• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Presidential Primaries 2016

I have a sneaking feeling that wingnuttia is going to forget all about this foreign-born nonsense in the case of our Calgary-born friend from Texas.

Me too. But we won't forget it. ;)
 
I think I would like seeing ol' "Uncle Joe" Biden run. I recall with some affection his one and only debate against Paul Ryan. That poor guy was so outclassed I couldn't help but wince with sympathy for him. He was torn to pieces.

That, and I have to say I do like Biden's occasional tendancy to shoot his mouth of. Makes him look a bit more human in a crowd of political robots.
 
Hillary Clinton biopic scheduled for release in 2016:

Which Four Bombshell Actresses Are In Running To Play Hillary Clinton In New Movie?

According to The Independent, four famous actresses are currently the front-runners to play the role of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in a biopic expected for release sometime in 2016.

The film, called Rodham, will focus on Clinton’s days as a Washington lawyer in 1974 — when she was, among other things, advising the House Committee on the Judiciary during the Watergate scandal.

According to the report, the four front-runners to play the young Clinton include Les Misérables star Amanda Seyfried, Zero Dark Thirty‘s lead actress Jessica Chastain, Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon, and longtime sex symbol Scarlett Johansson.
 
M. Bachmann has just announced that she's not reelection seeky. That's what I call a concession of presidential ambitions. So long Ms. Kooky.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/blogs/209304871.html

GOP
P. Ryan
C. Christie
M. Rubio
J. Bush
M. Bachmann
W. "M." Romney
S. Palin (fading fast, get her while she lasts)
M. Huckabee
T. Pawlenty
J. Thune
S. Walker
D. Trump, President of Never Gonna Run for President
R. Paul (le fils)
J. DeMint
N. Haley
S. Martinez
R. Santorum
M. Pence
C. Rice
R. "T." Cruz
P. "B." Jindal
J. Brewer
J. Kasich
B. Carson
R. "B." McDonnell

Dem
H. Clinton
J. Biden
M. Warner
M. O’Malley
A. Klobuchar
C. Booker
A. Villaraigosa
B. Schweitzer
K. Gillibrand
A. Cuomo
R. Emmanuel
M. Cantwell
E. Warren
Ju. Castro
D. Patrick

Indeterminate
M. Bloomberg
 
She's not seeking congressional re-election, not so sure that rules her out of higher aspirations. And by higher, I mean fantasy.
 
She's not seeking congressional re-election, not so sure that rules her out of higher aspirations. And by higher, I mean fantasy.

I'm pretty sure though. I don't know why she's not running, but I think she wouldn't be bowing out now if she had any plans for higher office.

In case, I can be reversed when new information comes along.
 
From the department of never going to run for president, we now have some hintings from Jesse Ventura (birthname: James Janos), former governor of Minnesota. He has even hinted that radio personality Howard Stern could be his running mate, which certainly adds interest, but is about as likely as pork roast at a Saudi state dinner.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/jesse-ventura-2016-presidential-bid-92091.html

In any case, welcome to J. Ventura.

GOP
P. Ryan
C. Christie
M. Rubio
J. Bush
M. Bachmann
W. "M." Romney
S. Palin (fading fast, get her while she lasts)
M. Huckabee
T. Pawlenty
J. Thune
S. Walker
D. Trump, President of Never Gonna Run for President
R. Paul (le fils)
J. DeMint
N. Haley
S. Martinez
R. Santorum
M. Pence
C. Rice
R. "T." Cruz
P. "B." Jindal
J. Brewer
J. Kasich
B. Carson
R. "B." McDonnell

Dem
H. Clinton
J. Biden
M. Warner
M. O’Malley
A. Klobuchar
C. Booker
A. Villaraigosa
B. Schweitzer
K. Gillibrand
A. Cuomo
R. Emmanuel
M. Cantwell
E. Warren
Ju. Castro
D. Patrick

Indeterminate
M. Bloomberg
J. Ventura
 
I figured you guys could use a laugh:

http://news.yahoo.com/ventura-dangles-idea-2016-presidential-bid-225507746.html

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Just back from his part-time home in Mexico, former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura dangled the idea Friday that he could run for the U.S. presidency in 2016.

He said the next race is "an opportune time" for an independent like him to run because there will be no incumbent. He said he's approached radio shock jock Howard Stern about being his running mate, and Stern expressed interest.

Jesse cracks me up. :)
 
If we're discussing potential voices from Minnesota, I think Amy Klobuchar might be on the list. And if Jesse Ventura gets a mention maybe so should "indeterminates" Jim DeMint, Roseanne Barr, Gary Johnson and Medea Benjamin.
 
If we're discussing potential voices from Minnesota, I think Amy Klobuchar might be on the list. And if Jesse Ventura gets a mention maybe so should "indeterminates" Jim DeMint, Roseanne Barr, Gary Johnson and Medea Benjamin.


A. Klobuchar is on the list already. As for J. DeMint, his retirement from the Senate was throwing in the towel on higher ambitions, in my opinion.
 
Corey Booker to run for Frank Lautenberg's New Jersey senate seat. Whoever wins the seat would have to run again in 2014, which might be a good thing because in 2016 they wouldn't have to worry about losing the Senate job.
 
Yes, Lautenberg's death has certainly scrambled both fields. I think it elevates Christie's likelihood to run even higher, but drops Booker's lower.

I am hoping somebody important weighs in soon of T. Cruz's inability to serve as president (from a Constitutional POV.) I am getting tired of that guy already.
 
Yes, Lautenberg's death has certainly scrambled both fields. I think it elevates Christie's likelihood to run even higher, but drops Booker's lower.

How does Lautenberg's passing affect anything? Booker was planning on running for that seat in 2014 anyway. Now he just becomes a Senator one year sooner. And what difference does it make for Christie's plans.


I am hoping somebody important weighs in soon of T. Cruz's inability to serve as president (from a Constitutional POV.) I am getting tired of that guy already.
You're important right here in this thread. Weigh in, please. What is his constitutional inability?
 
How does Lautenberg's passing affect anything? Booker was planning on running for that seat in 2014 anyway. Now he just becomes a Senator one year sooner. And what difference does it make for Christie's plans.
If Christie wanted to run for Senate, it might mess with his plans. But I doubt it. He's an executive not a legislator. Being Governor suits him better. Christie problem is that I doubt he will kowtow to the far right wing.

You're important right here in this thread. Weigh in, please. What is his constitutional inability?

He was born in Canada, his mother was a US citizen, he's a US citizen. So what? Mitt Romney was born in Mexico.
 
If Christie wanted to run for Senate, it might mess with his plans. But I doubt it. He's an executive not a legislator. Being Governor suits him better. Christie problem is that I doubt he will kowtow to the far right wing.

C. Christie is happy right where he is. Which is why C. Booker is running for Senate instead of his original preference for the governor's mansion -- a somewhat better perch for presidential ambitions.


He was born in Canada, his mother was a US citizen, he's a US citizen. So what? Mitt Romney was born in Mexico.

Yeah, but I was looking for what grunion has to say about it. And M. Romney was born in Michigan. His pop, G. Romney, was born in Mexico, and did once run for president. J. McCain was born in Panama.
 
Last edited:
C. Christie is happy right where he is. Which is why C. Booker is running for Senate instead of his original preference for the governor's mansion -- a somewhat better perch for presidential ambitions.




Yeah, but I was looking for what grunion has to say about it. And M. Romney was born in Michigan. His pop, G. Romney, was born in Mexico, and did once run for president. J. McCain was born in Panama.

You're right. All those mormons look alike to me. ;)
 
Yeah, but I was looking for what grunion has to say about it. And M. Romney was born in Michigan. His pop, G. Romney, was born in Mexico, and did once run for president. J. McCain was born in Panama.
I was under the impression there was a Constitutional requirement that Presidents be native-born. And I didn't know that about George Romney or John McCain.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom