Shrinker
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Oct 25, 2004
- Messages
- 1,596
They didn't have to build a soundstage on the moon, Wind.
I hear transport to and from the set was quite involved though.
Last edited:
They didn't have to build a soundstage on the moon, Wind.
Seems to me the slo-mo theory is no-mo.
When CT's talk about slowing the video down to simulate 1/6g, they uniformly fail to consider how the nonballistic motions would look unnatural...or just handwave them away.
For instance, record yourself bunny hopping over to a board, to hammer a nail. Now view it in slow motion. You may argue that your hopping looks somewhat Moon-like but could you also successfully argue that hitting the nail in slow motion would drive it into the board? If you did, I'd ask you to demonstrate it live.
So, to make that video look more convincing you'd have to speed up the nonballistic motion to compensate for the reduction in the video playback rate. But how does one speed up a hammer swing already delivered at full tempo? How does one maintain that tempo with hundreds of other movements performed over a long period?
Seems to me the slo-mo theory is no-mo.
Well, I was being facetious. I didn't seem to be getting any response from Southwind17; it's been a couple of days and dozens of posts from him since the last time he replied to any of my ALSEP remarks in posts 85, 192, 285, and 291.. Since he has engaged repeatedly with Corsair 115 and Von Neumann regarding ALSEP, I thought he would like to discuss it in more detail and back up his apparent opinion that ALSEP was (or may have been) faked.
I dunno; maybe he's busy reading some of the references I gave him, or looking at ALSEP data online, or hasn't noticed my posts, or maybe I've offended him?
Me insane?! Think about what you just wrote:
Putting aside 'set design/construction' for a moment (i.e. a baron landscape resembling the lunar surface illuminated 'at night' with a single, intensive raw light source!), how many hundreds of gaffers, grips, post-production assistants, camera men, sound designers, sound recordists, lighting technicians, editors, roboteers, special effects designers etc. recorded, edited and produced the actual footage that you claim was broadcast from the lunar surface?
I don't think any credits rolled when the broadcast of the first Apollo lunar landings ended, but if they had, the totality of the 'team' that you list out above would have been, I guess(!), somewhere in the order of, er, two?!
On YouTube. Where else.I want to know what happened to all the bloopers. You know, when the camera accidentally gets a light stand in shot or a bit of the backdrop slips and everyone starts laughing...
Certainly there is more complication. But the physics is the same. If you can send,land and return a probe you can do the same with a man. The only difference are the life support systems. So your statement is a contradiction. Or at least a double standard.Landing a probe 'safely' on the Moon compared to putting men on the Moon, walking around on the lunar surface and returning 'safely' to Earth are completely different ball games! Surely you can see that there really is no 'big contradictory pill' offered for the swallowing.
On YouTube. Where else.
Can't post linkie. It is titled Proof of moon hoax!
It's the ultimate proof...
... that HBs have no sense of humour.![]()
I'm referring to the extreme difference in temperature of an object exposed to and heated by direct sunlight and an object, or the same object, shaded from direct sunlight.
Yea, so what? Don't you think that the engineers had that figured out?
The space suits had several layers of insulation and was air tight.
And the astronauts had a undergarment that had tubes of temperature regulated fluid that kept the astronauts within a safe temerature range.
By the way, does anyone see my posts? At all? I'm wondering if I "cloaked" without realizing it...
What's 'vague' about what I've just written? Would you like for me to clarify any of it?
wow, CTs really are all the sameSo only two people (off the top of my head) helped the astronauts simulate 1/6th gravity, handled the com chatter, set up the LEM, operated the light source, filmed Armstrong coming down the ladder, and reset the "stage" whenever they had to do a new take?
However you are close. To film the actual landing it took three. Armstrong, Aldrin, and the guy who operated the remote cam for the first step.
This one?
wow, CTs really are all the same
Southwind is aptly named, because the amount of hot air eminating from his posts is staggering.
Such maddening obfuscation, inability to grasp basic statements, avoidance of a simple trip to the library or bookstore to read relevant material, wilfully ignoring mountains of evidence, concentration on the minutiae of irrelevant points, etcetera and so on.
My tolerance limit for such jackass conduct has been reached. I'll leave it to others to continue the fight against such stupidity, I'm done with this thread.