Here is a couple of TV screens shot in Cheney's office...
I rest my case.
Look at this picture.
You can clearly make out the words "World Trade Center".
If you download the original here, you can zoom in on the TV as much as you want. You will see that you can easily make out the words, "World Trade Center" until you zoom in too far; however, at no magnification or zoom level can you see the time, temperature, or ABC logo with the same clarity. The distortion, or obfuscation, of the time, temperature and ABC logo are uniform, even though the text is nearly the same size as the "World Trade Center" text.
You can also see the two black dots, which should not be there.
I have given this a great deal of thought, and they would have no reason to blur the time from the VCR, even if it was wrong. Here's why:
1. The TV is a Magnavox.
2. The TV is clearly resting on top of a Sony VCR.
3. The TV/VCR is being controlled by a Sony remote. It does not matter if the remote is for the VCR, or if it's a universal remote.
4. It was a common practice to hook the cable connection into the VCR, and then connect the TV to the VCR.
5. If 4 explained the actual setup, it would be common to use the VCR as the tuner.
6. Because of the above, it would be completely normal for the VCR to display time (correct, unset, or not correct) and channel information on the TV.
In other words, there would be no reason to obfuscate channel or time information if it was inadvertently displayed. It could easily be explained away because of what I wrote above. Not only is it plausible, it was an extraordinarily common practice. The TV could have been showing any time, any date, any channel, or anything similar; it all could have been easily explained away.
Based on the facts I have presented above, I suspect that the problem is that the VCR displayed something they could not explain away. I suspect that the VCR was showing that a tape was being played. That's possibly why they had to blur it, and my opinion is that they did a lousy job. The possible reason why they had to blur this image is nothing more than my suspicion, but I stand by my claim that the image was edited.
I thought you were trying to tell me to go away. All of your posts just make me want to keep coming back.
Last edited: