• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2016 Presidential Debate II

His ad called for reinstatement of the death penalty for murder. The Central Park Five, even if guilty, did not murder anybody. Also, he is calling for reinstatement of the death penalty in order to bring law and order to the city. He is not advocating for the death penalty to be administered ex post facto.

It's truly amazing how many liberal memes are rooted in falsehoods.
You're claiming it was a total coincidence that he bought the ad right after this happened?

Also, she was in a coma at the time and well could have died, making it murder.
 
What part is false? In what way? Unpack the truth for us, man, quit holding out!

Why do I have to do all the work? Those who made the claim that Trump called for the Central Park Five to be given the death penalty should provide the evidence. So far, they have not.
 
There are a few things. There is a report that another youth upon arrest, before police knew a rape occurred, and without prompting, said he knew who committed the rape and named one of the five.

A police report? that's convenient, has anyone seen it?
 
How is that relevant?

The woman is aggrieved at the treatment she received at trial. I can understand that.

I can also understand that Clinton's role was to do what she could to benefit her client, short of breaking certain rules like perjury, etc. I also understand that Clinton didn't want to defend this man, but when she had no choice, she did so to the best of her abilities.

But I can't fault the victim for not thinking that these esoteric considerations should matter to her. And I'd bet Trump's intended audience does not care for those concerns either.

The victim is being paid at this point. All those women are. I guarantee it.
 
You're claiming it was a total coincidence that he bought the ad right after this happened?

Also, she was in a coma at the time and well could have died, making it murder.

It's not a coincidence, but the Central Park Jogger case was an example of the problem, not the problem in itself. I remember that time. The attack simply brought into sharp focus how bad things had become. Trump's call for the death penalty was as general law-and-order policy. It couldn't have been applied to the Central Park Five anyway, since it would have been ex post facto. There's no question he knew that. His ad represented legitimate policy advocacy, and he might have also had an ulterior motive of building support for a future political career as a law-and-order mayoral candidate.

But that's not the same as calling for the Central Park Five to be put to death. Not even close.
 
It's not a coincidence, but the Central Park Jogger case was an example of the problem, not the problem in itself. I remember that time. The attack simply brought into sharp focus how bad things had become. Trump's call for the death penalty was as general law-and-order policy. It couldn't have been applied to the Central Park Five anyway, since it would have been ex post facto. There's no question he knew that. His ad represented legitimate policy advocacy, and he might have also had an ulterior motive of building support for a future political career as a law-and-order mayoral candidate.

But that's not the same as calling for the Central Park Five to be put to death. Not even close.
Ok, that's fair enough.
 
Well there's the precedent of Taft, so let Obama be chief justice.

Obama is too old (We want a 30 year old Mexican American bleeding heart liberal lesbian.Someone who can spend 60 years on the bench) And he can do a lot more good by creating a charity. I'm thinking something called the Obama Foundation....Bill can help out....I hear he has experience with that kind of thing.
 
It's not a coincidence, but the Central Park Jogger case was an example of the problem, not the problem in itself. I remember that time. The attack simply brought into sharp focus how bad things had become. Trump's call for the death penalty was as general law-and-order policy. It couldn't have been applied to the Central Park Five anyway, since it would have been ex post facto. There's no question he knew that. His ad represented legitimate policy advocacy, and he might have also had an ulterior motive of building support for a future political career as a law-and-order mayoral candidate.

But that's not the same as calling for the Central Park Five to be put to death. Not even close.

Okay, having looked at the ad now and having seen some clips of him talking at the time, it seems he did not actually call for the Central Park Five to be executed.
 
...am I the only one who is entirely done with this?

No. Not at all.

I'm done with Trump, and I'm done with these reprehensible sycophants that support him and try to defend everything he's said.

He said he committed sexual assault. He wants to jail his political opponents. He wants to stifle the press. Who knows what else this piece of **** is capable of?
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.


Anyone at this point who defends Trump is actively pursuing an anti-American stance. They are ACTIVELY promoting a despotic regime as opposed to the democratic process that has made this the most desirable country to live in in the world. They themselves are anti-American, and as far as I'm concerned can take up arms, find themselves a nice Pacific Island to take over and stay there until the sun goes supernova.

There is no place in a civilized society for the types of people who are STILL defending Donald Trump.

Period.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom