newton3376
The Truth Movement.....still not at 1%
- Joined
- May 16, 2009
- Messages
- 1,320
Once again.....
Here is my question...
Here is my question...
I guess what I am asking is this....
In the missing jolt paper the authors use "symmetric differencing" to approximate the velocity using the raw data...
W.D. Clinger is using a slightly different method from the raw data to calculate the velocity...
So my question is this.....since the two different methods appear to me to yield different results...which one is "more" correct?
Or are neither technically "correct" due to measurement error inherent in the raw data?
Now don't get me wrong....I don't think the real life "jolts" that caused the structure to fall at less than free fall acceleration would be measurable using Tony's method ANYWAY...so my question is more of a math one.
From what I remember using this equation:
(f(a+h)-f(a-h))/2h
Is generally more accurate of an approximation that this equation:
(f(a+h) -f(a))/h
