• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Rethink your Trump hatred ?

Trump's policy of defending/covering for the wrong doings of evil dictators is a pretty good reason to hate him.
 
I think Tiger's premise for this thread is absurd.
Is "absurd" the new word for "entirely dishonest?"

"Hi! I lean neither right nor left politically, so now let me tell you all the ways in which the left is wrong." It's such a classic troll tactic that we already have multiple members who play that game.
 
(Blah blah, I started nice and you go for ridiculous name calling. You cannot accept that many people cannot share your blind hatred of the man so you call them cultists. I couldn’t be any further from that)

I just want to highlight this little part because it's a lot more important than most will initially realize.

At a glance, AOK Tiger would appear to be rather perturbed by childish name-calling. That's a fine characteristic. Some might even say the world would be a better place if others shared this value.

However, AOK Tiger started this thread because he doesn't seem to understand why people are bothered by Donald Trump. Either this gentleman is horribly uninformed regarding Trump's immature insults (one of the man's most recognizable characteristics), or AOK Tiger has allowed blind admiration to overcome his revulsion to contradictions.

In either case, I think everyone else involved in the conversation should remain open to the possibility that they are not dealing with a reasonable person. After all, if the facts make Trump look bad, then it must be fake news, right?
 
You've learned well from your whore; now you're lying about what you said. Do you think he'll pat you on the head for learning that trick?


If you are going to accuse me of "cheering for people to die," let's see the evidence. Post the quote.
 
I just want to highlight this little part because it's a lot more important than most will initially realize.

At a glance, AOK Tiger would appear to be rather perturbed by childish name-calling. That's a fine characteristic. Some might even say the world would be a better place if others shared this value.

However, AOK Tiger started this thread because he doesn't seem to understand why people are bothered by Donald Trump. Either this gentleman is horribly uninformed regarding Trump's immature insults (one of the man's most recognizable characteristics), or AOK Tiger has allowed blind admiration to overcome his revulsion to contradictions.

In either case, I think everyone else involved in the conversation should remain open to the possibility that they are not dealing with a reasonable person. After all, if the facts make Trump look bad, then it must be fake news, right?

I think most of us had AOK Tiger figured out after his first post. I know I did.
 
I just want to highlight this little part because it's a lot more important than most will initially realize.

At a glance, AOK Tiger would appear to be rather perturbed by childish name-calling. That's a fine characteristic. Some might even say the world would be a better place if others shared this value.

However, AOK Tiger started this thread because he doesn't seem to understand why people are bothered by Donald Trump. Either this gentleman is horribly uninformed regarding Trump's immature insults (one of the man's most recognizable characteristics), or AOK Tiger has allowed blind admiration to overcome his revulsion to contradictions.

In either case, I think everyone else involved in the conversation should remain open to the possibility that they are not dealing with a reasonable person. After all, if the facts make Trump look bad, then it must be fake news, right?

Tbf, s/he did mention that the son bares some of the responsibility. Perhaps we could demand to see a Birth Certificate of some kind?
 
I had no real opinion on Trump before he announced his campaign in 2015. I neither liked nor disliked him because I knew little about him. I came to detest him during the primaries and then the campaign after the RNC. It had little to do with his policies and mostly to do with his behavior and character. He showed me what a lying, bullying, narcissistic, repulsive, disgusting pig of a PERSON he is. I don't care that's he's a Republican. That's not why he disgusts me. He disgusts me by being the PERSON he is. If he had been the Democratic nominee, I would have written someone else's name in. I could never have voted for him and lived with myself after.


I would have voted for him, and I understand why those on the Right would have too. I’d want the SCOTUS pick. I’d want the power and influence the office brings. I’d vote for him in the hope that the office would change him, and he could finally pivot into a person fit for the presidency.

That said, it became abundantly clear that he is incapable of growing and more toxic than even I had thought. At some point, continuing one’s supporter becomes abetting the crime. At some point, one has to reach a limit to the amount of insanity and immorality that they will tolerate.

What we have found is that Republicans’ tolerance is far greater than I would have imagined. It has genuinely shaken my faith in this country to think that ~40% of Americans approve of it.
 
Last edited:
I love that you just link not hating Trump to other nutbaggery.
The presumption is made because of the general truth of it. It doesn't always fit, but usually does. Especially...


I am also anti woo of any sort, clairvoyance etc as well as conspiracy theories...
...when you presented your OP as a huge CT of "the media!!!" :rolleyes:

Do you really believe that the US mainstream media is 'liberal' too?


(Jeez the quote stuff requires caps.. sigh)
Not at all. You failed to close your opening quote tag. ETA: or rather, you are missing a ] where it belongs.



Here is a defence of that.
Classic Trump put the adversary down. He is also a child when it comes to others having a go at him.
And the disabled reporter he mocked openly? What horrid attack did the disabled reporter make first that "justified" that?
 
Last edited:
Is "absurd" the new word for "entirely dishonest?"

"Hi! I lean neither right nor left politically, so now let me tell you all the ways in which the left is wrong." It's such a classic troll tactic that we already have multiple members who play that game.


You can see it coming a mile away. No don't believe what you read or see or hear. I'm not non-partisan and Trump really is not that bad. . It's only the media and They are so dishonest. No really, fire is not hot, ice is not cold and water is not wet. It's Lugenpresse, can't you see?

Time to rethink my hate? Sorry, no can do.

