What 'secret evidence', I'm merely relaying a story as best as I could recall it.
This was an excellent example of exactly what 'footers do, thanks: a whole raft of manipulative tactics.
Minimization: I am "merely"... relating a story? No you aren't. Secret witnesses are not part of a story and all the pump-priming you did with the five qualifiers is not part of the story. Six actually. The story itself has almost nothing to it.
It's just a turn of a phrase, don't hurt yourself thinking about it too deeply.
Minimizing again. ("Just"). Plus the personal insult.
Don't pay any attention to me exaggerating with allegory here. Anyone doing that is an abnormal person inflicting wounds on himself. lol.
Perfect for the defensiveness people demonstrate when they are caught telling tales. Attack with emotional manipulation.
I think it took place in Indianna
Busted:
There is no deer season open in August in Indiana. You are telling a tale.
Blaze orange requirements for Indiana:
Hunter Orange garments: vest, coat, jacket, coveralls, hat or cap. (Exception: bow hunters for deer until firearms season starts.)
Since it was August in your tale, he was hunting illegally to begin with, but if he actually was, then blaze orange on a ghille suit would have stood out to the extent it would have been the most noticeable thing about him.
So leaving it out is either deceptive manipulation or an outright lie. Were the blaze orange missing it would form an integral part of the story: "I was fooled because the hunter was (illegally) not wearing blaze orange.
Again, eyewitness testimony is unreliable and I don't put any more faith in his story than some random stranger telling me about how he met the ghost of Elvis Presley in Chinatown despite knowing him for a number of years.
Incredible. You just dismissed the very "evidence" you claim supports your assertions.
Having done double takes in any number of situations, I can safely say that you are wrong.
I'm not a hunter, I know nothing about hunting.
You sure don't. Which is why the second statement negates the first. You are not a hunter and have no idea whatsoever about stalking game, yet tell a lifelong hunter he is wrong about it.
You gave no example of a double-take that is parallel to the tale you told, so the fact is you don't have one.
Didn't I preface this by disclaiming that these were the details as best that I could recall them? Didn't I also say that I didn't know how much of the story actually happened, if it happened at all?
Another tip to lying here:
Liars hedge their statements. We hear them in court testimony, political hearings and TV confessional interviews all the time: qualifying statements that leave an out for the person on the hot seat. “As far as I recall…” “If you really think about it…” “What I remember is…” Hedged statements aren’t an absolute indicator of deception, but an overuse of such qualifying phrases certainly should raise suspicion that a person isn’t being totally up front with what he or she knows.
You did this twice above and elsewhere. You got this in spades.
Mind adjusting your tone a little?
Take a look in the mirror with the insults above. A defense mechanism for being caught in tale-telling is to attack people's "tone".
It's a perfect blame-the-victim attack: The victim can accept the tale despite all the enormous red flags, or he can point them out and be attacked for his "tone".
He is blamed for
truthfully pointing out the behavior of the antagonist. How dare you call a rapist... a
rapist. Tone it down and call him a gentleman.
Thanks for the evidence. It is the opposite of what you claimed, but it is important to us in understanding this phenomenon.