• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Why Does The Mainstream Media Ignore The Bilderberg Group?" (Article)

That's why I'm the chief engineer. I have far more power than any of the managers. I actually know how the stuff works, and I get to do the fun stuff while everyone else is in meetings. As for money, I have enough. Don't need to constantly get more.

this is a very small tv station, there are actually under a dozen employees. The cableco that owns us however has 15000 employees including a tv network and a dozen cable specialty channels.
We here are jack of all trades, for eg., editors also produce, direct , switch, stand behind or in front of the camera. techs also do some of everthing. Even the manager has manned a camera a few times. Now what would I gain by taking positions at the larger stations other than a narrower job description and riding a desk all day? Even if I took the same position in a larger ciy I would pay more for a house and besides here I am a ten minute drive to my summer cottage, a three minute walk to work,a five minute walk to a beach on the 45 mile wide lake. I can be off work at 4:30 and fishing ten miles down the lake by 5:00. (in June the sun sets after 9:00 pm and there's a boat launch accross the street from the office)

are there motivations other than wealth? abso-freakin-lootly
 
Last edited:
I certainly know I don't want power. I was told to go for the managers job after he got a promotion. I said to the person suggesting it that I most certainly did not want it. I believe that I would have done a decent job of it but would have been miserable. I cringe at the prospect of endless meetings, of dealing with accountants and gov't bureacrats, and budgetary considerations. I'd rather actually get stuff done, with my hands and technical training.

Sure the job would have, had I gone for it and been chosen for it, given me a 40% pay bump but that's not worth having a Blackberry surgically attached to my head.

If you have no lust for power and no avarice then you are not human,according to Dazed.
 
I've already stated that I'm wary of BG because of my own distrust of the wealthy based on my own understanding of human nature. Additionally there is some historical precedent, IMO, for distrusting the benevolence of certain organizations represented at BG, such as the NSA and large banks.

The only reason I've posted in this thread was to defend the sanity of that position, but its become more effort than its even worth with all of the false claims attributed to me and the mocking childishness of those purveying them. Implying my belief in reptilian overlords is the final straw in my interest in this thread.
 
Last edited:
I've already stated that I'm wary of BG because of my own distrust of the wealthy...

I.e., personal bias. Yes, we get it. The problem comes when you try to extend that personal bias to everyone and call them names for not sharing it.

The only reason I've posted in this thread was to defend the sanity of that position, but its become more effort than its even worth...

Consider that your difficulty arises because the position you advocate is not as sane as you believe it to be.

with all of the false claims attributed to me...

I've quoted your own words back to you several times, without comment from you. You're trying to revise your position without letting on that's what you're doing. That's dishonest. Simply admit that others have a point, and we'll be good.

...and the mocking childishness of those purveying them.

Nope. You've been trying to play the victim since Day One. We're onto you.

Implying my belief in reptilian overlords is the final straw in my interest in this thread.

Nope. Alien reptilians were mentioned. No one says you believe in them. You protest too much; your complaints that things are being unfairly attributed to you fall flat when you grope frantically for such attributions.

Goodbye.
 
Fixed that for you. Thanks for lying about my statements though.

No, his statement would be correct. You say the Bilderbergers are greedy and power-grubbing because it's human nature to do so. For something to be human nature, it would have to be shared by all humans, because that's what "human nature" means.

Your revised argument says that the Bilderbergers are compelled to do what they do because it's in the nature of the Bilderbergers to do so. In other words, you've piled a circular argument on top of your begged question. We're back to the tautology I described in my very first post in this thread.

You've basically decided to hate the Bilderbergers, and all the rest of this discussion is your silly effort to post-justify that decision in pseudo-intellectual fashion.
 
Fixed that for you. Thanks for lying about my statements though.

You have a short memory.

''I believe it is, based on human nature, and reasons I've stated already: Humans are motivated by wealth and power, there's a historical precedent of rich and powerful seeking more wealth and power, historical precedent for subversion of democracy where possible.''



''Most important thing to the rich and powerful: Maintaining or increasing wealth and power.''


''people with the resources of the Bilderberg attendees would conspire to subvert democracy simply because they can, as we both agree that's human nature. ''

''I do not believe the wealthy have my best interests at heart. ''
 
I'm not the proponent of anything. Someone posted a video and I watched it and agreed that this was significant to this discussion. (Or at least what would be a discussion if you weren't just desperately trying to pigeonhole me into some "position" that you could then "debunk") If you can't be bothered to watch it, there's nothing to discuss.
You have been told this, but there was a lot of back and forth drama since.

The guy that posted that video is a holocaust-denying neo nazi whose initials stand for "Missles at Ground Zero," a reference to an insane claim about missles being fired at the World Trade Center on 9/11/01. No one here is obliged to view such a video, and most don't see his posts, because they have MAGZ on "ignore" here.

Still havent watched the video eh?

Here let me do your homework for you:
It's a CNN camera recording a plane full of news reporters being held captive and flown to Chicago after being tricked into thinking the presidential candidates would be on the plane, but they were really attending the bilderberg meeting, and the whole thing was an elaborate ruse to incapacitate and deceive all the news reporters so the candidates could attend the bilderberg meetings unmolested by national scrutiny.
And insane claims like this are why we don't pay attention to that person.
 
You have been told this, but there was a lot of back and forth drama since.

The guy that posted that video is a holocaust-denying neo nazi whose initials stand for "Missles at Ground Zero," a reference to an insane claim about missles being fired at the World Trade Center on 9/11/01. No one here is obliged to view such a video, and most don't see his posts, because they have MAGZ on "ignore" here.


And insane claims like this are why we don't pay attention to that person.

You speak the truth.
 
You have been told this, but there was a lot of back and forth drama since.

The guy that posted that video is a holocaust-denying neo nazi whose initials stand for "Missles at Ground Zero," a reference to an insane claim about missles being fired at the World Trade Center on 9/11/01. No one here is obliged to view such a video, and most don't see his posts, because they have MAGZ on "ignore" here.


And insane claims like this are why we don't pay attention to that person.


Laughable ad hominem. I re-posted the video. See embed last page. It shows what Dazed said it shows (the inside plane part). You can read up on the rest. It happened. Your only possible escape is to claim that they disappeared for some other "private meeting in Virginia". Have fun.
 
Laughable ad hominem. I re-posted the video. See embed last page. It shows what Dazed said it shows (the inside plane part). You can read up on the rest. It happened. Your only possible escape is to claim that they disappeared for some other "private meeting in Virginia". Have fun.

Was every reporter in the USA on that plane? Can you prove that the meeting was not reported in any media?
 
You have a short memory.

''I believe it is, based on human nature, and reasons I've stated already: Humans are motivated by wealth and power, there's a historical precedent of rich and powerful seeking more wealth and power, historical precedent for subversion of democracy where possible.''

Which is directly related to my explanaition that other issues motivate me, to whit:
this is a very small tv station, there are actually under a dozen employees. The cableco that owns us however has 15000 employees including a tv network and a dozen cable specialty channels.
We here are jack of all trades, for eg., editors also produce, direct , switch, stand behind or in front of the camera. techs also do some of everthing. Even the manager has manned a camera a few times. Now what would I gain by taking positions at the larger stations other than a narrower job description and riding a desk all day? Even if I took the same position in a larger ciy I would pay more for a house and besides here I am a ten minute drive to my summer cottage, a three minute walk to work,a five minute walk to a beach on the 45 mile wide lake. I can be off work at 4:30 and fishing ten miles down the lake by 5:00. (in June the sun sets after 9:00 pm and there's a boat launch accross the street from the office)

are there motivations other than wealth? abso-freakin-lootly

Thus strictly speaking if "Humans are motivated by wealth and power" and I am apparently not then it follows that either I am not human or the premise is incorrect..

Perhaps dazed will by now have realized that its his all or nothing, unqualified statements that are the crux of his problem in hi sposts.

Had he stated that "history shows that for some people their prime motivators are wealth and power", he would not be taken to task.

Perhaps if he had simply opined that "Bill Gates may have begun his charity partly to deflect the ill feeling some people direct towards those of great wealth" he would not have been jumped on so heavily.

As JU has pointed out I believe, had Dazed stated that he is watchful of the Bilderberg Group because of the possibility (as opposed to probability) that such meetings could become a force with more power than governments. He would have received some small support.

Instead he displays an irrational fear and loathing of all those he considers rich. One wonders at what point a person is not wealthy enough to be the target of such fear and loathing. Certainly billionaires qualify, what is the low cut off though? Doctors are well paid in Canada and the USA. Many are millionaires by retirement. Insurance brokers and lawyers do well too. Some small business people also manage to become well off.
In the province of Ontario we get, once a year, a "Sunshine list" of all the persons receiving government payments over $100,000 per annum.
Since doctors do not bill patients and instead bill the Ontario government, many of them, especially specialists, are on the list. So too are school board presidents and top government officials.

Is $CDN100,000 (today that would be about $US98,000, two weeks ago it would have been $US102,000) a level at which Dazed or others would have suspicions about their motivations?
$250,000?
$500K?
$1M?
$10M?

Yes I understand that there is a level of wealth which many of us simply do not really fathom. I illustrate this often by noting that the Canadian Super 7 lottery often runs up to $50Million and people flock to buy a ticket. To the vast majority of citizens that amount of money is absolutely enormous, however, there are CEOs who receive compensation at this level every year.

Now here is where we can also illustrate that Dazed's unqualified statement about human motivation goes astray. Yes, people buy a ticket in order to chase the unlikely possibility of what they consider vast riches, for our puposes let's say $50M (BTW there is no lottery tax in Canada, you get the whole shee-bang).
Do lottery winners then use that wealth to increase their wealth and power to even greater heights? Not really. Many give away portions of their winnings to friends or relatives, buy a new house and car and then simply go about life as independantly wealthy persons. The motivation displayed then is largesse and a happiness with what they have. The diametric opposite of what Dazed contended was human motivation.
 
Laughable ad hominem. I re-posted the video. See embed last page. It shows what Dazed said it shows (the inside plane part). You can read up on the rest. It happened. Your only possible escape is to claim that they disappeared for some other "private meeting in Virginia". Have fun.

I can recommend the video. The truther comments in the speech balloons are pure comedy gold.
 
Do lottery winners then use that wealth to increase their wealth and power to even greater heights? Not really. Many give away portions of their winnings to friends or relatives, buy a new house and car and then simply go about life as independantly wealthy persons. The motivation displayed then is largesse and a happiness with what they have. The diametric opposite of what Dazed contended was human motivation.

Well said. I wonder if Dazed can tell us the level of income you need to be evil and hungry for power and more wealth
 
The guy that posted that video is a holocaust-denying neo nazi whose initials stand for "Missles at Ground Zero," a reference to an insane claim about missles being fired at the World Trade Center on 9/11/01.

Laughable ad hominem. .

What part of Carlitos assessment of MagZ is incorrect?

I suppose perhaps the "insane" bit could be strictly considered ad hom though the M.A.G.Z. contention is not particularily well accepted even among persons who do not accept the common narritive of the events of 9/11/01.

The rest is quite true and MagZ may not take issue with the description himself.

At any rate I fail to see the 'laughable' part.
 
Ad hominems (you know what that is, right? then why ask about his assessment of MaGZ?) stated with such a level of arrogance and willful ignorance, while the evidence is right in front of ones nose, are always laughable.

So you haven't read any Holocaust denier threads here.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom