Hans
Philosopher
- Joined
- May 10, 2007
- Messages
- 9,265
Japan does not generally recognize dual citizenship for adults. Individuals with dual nationality acquired by birth must choose one by age 20 or 22. For some reason (I believe because I popped out of Mom a couple of week early and instead of being born in a US military hospital I was came into the world in a Japanese one). The reason for that is unknown. I think If I had applied for it they would have denied me. But for the record in 1996 they still had me done. While working in Dubai a number of Japanese companies there contacted me wanting to hire me as they thought I was racially Japanese and adopted by the US parents - they were bit surprised when I showed up with poor Japanese language skills and looking quite the gaijin!Impossible. The US is the only country that has birth-right citizenship. I know that's true because Trump said it was so.


