• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Watching the debate tonight?

So why not go nuclear on Trump?

Because the double standard has been well established enough that we'll come out of it looking worse.

The Left will hem-haw, and hair split, and have an internal discussion, about "stooping to their level" or "Oh but doesn't that make us just as bad as them?" while the Right giggles and cheers them on.

We have standards. They don't. We can't pretend that isn't true.
 
Pulling out of the remaining debates would to me be a major sign of weakness and I would be surprised if Trump did it. But this tweet seems to lay the groundwork for it.
 
I would have liked to have heard Biden to have called Trump an *******.

It's a fairly mild swear word but the forum software doesn't allow it.

"Clown" was OK with me, probably far kinder than Trump deserved.
 
Is it only me, or are we not hearing so much about Biden not being able to handle a debate and having dementia any more? Oh sure, there are random morons still trying to sell it, but that was their whole thing going in, how he was going to have to have an ear piece or was given the questions, etc, and if he didn't he would be a blithering bowl of jelly.

But now, pretend no one ever suggested anything like that...

Now it's, oh he was interrupting or being rude or he smiled too much....
 
Is it only me, or are we not hearing so much about Biden not being able to handle a debate and having dementia any more?
I'll have to wait a few more days to be completely sure, but come to think of it, I think that's true.

I guess they finally figured out it wasn't a very smart long-term strategy.
 
As I understand it, the next debate is going to be a town hall style with questions coming from the audience. I think their questions could be interesting.
 
I'll have to wait a few more days to be completely sure, but come to think of it, I think that's true.

I guess they finally figured out it wasn't a very smart long-term strategy.

Well, I mean that should have been obvious long ago, but even after the town hall meetings where Trump went with "herd mentality" instead of immunity and did so bad that the Foxers claimed it must have been an ambush, while Biden did so well that Foxers claimed he must have been on performance enhancing drugs or given the questions, they still didn't catch on?
 
Ted Cruz tweets

@tedcruz
Everyone agrees Tuesday’s debate was a train wreck. A major contributing fact was the moderator Chris Wallace, a registered Democrat, repeatedly interrupting to try to help Joe Biden. The next debate is set to be moderated by a former intern to...Joe Biden. (And Ted Kennedy.)

This is NUTS. And no Republican should allow this bias to continue in future elections.

I propose 2 simple, fair rules for future debates:

(1) GOP primary debates should be moderated by people who actually vote in a GOP primary. (Not Dem journalists who want GOP to lose.)

(2) General election debates should be moderated by an equal number of GOP and Dems.
We should stop pretending obvious bias doesn’t exist. Instead, equalize & counter-balance it.

A debate moderated by, say Mark Levin & Chris Hayes would be better than fake impartiality.
Or Rush Limbaugh & Rachel Maddow.

Or Ben Shapiro & Chris Cuomo.

Both sides would take incoming & the debates would be real and substantive.
 
Last edited:
Ted Cruz tweets

@tedcruz
Everyone agrees Tuesday’s debate was a train wreck. A major contributing fact was the moderator Chris Wallace, a registered Democrat, repeatedly interrupting to try to help Joe Biden. The next debate is set to be moderated by a former intern to...Joe Biden. (And Ted Kennedy.)

IOW, it wasn't really Donald's fault for being an ass, it was Wallace's (a Democrat) fault! He rigged it for Biden just like the Dems are rigging the election!

Ted "Trump crapped on my wife, but I still love the guy" Cruz!
 
As I understand it, the next debate is going to be a town hall style with questions coming from the audience. I think their questions could be interesting.
Oh goodie, even more potential for chaos :thumbsup: . I need to buy more popcorn.
 
News today is about the Proud Boys and the debate.

We've forgotten about Trump's taxes.


He won.
 
Why even so much emphasis on who wins a debate? What's the prize? What matters is the presentation of policies (none of which we got that night), and how the approval ratings go the next few days. People can say one guy won a debate and still vote for the other guy.

It mattered in the past. It doesn't matter much today.
 
Some humor:

"CLEVELAND, OHIO (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump somehow seemed unlikeable and obnoxious in his first 2020 debate performance, despite extensive pre-debate coaching from Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani, campaign staffers have confirmed.

After the debate, staffers were baffled that Trump could appear so off-putting and odious after being prepped by two of the nation’s most beloved and appealing public figures."
 
Some humor:

"CLEVELAND, OHIO (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump somehow seemed unlikeable and obnoxious in his first 2020 debate performance, despite extensive pre-debate coaching from Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani, campaign staffers have confirmed.

After the debate, staffers were baffled that Trump could appear so off-putting and odious after being prepped by two of the nation’s most beloved and appealing public figures."

 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom