doobiedoright
Critical Thinker
- Joined
- Jul 5, 2008
- Messages
- 396
And another thing, how come so few French civilians died during the American revolution!? Splitters!
We are in the rabbit hole now.![]()
I mean for real they didnt pull their fair weight!
And another thing, how come so few French civilians died during the American revolution!? Splitters!
We are in the rabbit hole now.![]()
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BZYmXB9kayE/SbL8J-lmT9I/AAAAAAAAAsw/NwqNmNh2Phk/s400/schandpaal2.jpg
Anyway, since it is allegedly for funny mistakes among others, I can nominate Robrob if I like. Stop diverting if you don't like me nominating him.
I don't normally like typos as Stundies unless they are wickedly ironic.
As in the case of Mr. "Learn English or GTFO of America", above.
I don't normally like typos as Stundies unless they are wickedly ironic.
Use of guns did allow us to free ourselves 100-200 years sooner than most European nations. Most of it within living memory.
You take the good with the bad.
Why are we able to see details on human faces, license plates, distant galaxies, etc... Using our telescopes and satellites but we are for some reason unable to see the area we "landed on the moon"???
The usual answer is not good enough for me. I don't want to hear the resolutions not good enough on our cameras to see it because the size of a license plate is 4 times smaller than the flag we left on the moon and we can read the letters off the plates of cars from space. I don't care if the picture is blurry and hardly visable show me something red white and blue on our moon and I will believe that we went there.
We are able to see planets light years away but we cannot see something billions of times closer???
ATS is the gift that keeps on giving this month. Ironically named poster, thinkb4uspeak, started a thread called, "Give me one good answer... Attempt to disprove this." In this thread he is questioning the moon landings because,
Then he stundies all over the place.
Size and distance don't effect optics!!! Regardless of the fact that the government can't read a license plate from space (they can't right?) he wants to believe that any object larger than the smallest object you can see should be visible at any distance because planets can be seen from earth.
link
P.S. he mentions he would like Neil deGrasse Tyson to answer this question and I think that has triggered a banner ad to be placed to left advertising a DVD of NDT teaching the "mysteries of the universe." I hope the OP buys it.
Love it. All that BS about optics when the reason we can't see the landing site with telescopes on earth is because THE MOON IS IN THE *********** WAY.
The usual answer is not good enough for me.
ATS is the gift that keeps on giving this month. Ironically named poster, thinkb4uspeak, started a thread called, "Give me one good answer... Attempt to disprove this." In this thread he is questioning the moon landings because,
Then he stundies all over the place.
Size and distance don't effect optics!!! Regardless of the fact that the government can't read a license plate from space (they can't right?) he wants to believe that any object larger than the smallest object you can see should be visible at any distance because planets can be seen from earth.
link
P.S. he mentions he would like Neil deGrasse Tyson to answer this question and I think that has triggered a banner ad to be placed to left advertising a DVD of NDT teaching the "mysteries of the universe." I hope the OP buys it.
Love it. All that BS about optics when the reason we can't see the landing site with telescopes on earth is because THE MOON IS IN THE *********** WAY.
I don't want to hear the resolutions not good enough on our cameras to see it because the size of a license plate is 4 times smaller than the flag we left on the moon and we can read the letters off the plates of cars from space.
Well step 1 would be to put a high resolution camera on an orbiter a low altitude over the moon. Is he willing to fund this?
They think google earth is one image taken from space.
I encountered a troll once who claimed to have served in the United States Marine Core. When this (and a few other errors) was pointed out to him, he vigorously defended "Core" as an alternate spelling for "Corps."...or unless they go out of their way to insist that it wasn't a typo, that it's actually that way, and it's everybody else in the world who are wrong, damnit!
Didn't we have a case like that a few years back, something about a plaque/plague confusion?
I encountered a troll once who claimed to have served in the United States Marine Core. When this (and a few other errors) was pointed out to him, he vigorously defended "Core" as an alternate spelling for "Corps."
Ziggurat said:Estimates vary widely of the extent of false rape claims (2% to 40%, IIRC), but they do happen.
Furthermore, if abortion is made only available to rape victims, then that will create a massive new incentive to falsely claim rape. So we can expect that whatever the current number is, it would go up if abortions were outlawed except in cases of rape.