Belz...
Fiend God
Never mind.
Last edited:
Isn't there a "Trump with nukes" thread to move this segue to? I know we've had this conversation before.
It is surely rather a meta level worry though, isn't it..... the apparently pointless lies worry you because you think it implies something psychological about him which may mean he does some unknown thing in the future.Conversely, that sort of lie worries me more than the others.
I think it's hard to say that his trivial lying isn't rational when taken as a whole. He managed to beat the Republican and Democrat establishment to the Presidency. He has made things slid off him that would have sunk almost any other politician. He clearly has a unique way of communicating and a gift for managing his image. Assuming he sees this way of communicating and presenting himself (as some kind of pantomime villain) as successful, then how is it not rational?I can understand rational lying. It's the irrational lying that worries me because it indicates something isn't right with him. It also means that his relationship with truth is such that I am starting to doubt that he knows when he lies.
Yet another head waiting to roll away. Good thing Trump has that "You're fired" act down cold.White House admits Comey was fired to bring Russia investigation to an end.
It is surely rather a meta level worry though, isn't it..... the apparently pointless lies worry you because you think it implies something psychological about him which may mean he does some unknown thing in the future.
I think it's hard to say that his trivial lying isn't rational when taken as a whole. He managed to beat the Republican and Democrat establishment to the Presidency. He has made things slid off him that would have sunk almost any other politician. He clearly has a unique way of communicating and a gift for managing his image. Assuming he sees this way of communicating and presenting himself (as some kind of pantomime villain) as successful, then how is it not rational?
Hostile much? I didn't say he was a "piece of ****". All, or nearly all, politicians lie. I haven't really thought about whether Trump lies more of less.
He's a politician who projects an image that he's found to work. I'm shocked too.Oh, I get it. The ends justifies the means. Now where have I heard that before?
Maybe. That is the second part of my argument. Step 1 is trying to agree to the premise that IF ratified parts of the geneva convention violate the constitution THEN it is not a part of US law.
It occurred to me that Dr Evil could almost be talking about Trump when he talks about his father:
"he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark"
I hadn't thought about it particularly. Most of the communication I've seen has just seemed like nonsense intended to get a reaction and then pointing to the reaction. It struck me as deliberately vague and ambiguous rather than untrue.You must be joking. He does nothing but lie.
Trump is the GOAT of lying. He's been a compulsive liar for as long as I can remember him being famous. His small collection of mentors were all pathological liars. Lying is his business model and his political philosophy. Which is kinda strange when you consider the fact that his numb-skulled cheering squad couldn't stop gushing about his "straight talk" approach.I hadn't thought about it particularly. Most of the communication I've seen has just seemed like nonsense intended to get a reaction and then pointing to the reaction. It struck me as deliberately vague and ambiguous rather than untrue.
Organised crime, Russians, the New York luxury property business - wouldn't it be bizarre if there was an overlap?I do wonder disaffected law enforcement parties might also start looking at his relationships with organised crime. I suspect they'd be easier to prove.
He's a politician who projects an image that he's found to work. I'm shocked too.
Be more bizarre if there wasn't.Organised crime, Russians, the New York luxury property business - wouldn't it be bizarre if there was an overlap?![]()
I hadn't thought about it particularly. Most of the communication I've seen has just seemed like nonsense intended to get a reaction and then pointing to the reaction. It struck me as deliberately vague and ambiguous rather than untrue.
Trump is the GOAT of lying. He's been a compulsive liar for as long as I can remember him being famous. His small collection of mentors were all pathological liars. Lying is his business model and his political philosophy. Which is kinda strange when you consider the fact that his numb-skulled cheering squad couldn't stop gushing about his "straight talk" approach.
The image and mode of communication he uses has been hugely successful for him. I don't know to what extent it is true or useful to call it compulsive.He's been a compulsive liar for as long as I can remember him being famous.
I don't know enough to comment on this.His small collection of mentors were all pathological liars.
This sounds like a choice rather than a pathology.Lying is his business model and his political philosophy.
Well, I think there is some truth in that too. Most politicians who have any kind of hope for mainstream success would struggle to say something like "I'm going to build a wall to keep out the Mexicans", even if it was what they meant. Somehow Trump can say things like that.Which is kinda strange when you consider the fact that his numb-skulled cheering squad couldn't stop gushing about his "straight talk" approach.
Now you're being disingenuous. What I find stunning is not that Trump is a compulsive liar but that so many people dismiss his lying as trivial and irrelevant. I think it says more about them and not Trump. Rationalizing bad behavior is not the key to anything good.
Do you have children? Do you think it is trivial when they lie to you? My guess is that if you were brought up in the kind of household I was your parents wouldn't stand for that behavior.