Irrelevant: in those places children, especially female, are considered property, women can't divorce or get healthcare outside of what their male family allows, etc.
As I said earlier, a recurring problem in this thread is that people feel quite entitled to state non-evidence-based but firmly held beliefs as fact. Last time I checked it was not true that children, especially female, are considered property, women can't divorce or get healthcare outside of what their male family allows and so on in Austria, Germany, Canada, Iceland or Italy.
His point has always been and continues to be that it's "unfair" to call an adult having sex with a minor "rape" unless the victim sustains injuries (which in his mind is the only way to objectively "prove" the sex was coerced). In other words, the entire debate is over a semantic point; kind of like the whole "Bright" issue.
I've never said that. What sick sense of self-entitlement makes you and Varwoche think that these kind of defamatory lies are acceptable?
Ah! Allowing you to conveniently ignore the point he made earlier.
I can't stop him lying. The mods obviously do not consider his lies a breach of the membership agreement, or they couldn't be bothered sorting through what I actually said to determine whether he is lying. The only other recourse is to ignore him.
Are you willing to give a citation for that?
I'm summarising the results of a very lengthy thread for your benefit. If you want a citation go back to the thread and do your own homework.
Historically, females were property and could be married off whenever the father felt the need. Likewise with today, the girls who are married off young are in countries where women have little to no rights.
Can you think of reasons why that is no longer the case? Can you think of reasons why a relationship between equals is considered the ideal?
Firstly, rhetorical questions are a give-away that you do not have an actual argument. If you have an actual argument you can state it in a declarative form. Try to rewrite your arguments properly and I think you'll find you end up with a few paragraphs of nothing but handwaving.
Secondly, you're in the same basket as Flo in having non-evidence-based ideas about the countries that allow early marriage and/or sexual relationships. Probably you watched a documentary or read a column about how terrible it is that women of fourteen are forced into marriages in some Third World hellhole, and then just assumed the rest.
Did you again ignore the questions I asked?
Of course I did. You don't get to make me do your work for you by asking open-ended questions and demanding I answer them. Get your own evidence, answer your own questions, and make your own case.
What are my arguments again?
If you can't keep track of what you said yourself, don't blame me. Scroll back and read your own posts.
Wait, what? You just mused on the girl framing Polanksi and you're, "sticking closely to the evidence and what we can know for certain?"
Maybe it's just me but those two go together like rhino butt scrapings and chocolate.
I have repeatedly asked all present, including yourself, for alternative, reasonable hypotheses that fit the available evidence. Do you have any? I'm open to them if you have them.
However if you don't have them and you're getting upset because I suggested it then I suggest you aren't behaving rationally.
Oh snap, goalposts moved again! Now it's the forensic evidence instead of the damage done by having a vastly unequal relationship!
Those discussions have always been going on in parallel. It's a different set of goalposts to the one you were just complaining about but it's always been there. If you can't keep them straight that's your problem, not mine.
Should I stick to discussing precisely one subject with you at a time so you don't get confused?
So you're getting your nose up in the air about your, "skeptical credentials," when you've repeatedly moved goal posts, made unprovable speculation, and ignored questions?
Gotcha.
The skeptical process doesn't involve answering every stupid question put to you. It doesn't require that you never make a hypothesis or ask if anyone can see a better hypothesis. It doesn't require you to move the goalposts closer for anyone who misses them and can't tell the difference between the goalposts moving and the goalposts not being where they wanted to think they were.
You're damn right I've stuck to the facts and the evidence and received a barrage of slime for it. You're damn right that makes me a better skeptic than the people hurling the slime.