• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

If I don't post the link people complain.
If I just post the link people complain.
Do what you do. Ignore the people who complain. Even those who complain that you post so much that I routinely have to skip pages worth of posts to keep up.

Uh...

They. So much that they have to skip pages...
 
When I was a kid, my father (a WW2 veteran) got me fascinated with his wartime postage stamp collection. Documentary evidence of the rise and collapse of Fascism in these scraps of paper. He showed me the stamps from Germany in the 1920s. The printing presses couldn’t keep up with inflation so they would just overstrike the 5 mark stamp with “850 Tausend.” All at once, Der Fuhrer’s Face was pictured on every German postage stamp, and then swastika overstamps appeared in the Reich-occupied territories. And then the war turned and we saw Der Fuhrer’s Face crudely overstamped with hex marks in the liberated territories. And then it just stopped. And peacetime commemoratives for art and science dominated once again.


“Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that Colossal Wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
 
*sigh*

Maybe I should have seen this coming, but I honestly didn't.

Trump DOJ Refuses to Rule Out Second Amendment Right to Nuclear Weapons

Yeah. That's a pretty extreme perversion of the 2nd Amendment. To offer a very, very short summation of the Trump DOJ's argument from that article -

DOJ’s position that any weapon, no matter the mass destruction it could cause, might be fair game for civilians if it happens to become popular defies common sense. But this is a direct result of a radical shift in the Supreme Court’s Second Amendment jurisprudence within the past two decades.

What is there to say? Clearly, everyone walking around with nuclear weapons (or, just grenade launchers and bazookas more immediately) for "self-defense" is just the way to go. What could possibly be wrong with that? 🤦‍♂️
 
I remember the Michael Nesmith's (of The Monkees) video series Television Parts and Elephant Parts. Just a bunch of random sketches done way before any people were doing that sort of thing. Anyway, one of the sketches was about mini-nukes for the suburban family. Don't like your neighbor? Just toss one over the fence. (now, I'm working from almost 50 year past memory here -- I'm sure it's online somewhere by now).
 
Not a cult

Brooke Rollins: "No one has stood more proudly, strongly, courageously for this man, this transformational president, than you all, our farmers and ranchers. I want everyone to get to their feet and just thank him for what he has done. He's the best. The best. So grateful."

She's not wrong about him being "transformational"
 
"An armed society is a polite society" - so, logically, a society armed with nukes is the most polite, and who would not be in favor of that?
Exactly. If you can't trust the people who pull guns during a traffic altercation, or when teenagers stray on your property, or when a pizza delivery has the address wrong with nuclear weapons, then who CAN you trust?
 
Every farmer now has the Right to Repair their own equipment thanks to President Trump. It’s crazy that our talented farmers were being prevented from doing this previously. This announcement is about common sense. Farmers will be able to spend more time in the field and less money in the repair shop because of this important new EPA guidance.

I call ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ on that. One of the biggest groups pushing back against right to repair laws have been the republitraitors, with TACO front and centre.
 
*sigh*

Maybe I should have seen this coming, but I honestly didn't.

Trump DOJ Refuses to Rule Out Second Amendment Right to Nuclear Weapons

Yeah. That's a pretty extreme perversion of the 2nd Amendment. To offer a very, very short summation of the Trump DOJ's argument from that article -



What is there to say? Clearly, everyone walking around with nuclear weapons (or, just grenade launchers and bazookas more immediately) for "self-defense" is just the way to go. What could possibly be wrong with that? 🤦‍♂️
You can have a Bazooka or Grenade. They are classified as 'Destructive Devices'.
Pay the tax, clear the background check and be wealthy enough to afford one.
 
Veteran here: two interesting photos the first is the 2024 Joint chiefs https://d2cto119c3bgok.cloudfront.net/thumbs/photos/2411/8759609/1000w_q95.jpg , then the next image is the 2026 version: https://media.defense.gov/2026/Jan/07/2003851915/1088/820/0/260105-D-LS763-1001K.JPG, notice anything?
The thing that struck me is they all look miserable in2026.

Out of curiosity who are they all? I assume there is the senior army general, USMC general, coast guard, airforce, space force, navy, and the chief of staff, but that only makes 7 and there are eight in the picture.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom