MT,
TFK post 389: "
1. Where are femr's & MT's graphs of the tilt angle vs. time?
2. How about drop distance (in feet, not pixels) vs. time.
3. How about a statement of the frame in which you think that the drop transitions from rotation to pure descent. "
Tom, how many times have I mentioned frame 224 and the failure of the NW corner?? The last columns to fail are along the NW corner, around Sauret frame 224. I have been posting the same graph and explanation for a few months now.
OK, you seem to be answering my 3rd question here...
So, MT, frame 224 is the frame in which "you think that the drop transitions from rotation to pure descent."
Really?
What stops the rotation?
Do you recall the expression "release point"? How about velocity take off point? Do I need to repeat it all again just because you cannot read?
I didn't ask anything about the "release point".
Why can't you answer the questions that I actually ask, instead of launching into all of this.
Tilt angles vs time, Tom? You didn't notice these????
SAURET VIEWPOINT:
[blah, blah, blah,
approximately 350-line wall of irrelevant text]
Please don't do that.
It's really childish.
And really annoying.
I asked a simple question about a graph of "tilt angle vs. time".
In all of that blather, was there a reference to your graph of "tilt angle vs. time"?
If it is there, please consider the concept of Signal to Noise Ratio. And simply point it out.
If not, simply say, "No, I haven't done one."
That 4.4 degree explanation you gave....I'm speechless. I swear, you really don't know how many mistakes you make, do you?
By all means, please point them out.
I would be totally ashamed to post that picture.
Perhaps you would.
Perhaps you could explain your prospective embarrassment.
Perhaps, at some point, you might care to state what point you THINK I was making in posting it, and we could compare notes to see if what YOU think I was saying matches what I think I was saying.
Just a thought...
Tom, can you see the north wall in that picture? Have you wondered why not? Where is your mind when you dream that stuff up?
Why, yes I can.
I am surprised that you appear to be suggesting that one can NOT see the north wall. If you can not, perhaps a trip to the optometrist is in order.
Perhaps this will help.
Perhaps you meant "the north wall of the upper block". To which the answer is "no, can't see it thru the smoke".
But, if you read my post, I didn't NEED to see it, because I didn't use it for anything.
I needed to be able to see 3 things: the antenna, the NW corner of the lower block & the NW corner of the upper block.
As you can see, all 3 are visible.
We have established one thing for certain: Nobody posting has a clue about how to find the angle tilt angle over which the columns originally failed.
There are at least 20 posters here who have demonstrated far, far more capacity for evaluating photographic evidence, performing math analyses of various levels of sophistication, etc, than you (or femr) have demonstrated.
There is a sizeable difference between "nobody has a clue how to" and "nobody has any interest in performing an analysis that has no demonstrated (or truther-suggested) significance".
I am not judging you since it is not easy.
Uh yeah, it is easy. A tad tedious, requires a bit of care.
But it is simply measurement of angles on images from multiple angles. Once you've determined aspect ratios, and if you can do a little matrix algebra, it doesn't get much easier.
I do judge the posters that act like they are know-it-alls while they remain ignorant of the basic mistakes they are making.
"Basic mistakes" like, say, refusing to state the reason for, or implications of, doing the analysis in the first place?
More importantly, you now realize that there is nowhere in the NIST report you can go for a clear explanation of the WTC1 collapse initiation motion.
Uh, that would be wrong. But only partially wrong.
NIST was not tasked with "finding out the collapse initiation
motion".
They were tasked with "finding out the collapse initiation
cause".
They found out the cause.
They kinda glossed over the motion, touching on it in generic terms, because it just ain't that important.
YOU GUYS are the ones obsessing about the details of the motion, and you can't even say why. Talk about "thrashing around in the dark…"
It is a bit embarrassing to watch some posters continue to defend the NIST concerning their description of an 8 degree tilt. If the NIST was clear, would you need such tortured explanations?
You seem to "get embarrassed" for other people on a fairly regular basis.
I'd recommend that you stop being so concerned about other peoples' embarrassment, and start worrying about your own. Nine years down the old crapper on Twoofer nonsense would be a good starting point...
Just a friendly suggestion…
tom