I just read another of his tweets. I just heard him speak. I just watched a clip of one of his rallies. I heard him fawning over Putin and Kim Jong Un.

I just heard him stick up for Saudi Arabia killing a journalist from the Washington Post. I just read the figures on the deficit. I just heard him talking about climate change. I see every decision helping big Pharma. I see him doing nothing about the opioid crises.

The only promise that Trump made which I hoped he would fulfill was that he would be the infrastructure President. He is far from that.
 
Ha I couldn't be more pro evolutionary theory (evolution itself is a fact).
I love that you just link not hating Trump to other nutbaggery.

I am also anti woo of any sort, clairvoyance etc as well as conspiracy theories
Add to this I am also an atheist.
(although I think the term is redundant, its like saying I'm a asantaist or abunnyist for not believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny)
Sorry I don't fit your in your box.

I suppose it's conceivable that people can like Trump and not be a stereotype Trump supporter to cheer at him for encouraging violence towards political opponents, but... if you aren't any of the horrible things Trump is, then in my eyes supporting and apologising for him is like me defending Uri Geller even though I don't believe he really bends spoons with his mind.

I get that there are desperate people out there who think Trump is a horrible person, but stick with him because they think he's going to fix the economy or whatever, but most on the Web seem to buy into some or most of his drivel. Case in point, your "people just hate him because of the liberal media" narrative.

Edit: there is also how so many of his supporters seem to either be drawn to or "catch" his personality, like it's a virus or something. Ordinary politicians don't get hordes of trolls who refuse to engage in discussion and just sit there throwing out whataboutisms, conspiracy theories, and insults whenever their leader is criticised for anything, and support absolutely everything he does, even when it's things they find despicable when done by other politicians.

This "Trump virus" is one of the reasons why I worry about Trump. Do you think these people will go back to being level-headed once their Führer is out of office? Perhaps. Maybe it'll be like people going to Hitler's rallies and being entranced with him, for then to "come back to earth" and hear the speech on the radio and wonder what they got so excited about. Perhaps when Trump is out of office, either throuh impeachment, serving out his term, or death from old age and we get an adult president again, some of his followers will return to normal.

A lot of them, though? They'll keep on being horrible people, because they figured out it works for them.
 
Last edited:
You can add 'retired' to me.
So, let's see here, you logged on from work (if in a 2:30 to 5:00 time zone) just long enough start a new post and leave within 10 minutes. Why bother? Work slow? If it was 5:30 your time, again...why bother logging in for 10 minutes only to then go spend time with family or a hobby a few minutes later? Sorry, I'm still not buying it. I just don't think you are what you represent yourself as being. And none of your posts make me think any differently.

So Stacyhs you can post anytime you like and if someone else doesn't they have some weird agenda. I think I have responded enough to posts to prove my bonafides (not that I care or have too). i'm not even sure what my agenda is supposed to be. I'm hardly schilling for Trump. Although I have found any "minor" defense of him gets short shrift around here.
 
Is "absurd" the new word for "entirely dishonest?"

"Hi! I lean neither right nor left politically, so now let me tell you all the ways in which the left is wrong." It's such a classic troll tactic that we already have multiple members who play that game.

So Babby where have I shown even the slightest leaning towards the right as you imply ?

Not hating Trump means I'm a right wing troll?

Oddly enough Trump is one of the MOST left wing of the republican candidates, you should be glad he is in instead of Cruz !

And BTW I thought Bernie Sanders was an old fuddy duddy and never liked him but I did the "who should you vote for" online quiz before the last US election and I came up 93 % Sanders. Oddly I was 73% Trump and 73 % Clinton (go figure).
 
So Babby where have I shown even the slightest leaning towards the right as you imply ?

Not hating Trump means I'm a right wing troll?

Oddly enough Trump is one of the MOST left wing of the republican candidates, you should be glad he is in instead of Cruz !
And BTW I thought Bernie Sanders was an old fuddy duddy and never liked him but I did the "who should you vote for" online quiz before the last US election and I came up 93 % Sanders. Oddly I was 73% Trump and 73 % Clinton (go figure).


A similar sentiment is, “you can’t impeach trump, because Mike Pence.”

But while both Pence and Cruz aren’t people that I’d want to see ascend to the presidency, trump is singularly stupid, impulsive, inconsistent and crass. I’m used to conservatives. I’m used to evangelicals. I’m not used to profane, megalomaniacal, mouth-breathing idiots occupying the Oval Office.
 
Last edited:
Wow, just going through a few of the posts here it seems I am damned for daring defend Trump.

I sort of get it, I don’t have to have him as my president and none of his policies are affecting Australia (with the exception of a strong US $ is hurting us a bit).

What I don’t get is the over the top detestation of the guy, as stated earlier.
The main thing seems to revolve around his “lying”
Most of which seems to be exaggeration, mistake and a bit of white lying (which seems very much like all politicians). I’d like to see some examples that don’t fit with this. I just googled a few and most of them seems to be of this type like:

(Trump Voice), “Everybody loves me, China loves me, they love my big brain.”
Then indignant people say that is not true… “He’s a Liar”, sheesh duh like that was serious!

I am starting to get a better picture though, I think he is hated because he is embarrassing.
I think intelligent yanks can handle crooks, womanisers, idiots, warmongers, but don’t embarrass me.
Aussies have had a litany of embarrassing Prime Ministers so maybe we are used to it ?
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom