My view is that Varwoche is beneath contempt, and I will not engage with him directly or indirectly.
Ah! Allowing you to conveniently ignore the point he made earlier.
That's exactly the problem that plagued the previous threads. Almost all studies lump all underage sex together as "sexual abuse", and a distressing number make no attempt to control for social status, family situation and so on. Only relatively recently, as far as I have been able to tell, did anyone do an apples-to-apples comparison that studied consensual (usual caveats) underage sex and underage sexual violence separately and did all the appropriate controls.
Are you willing to give a citation for that?
The modern conception of the ideal relationship is one between equals in some sense, but that's not how it is in every part of the world and it's not how it's been throughout history. There are still plenty of places in the world where fourteen year olds can marry older partners of any age. If you were aware of any hard evidence showing that such marriages have worse outcomes in some measurable sense (divorce rate, life expectancy, rate of mental illness, reported happiness, economic status, whatever) then you would presumably have posted it before instead of complaining that the goalposts wouldn't move for you.
Historically, females were property and could be married off whenever the father felt the need. Likewise with today, the girls who are married off young are in countries where women have little to no rights.
Can you think of reasons why that is no longer the case? Can you think of reasons why a relationship between equals is considered the ideal?
Did you again ignore the questions I asked?
I think it's possible or even likely that such marriages are a bad idea, but I've got no hard evidence to back it up. You've got some purely theoretical arguments against such relationships, and purely theoretical arguments are a great place to get testable hypotheses, but they aren't evidence.
What are my arguments again?
That's a somewhat hypocritical insult, given that I'm the one sticking closely to the evidence and what we can know for certain, whereas the people arguing against me on these points seem to be trying desperately to cook up strained reasons to reject that evidence.
Wait, what? You just mused on the girl
framing Polanksi and you're, "sticking closely to the evidence and what we can know for certain?"
Maybe it's just me but those two go together like rhino butt scrapings and chocolate.
Now I suggest you either find some hard evidence of your own to demonstrate that a triple false negative on the forensic evidence is a plausible possibility, or highlight something I've missed that explains how the girl's statement could be an honest mistake. Otherwise I think you should apologise for that JAQing off remark because you're not entitled to criticise anyone else's skeptical credentials.
Oh snap, goalposts moved again! Now it's the forensic evidence instead of the damage done by having a vastly unequal relationship!
So you're getting your nose up in the air about your, "skeptical credentials," when you've repeatedly moved goal posts, made unprovable speculation, and ignored questions?
Gotcha.
Just to recap; everyone in this thread who does not agree with Kevin is 1) lying, or being otherwise dishonest, and or 2) insinuating bad things about Kevin, and or 3) stupid, and or 4) an idiot, and or 5) a woo, and or 6) doesn't know anything about "real evidence" and refuses to provide any "real evidence", and or 7) is posting garbage.