• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2016 Presidential Debate II

LOL, didn't see that one.

Unless the rumors of there being worse Donald recordings turn out to be true?

She quit Todd Akin's Senate campaign after his legitimate rape comments. I think she's under pressure from the Mercers to stay with the Orange Menace.
 
Bolding mine.

Presumably that was her job?

If so, how is that even an issue? In the court adversarial system, if you're the defence attorney you have to defend the accused to the best of your ability even if you think he's a guilty scumbag. That's how the system is designed to work.

IANAL - or whatever the abbreviation is...so happy to be corrected.

Yes, she was appointed to that. It was her job - can't say no to a judge.
 
Bolding mine.

Presumably that was her job?

If so, how is that even an issue? In the court adversarial system, if you're the defence attorney you have to defend the accused to the best of your ability even if you think he's a guilty scumbag. That's how the system is designed to work.

IANAL - or whatever the abbreviation is...so happy to be corrected.
Absolutely right. And not only in the adversarial system, in an inquisitorial system the defence lawyer also has to do their best.

And it wasn't even that she wanted the job. But the defendant insisted on a female attorney, the prosecutor suggested Hillary and the judge asked her to do the job.

But once assigned she did her professional duty.

Snopes on the story
Vox on the story
Heavy.com on the story with an audio of a mid-1980s interview with Hillary about the case
 
Accused rapists shouldn't have public defenders, obviously. Or defenders of any kind, really. Not sure if this policy will work out for Trump in the long run, though - he may not have thought this through all the way.

Do you think there will be legal ramifications for Trump after this charade? He's on tape admitting to sexual assault for crying out loud. Not to mention his tax situation.
 
Do you think there will be legal ramifications for Trump after this charade? He's on tape admitting to sexual assault for crying out loud. Not to mention his tax situation.
There would have to be a victim within the statute of limitations for the sexual assault thing.

As for his taxes, I doubt he broke the law on it. Really, he probably just hired a good accountant and signed the papers.
 
Im planning to bleach my brain later off a recording of the debate... but from the sound of the excerpts I heard this one was an absolute embarassment... Clinton is a terrible choice.... but I'm unfortunately of the mind that Trump isnt even electable anymore.
 
Im planning to bleach my brain later off a recording of the debate... but from the sound of the excerpts I heard this one was an absolute embarassment... Clinton is a terrible choice.... but I'm unfortunately of the mind that Trump isnt even electable anymore.

I agree - the Devil looks more and more tempting compared to the Deep Orange Sea.
 
Good they thwarted that plan. The fourth was Kathy Shelton, a woman who was allegedly raped when she was 12 and Hillary acted as public defender for the accused. Kathy Shelton until a few years ago didn't even know Hillary was the defender.

Allegedly raped when she was 12? What, pray tell, do you think happened to her that might not have been rape?
 
Good they thwarted that plan. The fourth was Kathy Shelton, a woman who was allegedly raped when she was 12 and Hillary acted as public defender for the accused. Kathy Shelton until a few years ago didn't even know Hillary was the defender.

How is that relevant?

The woman is aggrieved at the treatment she received at trial. I can understand that.

I can also understand that Clinton's role was to do what she could to benefit her client, short of breaking certain rules like perjury, etc. I also understand that Clinton didn't want to defend this man, but when she had no choice, she did so to the best of her abilities.

But I can't fault the victim for not thinking that these esoteric considerations should matter to her. And I'd bet Trump's intended audience does not care for those concerns either.
 
Yes, the man was sentenced for a reduced crime. It seems likely to me that he did rape Shelton, but Clinton defended the man in earnest. However, that is what she is supposed to do. As in the recent film Bridge of Spies, lawyers who are appointed to defend accused people in court have to do so to the best of their ability.

Agreed. I believe that Trumpers do not agree with due-process in their version of "law and order."
 
Apparently, she later clarified that she was going to say "unless her husband and family need her", which raises the obvious question of why she didn't just say that, if it's the truth.

Because, after unintentionally saying "unless", she realized that she needs to show a more solid unity in the Trump campaign and not inadvertently give the impression she's leaving an "out".

I loathe this woman, but I wouldn't think her explanation of the "unless" is unreasonable. She won't explain it like this, of course, because there really are public statements and private reasons, as everyone knows.
 
Lol I know

I would love Clinton to say in the last one at the very start.

"I have noticed Donalds sniffing. I will personally take a drug test at the end of this debate and challenge Donald to do the same.......Unless he is hiding something"


Not drugs. It's a girdle.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom