Definitely noticeable to me.
As I watched I found the whole event strangely beautiful, with the movement, body language and juxtapositions. The citizens right there, the inquisitors, the chairs that seemed like props to pace around. It put me in mind of experimental theater or perhaps a Greek tragedy. I actually teared up at the end when they had to compliment each other. I don't think Hillary was slighting him by citing his family; I thought she was saying that he must have something good going on - besides money - to command such loyalty. I actually teared up at the sincerity with which he praised Hillary's tenacity. For a moment I thought maybe something good could be salvaged from this awful election cycle.
A couple of random points that might annoy people, but I make odd connections:
1. Are we really being fair to douchebags when we use the term as an insult? As much as I love the phrase "Il Douche," I wonder why a feminine hygiene product ended up as a slur.
2. The use of the term "sexual assault" can be problematic. In my state it is a synonym for rape and it involves penetration. Grabbing a woman's pudendum I would be more likely to classify as "sexual abuse." However this is largely because as a newspaper reporter/editor I was sensitive to using legal terms correctly.
One other thing: "Scumbag" means used condom, and the paper's "slot man" - last eyes on copy - would not allow it in print. Same with "snafu." And probably he wouldn't be too crazy about "douche" either.
Remembering that the topic overall is in one of my specialty areas: douche bags, scumbags and enema (x form) are all references essentially to waste products/uncleanliness (even though the purpose of the 1st and last are cleaning oriented), and the removal of waste. Thus, they are considered representative of something (someone) unclean, a waste, useless - by transference.
Definitely agree on the sexual abuse term!!!
Are you referring to Il Duce (Mussolini)???