• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The case against Dr. Paul

Oh, I think you could make a pretty valid argument that the US was the "good guy" in World Wars I and II, and when we came to the aid of Kuwait in 1991 after it was invaded by Iraq.

but dash feels we provoked Japan into attacking us.....
 
I did not.

I made a joke about the tea tax and it was not refuted as the cause.

If currency was a major cause of the American Revolution,why is it hardly mentioned In ANY of the major histories of the American Revolution?

(dudalb prepares for a list of crackpot websites to come flying at him)

And the having re read it for a second time, that long post that dash posts is of the most insane rants I have seen for some time.
I love how a world dominated by China and Russia is going to be a paradise of Free Trade and Freedom......
 
Documentation?

Of the Franklin quote? From his autobiography?

It never existed.

And I wonder if you ever attended a history class, or actually paid attention. There was no single reason for war with the British.

However, it should be pointed out that, of the 5 Intolerable Acts, FOUR of them were a direct response to the Boston Tea Party.

Ideas for a Science of Good Government

This would be a beginning to your education in reality. I might recommend using a dictionary, there are some big words in there.
 
Oh, I think you could make a pretty valid argument that the US was the "good guy" in World Wars I and II, and when we came to the aid of Kuwait in 1991 after it was invaded by Iraq.
WWI and WWII were the biggest of all the "entangling alliances" Ron Paul rails against! And we were certainly meddling in the affairs of many a South and Central American country in that era. As we had been ever since the Monroe Doctrine of 1823.

And, of course, the Iraq/Kuwait thing is where we're at now. Ron Paul certainly didn't support the first Iraq war, so dash must be thinking of some other time.
 
The tea tax itself was not the cause of the American Revolution,but it was the spark that set off the powder keg.
Jerome, do you get ANY opinions from non crackpot sources.

I do not rely on others to give me my opinions. Why do you allow others to do your thinking for you?
 
I do not rely on others to give me my opinions. Why do you allow others to do your thinking for you?

Jesus Freaking Christ, I asked you to cite your sources for your "opinion" that Currency was the main cause of the American Revolution.
Arguing with you is like arguing with a 12 year old.
On the other hand,maybe I am......
 
Please evidence that the tea tax was the cause of the revolution.

I thought some pissed off colonists were the cause of the revolution?

I do not rely on others to give me my opinions. Why do you allow others to do your thinking for you?

I believe you. You seem to construct your knowledge of the world whole cloth out of your own imagination.

To dash and other self-hating Americans:

I'll take a world in which America has the preponderance of power any day given the alternatives of China or Russia. (And don't give me that libertarian fantasy utopia spiel about all the nations of the world getting along in a lovely little "live-and-let-live" free-trade paradise. Realpolitik will always rule the day).

America ain't that bad, all things considered.
 
D;rok,you think dash's opinions on politics and economics are bizarre,check out his opinions on science in the science section at JREF.
 
D;rok,you think dash's opinions on politics and economics are bizarre,check out his opinions on science in the science section at JREF.

Was that the one where he was raving about channeling Ramtha across the 8th dimension or something? My eyes glazed over trying to read that thread.
 
To dash and other self-hating Americans:

I'll take a world in which America has the preponderance of power any day given the alternatives of China or Russia. (And don't give me that libertarian fantasy utopia spiel about all the nations of the world getting along in a lovely little "live-and-let-live" free-trade paradise. Realpolitik will always rule the day).

America ain't that bad, all things considered.

You have missed the point. Mistakes have been and are currently being made which will end American dominance. This is a bad thing.
 
Nuclear bombs make aircraft carriers obsolete.
Strictly speaking, that's correct. But the use of nuclear weapons in a conflict where both sides possess such weapons will make the two nations involved obsolete. Hence the degree to which governments with nuclear weapons strive to avoid conflicts where those weapons just might be used.

There's been plenty of discussion and theories over the years involving various scenarios of limited nuclear war. But that's all it is: theory and talk. Once the genie is out of the bottle, the fact is no one can say for certain what would happen. Maybe the nuclear strikes could be limited. But maybe not.

Best to avoid their use altogether. Hence the continuation of conventional militaries.
 
Last edited:
You have missed the point. Mistakes have been and are currently being made which will end American dominance. This is a bad thing.

If that was dash's point, I surely missed it. But I don't think so. He is practically salivating - in his exaggerated and amusingly polemical way - over the prospect of a diminished America. America's dominance is a bad thing in dash's rant.
 
Strictly speaking, that's correct. But the use of nuclear weapons in a conflict where both sides possess such weapons will make the two nations involved obsolete. Hence the degree to which governments with nuclear weapons strive to avoid conflicts where those weapons just might be used.

There's been plenty of discussion and theories over the years involving various scenarios of limited nuclear war. But that's all it is: theory and talk. Once the genie is out of the bottle, the fact is no one can say for certain what would happen. Maybe the nuclear strikes could be limited. But maybe not.

Best to avoid their use altogether. Hence the continuation of conventional militaries.


Strictly speaking it makes all military hardware obsolete. If you ignore the idea that some situations call for a less than maximum response. By this logic a police officer is foolish and wasteful for carrying a nightstick and pepper spray because he has a gun and because other people have guns they might use. It takes a special kind of ivory tower ignorance of practical reality to think this way.

Hitting a moving target with an ICBM would be a pretty good trick... although there is nothing stopping putting a small nuclear warhead on a torpedo if you want to totally wipe something out I guess...
 
Was that the one where he was raving about channeling Ramtha across the 8th dimension or something? My eyes glazed over trying to read that thread.



Actually it was Ra,the Egyptian Sun God,but that is the thread.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom