• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Destroyed Atlantis = Menorah

Interpretation:

"I've got nothing."

Speaking of having nothing, why did you fail to address what I said?

We don't know how the universe was created, therefore god. If you don't have an alternative explanation, mine is correct. This is the exact logic you're using, and it's wrong in both cases.

Your explanation has no evidence to support it, doesn't fit with Plato's description even though he's the only source you have for the claim, and has been debunked numerous times. In response to this you ask for alternatives because you know that, as you say:

"I've got nothing."

You indeed don't.
 
Even if this is THE weakest argument ever postulated with the weakest evidence ever collected, it would be better than than the "it's just a lamp" explanation offered.

You're really not going to reply to post 626, are you?

I'll just repeat myself, I guess:

The "evidence" you've presented has not included anything relevant to a link between Atlantis and the menorah.

1. You've talked about Plato, and some ruins off the coast of Spain. This part of the conversation is relevant to whether or not Atlantis exists at all, but it is not evidence that links Atlantis to the Jewish people.

2. You've talked about how symbols in general and the menorah in specific may have changed over time. This part of the conversation is relevant to establishing that it is possible the menorah could have been based on some other symbol, but it is not evidence that links Atlantis to the Jewish people.

3. You've talked about some carvings and symbols. Not only are these symbols not evidence that links Atlantis to the Jewish people, you haven't even linked the symbols to either of those things individually.

So, again, I'm willing to set aside the stuff about Atlantis existing and I'm willing to concede that the menorah could have been taken from some other source. If you will actually engage with me on providing evidence that links the menorah to Atlantis I will totally concede your premise (that Atlantis existed and was in or near what is now Spain).

So far you haven't done this. Acting like you've given evidence linking the menorah to Atlantis won't work, we've all read this thread. If you have anything, please present it now.
 
HAHA, No.

It was adopted by the Jewish tradition.

Where did God get this "pattern" from?

See... That's what you have to provide evidence for.

You interpret God showing Moses a design as meaning that there was some pre existing design the Jews found and pretended it came from God.
But this design could be just as post hoc and imaginary as God.
If you want to claim the Jews adopted the symbol from elsewhere, you are at least going to have to show a menorah-like pattern used by a culture the Jews came into contact with. Anything else is just speculation.

Stop trying to get us to defend your strawmen and just admit all you have is base speculation and nothing else.
 
It is if your claim is tested and you fail to present any evidence at all.

Now, on the other hand, I have presented you with some actual evidence.

ALLOW ME TO APOLOGISE.

abaddon, has a theory AND he has evidence!

Please, do point to it. REALLY sorry I missed it.

(looking now)...

(still looking)...

(enlarged my screen font to make sure it wasn't in fine-print somewhere at the bottom)...

(still looking)...

Nope.

No alternative theory, no evidence.

You sir, are mistaken.
 
ALLOW ME TO APOLOGISE.

abaddon, has a theory AND he has evidence!

Please, do point to it. REALLY sorry I missed it.

(looking now)...

(still looking)...

(enlarged my screen font to make sure it wasn't in fine-print somewhere at the bottom)...

(still looking)...

Nope.

No alternative theory, no evidence.

You sir, are mistaken.
Post #669

Ireland. There are carvings of it that predate the bible account.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Ireland_2010_etc_079.jpg

Apologies. I cannot fix your myopia.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom