office? Perhaps.
Nope. If Trump somehow decides he is bored of the job and decides to quit or even just gets hit by lightning and dies or something, these people aren't going anywhere.

Not a chance in heck.

A lot of them, though? They'll keep on being horrible people, because they figured out it works for them.
Or you know, they are just horrible people whether it works for them or not.
 
His disapproval rating is over 50%. Are you alleging over half of America are radical left wing "Dimms"?

His Approval ratings are the worst since Truman. His Disapproval ratings are the worst ever since records began, with Truman, and his A/D difference is again, the worse since Truman.
 
I think Tiger's premise for this thread is absurd. His suggestion that other politicians are just as bad is the epitome of intellectual dishonesty.

Trump is uniquely awful. Every President lies on occasion, but I have never seen a politician from either party lie a hundredth as often as Trump does and that if anything, is understating how often Trump lies.

Maybe they're just much better at lying!
 
Come on, you're saying he's never made you laugh?

If he was the president of Leichtenstein or Nauru... then we could all just sit back and have a great ol' knee-slapping time over his comedic antics.

Unfortunately, he's the president of the United States of America... which means all his 'laughy laugh' stuff has the potential to negatively impact international relations around the entire fricken planet.
 
What I don’t get is the over the top detestation of the guy, as stated earlier.

AOK Tiger: Maybe you guys should rethink why you hate Trump. Upon consideration, you'd likely realize you don't have a good reason.
Everyone: Here is a very long list of why he's bad.
AOK Tiger: I mean, really, I just don't understand why anyone would dislike him.
Everyone: Here's a hundred more things.
AOK Tiger: It's a mystery...
 
If he was the president of Leichtenstein or Nauru... then we could all just sit back and have a great ol' knee-slapping time over his comedic antics.

Unfortunately, he's the president of the United States of America... which means all his 'laughy laugh' stuff has the potential to negatively impact international relations around the entire fricken planet.

Trump would be the greatest Wrestling Heel of all time. He's already in the WWE Hall of Fame and has a Wrestlemania appearance. He's far more qualified to do that then be the President.

He shouldn't have been elected President. He should have been made General Manager of RAW.

Tell me you wouldn't watch that.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom