• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
Yes, I do accept the idea that my GnP story is very hard to believe and I too have trouble reconciling the timeline, but nevertheless, it did happen as I've stated.
A bigfoot didn't toss a GnP at you or anyone. It was either caught in the fold of your buddy's clothing or produced to goof on you.
 
Perhaps you are not lying NL, but I do believe that you are duping yourself into a mediocre conviction. Your actions do not ring true, imo, of someone who is utterly convinced that there are 9ft hulking, dangerous primates lurking in your woods. You do not alert authorities, you do not panic, you do not seek fame and fortune by dedicating yourself to the collection of conclusive evidence. The latter task should not be so difficult since you and your group seem to be able to conjure up encounters with some regularity. Also casually sitting around a campfire and concluding that a 9ft monster stalked you in order to toss a piece of candy your way does not sound like the behavior one would expect someone in that situation to exhibit. Panic would seem more likely, not " oh, look, bigfoot just tossed me a treat"

IOW, I don't think you are being honest with yourself. I do not believe that you truly believe for one moment.

dmaker-
To sit back and say, I've should have done "X" or "Y" in this situation is a good example of MMQBing. The fact that I've done things differently than you perceive how I should do things doesn't make my actions wrong or that I'm lying about them. Also, you're using adjectives that I've never used to make the situation sound much more extreme, for instance "hulking, dangerous primates lurking in the woods". Those are your words, not mine.
I've never experienced anything threatening where I've felt the need to immediately pack up and leave the area.

I've indicated on multiple occasions that we have notified the local DNR officer of our expeditions and they do not care.

Your notion that I should be selling all my stocks, cashing in my 401(k), quitting my job and "dedicating yourself to the collection of conclusive evidence" for "fame and fortune" is your perception, not mine. This is a hobby, where my family and job come first and this is way down the list of things to do.

With that said, I will continue to try and gather evidence and will continue to stick around here and talk about it, being truthful with you at all times.

Take care. NL
 
A bigfoot didn't toss a GnP at you or anyone. It was either caught in the fold of your buddy's clothing or produced to goof on you.

We did consider the drop from the fold concept, even doing drop tests to see if we could replicate the sound of it hitting the camp chair and that didn't produce the sound three of us heard when it hit. Dan was not moving when it hit, he was sitting motionless to my right.

Also, before Dan reached down to pick it up, he stated that he saw something pass between him and the fire on the way down.

That's the way it happened.
 
We did consider the drop from the fold concept, even doing drop tests to see if we could replicate the sound of it hitting the camp chair and that didn't produce the sound three of us heard when it hit. Dan was not moving when it hit, he was sitting motionless to my right.
You heard something else drop. Stuff falls from trees all the time. Windblown stuff like twigs, nuts, drupes; gravity happens. It's the woods. Have you been there often?

Also, before Dan reached down to pick it up, he stated that he saw something pass between him and the fire on the way down.
Ever hear of priming the pump? Misdirection? Sleight of hand?
That's the way it happened.

It's not a slam on you to say no it didn't. Perception and memory being what they are. Bigfoot didn't toss a candy nor anything else at you folks. If there were a bigfoot anywhere near your "research area" you'd have evidence up the wazoo; animals leave sign, especially 9-ft 600-lbers. You wouldn't have to construct a scenario around a GnP. Unless you wanted to be intentionally humorous.
 
Last edited:
In the purest sense, the honesty/dishonesty/credibility of the claimant is besides the claim itself. That is about the arguer and not the argument. Bigfooters cannot show that their claim is accurate (I saw a Bigfoot or Bigfoot exists) so they often impulsively switch to another claim (I am honest or they are honest) in the hopes that that will act as evidence for the primary claim, but this added claim cannot be shown to be accurate either.

Nobody has ever properly confirmed that Bigfoot exists or that anyone has ever seen a Bigfoot. This is in spite of the apparently strong desire to do so. Bigfootery does change over time but there is no coherent progress towards the goal of confirming Bigfoot to exist. This is in spite of all kinds of technological progress going on in the world which would allow that to happen more easily for just about anyone.
 
Nobody has ever properly confirmed that Bigfoot exists or that anyone has ever seen a Bigfoot. This is in spite of the apparently strong desire to do so. Bigfootery does change over time but there is no coherent progress towards the goal of confirming Bigfoot to exist. This is in spite of all kinds of technological progress going on in the world which would allow that to happen more easily for just about anyone.
When the best case scenario, multiple encounters (think NAWAC) in a restricted or concentrated environment, yields absolutely nothing beyond stories despite years of effort, one can only logically conclude that there is nothing beyond stories.
 
Last edited:
When bigfoot chucked the candy why didn't any of you save it for possible DNA testing?

It was 2009 and I was literally out for the second time, so I wasn't concerned with collecting anything. I was out for the experience. If something like that happened now, I would act differently.



I love the way you've heightened the perceived level excitement by using words like "monster" and "wild", but unfortunately in my experience, nothing threatening has ever occurred to me.



Yes, I do accept the idea that my GnP story is very hard to believe and I too have trouble reconciling the timeline, but nevertheless, it did happen as I've stated. Whether you believe my story isn't something I concern myself with and realistically, I have no control over. All I can do is tell you what occurred and let you decide. If you choose to not believe me, I have no issue with that position.

Your answer seems evasive. Were all of you noobs?
 
Bigfooters cannot show that their claim is accurate (I saw a Bigfoot or Bigfoot exists) so they often impulsively switch to another claim (I am honest or they are honest) in the hopes that that will act as evidence for the primary claim,

Another tip-off to lying.

The standard bigfoot dodge of loud clanging gongs and shooting confetti from cannons here:

We did consider the drop from the fold concept, even doing drop tests to see if we could replicate the sound of it hitting the camp chair and that didn't produce the sound three of us heard when it hit. Dan was not moving when it hit, he was sitting motionless to my right.

This thousand pound monster has just been marketed as the Easter Bunny now, inspiring no fear whatsoever. Those nasty old skeptics are the ones saying bigfoot is dangerous.

No sense in anyone shining a headlamp over there and stepping into the woods. Remember those Area X boobs claiming to hear all of this noise outside and never looking out to see?

That's what we have here. Lookit how hard we are trying. We built a sand castle, played the Beatles albums backwards, and had a séance.

The mighty expedition of fearless scientists on their 7th attempt at the creature of the night. Without flashlights or headlamps or the sense to use them. A five dollar item.
 
Last edited:
^^ Precisely. To shine a flashlight into the bushes would be putting their conviction to the test. Must not do that. Much better to say " oh, it was my first trip.." , or " my flashlight was in the tent..", or whatever excuse best fits to explain away why pulling the curtain is just always slightly out of reach.
 
The fact that I've done things differently than you perceive how I should do things doesn't make my actions wrong or that I'm lying about them.
Give me a break. You went to look for bigfoot for the second time. Lo and behold, there was a bigfoot close enough to throw candy, and none of you even bothered to go look for the thing? Shine a flashlight? I don't believe you.

Also, you're using adjectives that I've never used to make the situation sound much more extreme, for instance "hulking, dangerous primates lurking in the woods". Those are your words, not mine.
Umm, the thing is called "bigfoot," and it's supposed to be a huge primate. A huge, wild primate is dangerous. You claim that it was (sight unseen) hanging out by your campsite when it threw a candy at your friend. That is the textbook definition of "lurking in the woods." Are you inventing a new thing here, or are you still discussing bigfoot? Are you going to start debating semantics? My honesty alarm is going off too now.
 
Last edited:
dmaker-
To sit back and say, I've should have done "X" or "Y" in this situation is a good example of MMQBing.

lol. I had to look that up: Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Posing yourself as a professional and people with actual backgrounds in science and the outdoors as the amateurs eh?

This is exactly the same word abomination as with calling your car camping trips an "expedition".

It's what BLAARGing is all about: creating an alternate reality. The people too afraid to look out from under the covers at night are the great pirate captains and the person who didn't get beyond 8th grade is a world renowned scientist.
 
Last edited:
We did consider the drop from the fold concept, even doing drop tests to see if we could replicate the sound of it hitting the camp chair and that didn't produce the sound three of us heard when it hit. Dan was not moving when it hit, he was sitting motionless to my right.

Also, before Dan reached down to pick it up, he stated that he saw something pass between him and the fire on the way down.

That's the way it happened.

I am willing to believe that there was a GNP found by Dan’s chair. There are 3 easy explanations:

1: Dan lied/hoaxed.
2: The other camper(forgot his name) who was a few steps away threw the GNP at Dan and he is the liar/hoaxer.
3: The “something” that Dan stated he saw fly between him and the fire was not the GNP, but a bug or falling ash from the fire and the GNP was already on the ground and not connected to the “something” Dan saw. IOW nobody lied, you all just wrongly assumed it was the GNP and that the only explanation was BF.

So the real question is if you truly believe that BF is attracted by the sound of a native flute, likes to exchange gifts and picked up and carried a GNP around for hours until he had a chance to throw it back at Dan.

If you do believe those things, I have some advice for you….There really isn’t 40 million dollars waiting for you if you send money to help the Prince of Nimbutu sneak out of the country.
 
I'm laughing that they tried and couldn't re-create the sound of a candy hitting a chair. Well, duh, that's because you probably heard an acorn fall or something. Seriously, 10-year-old girls around a fire being spooked, I could believe. A grown-ass man believing that a monster threw candy at him? Bull.

Last time I played golf, I jumped about 4 different times, hearing acorns fall and thinking it was a golf ball landing near me. Apparently, in the fall, things ... fall out of trees.
 
A fire produces a certain amount of background noise in addition to whatever night-time noise there is. Crickets, katydids, cicadas, frogs, owls, the rustling of branches and leaves with even the slightest wind, etc.

If it happened at all, my money is on someone flicking their finger on the chair to make a loud enough "thump" to hear over whatever background noise is going on.

Back to this extremely odd statement:

I've indicated on multiple occasions that we have notified the local DNR officer of our expeditions and they do not care.

What on earth is the purpose of calling the local DNR officer? To ask if he cares?! This is actually what was asked of him? lol.

Fascinating: not asking him his opinion about bigfoot populations or the best place to look for them, but whether looking for imaginary animals is illegal?

These are the local DNR regions in Minnesota:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/enforcement/co_report/index.html

We can pin down the region by going back and looking up in the pertinent bigfoot expedition reports what the closest town was. I forgot. But then we can call the DNR region and ask them about it.

They aren't going to lie. Generally 'footers pretend DNR offices do not even exist, because they are kryptonite for paranormal claims. So why they would actually call one and what they would ask is a curiosity.
 
...I love the way you've heightened the perceived level excitement by using words like "monster" and "wild"...


See? It's not that hard. With a touch here and there, your stuff can rise from boring, to mildly interesting.


...but unfortunately in my experience, nothing threatening has ever occurred to me...


Not yet. Candy Dan was selected for a Bigfoot Good and Plenty assault. They're toying with you, dude. What starts as candy chucking can only end in ripped out spines and skull trophies.
 
lol. Might as well post a big signboard: tall tale coming. FIVE qualifiers before the story starts: A hallmark of non truth-telling. The fact you resort to secret "evidence" is a huge giveaway too.

What 'secret evidence', I'm merely relaying a story as best as I could recall it.

Alaska said:
First of all: "literally larger than life" is ridiculous exaggeration that is false on English language grounds alone.

It's just a turn of a phrase, don't hurt yourself thinking about it too deeply.

Alaska said:
What state is this? Was the hunter carrying a bow or a rifle? Standing over a deer kill is a moment in time.

I think it took place in Indianna, beyond that I don't know. He was a bit vague on a number of specifics. Again, eyewitness testimony is unreliable and I don't put any more faith in his story than some random stranger telling me about how he met the ghost of Elvis Presley in Chinatown despite knowing him for a number of years.

Alaska said:
If it is a clearing, and he is headed into it, then there is no "double take". He is looking at something he is approaching and the human reaction to seeing something right in front of you is NOT TO LOOK AWAY.

Having done double takes in any number of situations, I can safely say that you are wrong.

Alaska said:
I've been a hunter all my life. His senses will all be focused like a laser on the path ahead, tracking this deer.

I'm not a hunter, I know nothing about hunting.

Alaska said:
Way too much wrong with this story. You aren't fooling us. Or he isn't, anyway. You may be really gullible, but we aren't.

Didn't I preface this by disclaiming that these were the details as best that I could recall them? Didn't I also say that I didn't know how much of the story actually happened, if it happened at all?

Alaska said:

Mind adjusting your tone a little?
 
Also, before Dan reached down to pick it up, he stated that he saw something pass between him and the fire on the way down.

That's the way it happened.

That would mean it was falling close to straight down.

That's about the only way it can pass in front of his face in line with the fire, and still hit the chair.

It just about eliminates it being thrown from any distance, imo.

The thrower would need to be very close, and "mortar round" it in...high angle.
 
Upon arriving at 11:30, we started a fire to the south of the trail. We sat in a semi-circle to the north of the fire as there was a drop off towards the bog to the south. We had a thermal imaging scope for the night and it was being passed around between all four of us. At approximately midnight, we started hearing footfalls to the south of the fire that were very close (15 to 30 feet away). We could not see anything even with the light from the fire. I took the thermal scope and looked around the area directly behind the fire and saw a round image with two black spots and stayed on it for several seconds just as the batteries died. I spent the next several minutes replacing the batteries and immediately went back to that spot to see if it was still there and it was. The object was round but was bracketed on both the top and bottom by woods. No other features were seen except for the two black spots exactly where eyes would be located.

The noise continued to the south of the fire but we decided to let it burn down and get ready for bed. As the fire was down to just coals, something landed on DD’s camp chair, right between his legs. EE was to the east looking through the thermal and I was on DD’s left with ME to his right. He asked if we heard that and we both said yes. ME asked what it was and when he reached to pick it up, found a white Good ‘n Plenty which he had been eating early in the evening. He spilled several over by my table before we left for the group meeting. All three of us were shocked to see it and after the initial reaction, laughed really hard. We did some drop tests to see if it fell off of his jacket, but he said that he saw it fall in front of his face on the way down, so it was thrown. We all started to get freaked out, so I stoked up the fire after that and we stayed around it, listening to the footfalls to our south before going to bed at 1:00 a.m. I fell asleep immediately and slept through the night without waking.

There was no fire, it was down to coals. So Dan likely couldn't have seen anything pass between him and the fire.

Also, before Dan reached down to pick it up, he stated that he saw something pass between him and the fire on the way down.


What did you see on thermal when the sasquatch threw the candy? You had replaced the batteries, you knew a sasquatch threw the candy, and you knew the rough direction it came from. There is no mention of trying to see the thrower on thermal.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom