• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Why Does The Mainstream Media Ignore The Bilderberg Group?" (Article)

.

People who maintain that the Bilderberg group is harmless usually also maintain that the US isn't an imperialist power and are therefore either extremely naive, or disinfo agents. People who maintain that the Bilderberg group is what the alternative press says it is usually correctly say that the US is an imperialist power which is a sign that they are objective and should be taken seriously.

Google "Michel Chossudovsky Bilderberg" to see what the Alternative press says.


Where's that put me FF88?

I say that the BG has not been shown to be nefarious or guilty of any malfeasance yet I do not concede that the must therefore BE harmless.
 
Was every reporter in the USA on that plane? Can you prove that the meeting was not reported in any media?

Wait a second--someone's claiming that a CNN video shows an event that wasn't covered in the mainstream media?
 
Wait a second--someone's claiming that a CNN video shows an event that wasn't covered in the mainstream media?

Here's CNN covering details of the secret meeting the day after it happened. Notice how they surreptitiously avoid any mention of Bilderberg by claiming the meeting happened at Diane Feinstein's house. They even got Feinstein and Robert Gibbs to go along with it. The fiends.

Obama, Clinton hold talks in Feinstein's living room
 
I say that the BG has not been shown to be nefarious or guilty of any malfeasance yet I do not concede that the must therefore BE harmless.
What's your stand on American Imperialism?

If you're new to the issue, here's part one of a video series you should watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAeWqBQr1GA

Enter "Death squads", "Torture", or "CIA" in this search engine for more on American Imperialism.
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/htdig/search.html

This site is mainly about American imperialism.
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/

If you've been forming opinions on what the American press says, you should check out this info.
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...4.0.0.0.1.110.810.13j1.14.0...0.0.EtK55NR4CLg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=ES&hl=es&v=Wi5h3vZl6uo
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Media/media_watch.html
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Propaganda/Propaganda_page.html
 
Last edited:
What's your stand on American Imperialism?

If you're new to the issue, here's part one of a video series you should watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAeWqBQr1GA

Enter "Death squads", "Torture", or "CIA" in this search engine for more on American Imperialism.
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/htdig/search.html

This site is mainly about American imperialism.
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/

If you've been forming opinions on what the American press says, you should check out this info.
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...4.0.0.0.1.110.810.13j1.14.0...0.0.EtK55NR4CLg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=ES&hl=es&v=Wi5h3vZl6uo
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Media/media_watch.html
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Propaganda/Propaganda_page.html

...and in other news, if you search for "hamsters cause global warming", you'll also find a website to suit your preconceptions.

Research by youtube is the last refuge of the incompetent justifying the implausible with the incomprehensible

ETA - And I'll take my language award nomination now, please... :p
 
Last edited:
...and in other news, if you search for "hamsters cause global warming", you'll also find a website to suit your preconceptions.

I did the search (with quotes) and Google came back with "No results found." However, I am willing to accept that the claim was accurate at the time it was made. This makes me wonder why Google is removing hamster-based websites from their searches.
 
Imperialism is good. Those savages would never have found out where they lived if we hadn't discovered them and told them.
 
Where's that put me FF88?

I say that the BG has not been shown to be nefarious or guilty of any malfeasance yet I do not concede that the must therefore BE harmless.

What's your stand on American Imperialism?

I fail to see how its relevant to my question. You stated that those who see the BG as "harmless" also believe in American Imperialism. I stated that I see no evidence to support the contention that the BG are evil but admit that does not prove they are harmless.

So I asked my question. You do understand that I was trying to point out to you that I do not fit either into your dichotomy, and that the topic of this thread is not American Imperialism but the BG. In fact the idea of an evil BG is not the original topic of the discussion, it is the supposed ignoring of the BG by the same mainstream media that, according to CE and Dazed, was fooled into not being present to cover a meeting of the BG.:eek::eye-poppi:boggled:

Ok though, you asked what my position on American Imperialism is.
I do not see an American Empire around the world unless you count Puerto Rico and the American Virgin Islands. Certainly the USA does attempt to persuade or even coerce other country's to support the position of the USA on many matters and to do business with the USA etc. Some would call this interference in the sovereignty of other countries. It is not however "Imperialism"
(Then again since you do not know the definition of "objective" I cannot expect you to know what an empire is either.)
I see the USA as a major world power using diplomacy and other means to protect interests that are important to itself and its allies. This is no different than what every other country in the world does except in degree (which is roughly proportional to an individual country's size and wealth) China does it, so does Russia, so does the Maldives and so too does Lichtenstein.

Perhaps it would be more to the point if you listed a few countries that you see as models of non-interference in the affairs of other countries.

If you're new to the issue, here's part one of a video series you should watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAeWqBQr1GA

I do not watch anything until the poster demanding that I do("you should watch" looks like a demand to me) explains his or her position on specifics contained within the video. So FF88, what am I being told to watch and what specific messages are there in it for me?

Enter "Death squads", "Torture", or "CIA" in this search engine for more on American Imperialism.

I enter those three phrases/words for info on "American Imperialism"? Should one not also enter "American Imperialism" in a search for "American Imperialism", or does 'death squads', 'torture', and CIA define "Imperialism" to you?


This site is mainly about American imperialism.
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/

Fantastic, and how about a summary of the points they make before I wade through a wall of text, or a linkfest page.


Forming opinions on the US press? Well yes I have, I watch a fair amount of US TV news but get most of my info from my own country's news organizations. It tends to be more relevant to me, and contains more world news and less 'fluff'.


A quick look tells me you wish me to go and watch/read about 40 hours worth of material. As I said I am not going to do that UNTIL you, the one who is telling me to do so, informs me as to specifics of what we are going to discuss. Even then if I see that this is simply a paranoid conspiracy rant I am likely to disregard it and you entirely. Now having perused one of your links I see hints that its going to include long treatises on how 9/11 was not the result of Islamic fundamentalist/nationalist ideologues but instead was perpetrated by the USA itself. That tends to dissuade me from going any further unless there are perhaps other specifics you care to discuss.

Otherwise how about we get back on the thread's track?
 
Last edited:
I fail to see how its relevant to my question.

It isn't. The majority of the Bilderbergers are not American, so whether Americans are imperialists has nothing to do with whether the Bilderbergers are evil. The Bilderbergers' motives themselves are even only tangentially related to the thread topic, since speculation about them is given as one possible answer to the question the topic raises. I still believe the best answer to that question is that the media doesn't pay a lot of attention to the Bilderberger meetings because the meetings are famously off the record and aren't going to provide much news content. That's completely irrelevant to whether the Bilderbergers are good or evil or somewhere in between.

Ok though, you asked what my position on American Imperialism is.

That's just his loyalty litmus test. Unless you answer "properly" on the irrelevant question he's asking you, he'll dismiss your on-topic statements as disinformation. He only talks to people who pass his subjective loyalty tests.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom