• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Watching the debate tonight?

Politically speaking when your opponent adopts your insult as their own self identified label, something has gone less than ideally.
 
Really? The GOP lost their collective **** over it. Their pearls still have fingernails embedded in them from that comment.

Yes, they did. But they weren't going to vote for Hillary anyway.

The question is, did a comment made by Hillary describing some (or did she say half?) of "Trump supporters are deplorable make people who were going to vote for Hillary or weren't going to vote for Trump cast their ballot for Trump?

I'm skeptical it actually affected more than a minuscule number of voters if any. But regardless of my skepticism, the point is we cannot know the reality.
 
Last edited:
I agree with Trebuchet. Although Trumpers had a hissy fit over HRC's use of the word "deplorables" (however much actually correct, IMO), it made no difference in who voted for her.
 
Less than a day. I don't have a link, but Adams tweeted a short time ago that he's now going to vote for Trump anyway because people on Twitter have been treating his surprise at Trump's refusal to condemn white supremacists with mockery.
:rolleyes:

Yeah right, like he was ever not going to vote for Trump.

I suspect he posted the first comment drunk and when he sobered up he remembered he was an ass.
 
Last edited:
Trump is complaining about the mere possibility that moderators might be able to mute him. Some are speculating that he might use this potential change as a pretense for backing out of the upcoming debates.

Here's my crazy, not-completely-original strategy: Biden should ask the debate commission to leave everything as-is.

By all accounts, Trump's display on Tuesday did not win him any voters. Why change anything? If the next two debates are carbon copies of the first, then we should expect similar results in Biden's favor.

But I don't think they'd be the same mess all over again. I think Biden will do even better in the sequels.

First, everybody was expecting Trump to behave immaturely, but I don't think many of us were expecting him to be that much of a buffoon. All I wanted Biden to do going into this was to show the American people that he was the adult on stage, and to not get dragged down into the muck. In that regard, I think he did a decent job; better than most politicians would have performed in the same position.

Second, anybody expecting Trump to act differently the second time around is operating under the premise that the man has some degree of self-control. Those who actually viewed the first debate has substantial evidence to the contrary. On the other hand, Biden has a team working with him on strategy, and he's able to follow their advice. For example, he knew that there were a few times when he was supposed to look into the camera when answering the question. On a rematch, he would likely be less flustered than before, and even have a few lines up his sleeve explicitly for pushing Trump's buttons (like when Donald got triggered at the word "smart").

It ain't broke, don't fix it. In fact, we can give it a tune up and make it run even better than before.
 
From the Scott Adams twitter to Dave Rubin

https://twitter.com/RubinReport/status/1311469297613504512

From 2016;

Chris Wallace asks Trump:

WALLACE: Mr. Trump, Romney also talked about your position on race, and the controversy over your failure to denounce David Duke on Sunday. You have repeatedly disavowed him since then, but I'd like to go deeper than that. What are your views on the Klu Klux Klan, and white supremacists?

TRUMP: I totally disavow the Klu Klux Klan. I totally disavow David Duke. I've been doing it now for two weeks, this is your -- you're probably about the 18th person that's asked me the question. It was very clear, that question was also talked about in the form of groups. Groups, I want to know which groups are you talking about? You have to tell me which groups?

Ultimately, he got to the Klu Klux Klan, which obviously I'm going to disavow. And, by the way, if you look on my Twitter account, almost immediately after the program they were disavowed again.

You know, it's amazing. When I do something on Twitter, everybody picks it up, goes all over the place. But, when I did this one nobody ever picks it up. Take a look at my Twitter account.

WALLACE: Thank you, sir.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-fox-news-gop-debate-transcript-annotated/

ETA: He answered it then but can't answer it now.

Also:

Pope rejects US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo meeting
 
Last edited:
Ted Cruz tweets

@tedcruz
Everyone agrees Tuesday’s debate was a train wreck. A major contributing fact was the moderator Chris Wallace, a registered Democrat, repeatedly interrupting to try to help Joe Biden. The next debate is set to be moderated by a former intern to...Joe Biden. (And Ted Kennedy.)

This is NUTS. And no Republican should allow this bias to continue in future elections.

I propose 2 simple, fair rules for future debates:

(1) GOP primary debates should be moderated by people who actually vote in a GOP primary. (Not Dem journalists who want GOP to lose.)

(2) General election debates should be moderated by an equal number of GOP and Dems.
We should stop pretending obvious bias doesn’t exist. Instead, equalize & counter-balance it.

A debate moderated by, say Mark Levin & Chris Hayes would be better than fake impartiality.
Or Rush Limbaugh & Rachel Maddow.

Or Ben Shapiro & Chris Cuomo.

Both sides would take incoming & the debates would be real and substantive.

I cant distinguish between the tweet and what you added. It would be helpful if you put the actual tweet in qoute-tags.
 
Scott Adams Says he feels personally abused by Trump bombing on the white supremacy question during the debate and says Trump lost his vote.

Video in link
https://twitter.com/thejd800/status/1311735674161131520

And now he says that he'll still vote for Trump:

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1311777995183460353

Today I learned that agreeing with Democrats and saying I won’t vote for Trump makes them hate me extra and threaten me. So I’ll be voting for Trump.

He was self-aware enough to realise that Charlottesville was bad, but he seemed affronted by Trump's bad debate tactics rather than his actual support for white supremacists.
 
I cant distinguish between the tweet and what you added. It would be helpful if you put the actual tweet in qoute-tags.

I didn't add anything. That is all Cruz.
I don't add anything to any of the tweets apart from a link at the end if there is a video invovled.
 
trump is right, they shouldn't change the rules for the debates.
They should definitely let crybaby, bully, trump do that insanity on national TV again.
He is haemorrhaging voters.
It is interesting that the first reaction of those who didn't like Trump's behavior is to find ways to do something that would protect Trump from the consequences of it (by diminishing voters' experience of it).
 
It is interesting that the first reaction of those who didn't like Trump's behavior is to find ways to do something that would protect Trump from the consequences of it (by diminishing voters' experience of it).
Appeasing the abuser, as so often happens. :(
 
This morning, I see that both Trump and Ivanka have tested positive for COVID.... I wonder how this will affect future debates?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom