• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Post Your 2011 Predictions Here

The Constitution loosed Presidential elections upon us more than 200 years ago. So that's not much of a prediction, even if it had the year right.
 
3. Say good-bye to J.R.

Jane Russell died in February.

A word about this prediction: It was NOT in reference to James Randi (and I was quite surprised later to learn that the initials I'd given matched those of the Amazing One), nor technically was it a prediction of anyone's death. It may be noted that the fate of Larry Hagman--who portrayed J.R. Ewing on TV--has been discussed for many years, and Hagman is getting up there in years. Had Hagman died, no doubt the headlines would have mentioned that he was J.R. (There's a prediction, right there: when Larry passes, the headlines will say something like, "Larry Hagman, TV's J.R. Ewing, Dies at ___.") Had Hagman bowed out of the "Dallas" sequel or remake or whatever, that might have counted as "saying good-bye." I can say that I did not have Jane Russell in mind when I made the prediction, though I am happy to claim the hit anyway.

What is a bit troubling, though, is that I cannot remember whom I expressly DID have in mind when I made this prediction. As I said, it wasn't Randi. John Reilly? No. John Ratzenberger? No. James Rebhorn? No. Jeremy Renner? No. Julia Roberts? No. Come to think of it, I'm not sure the person I had in mind was in show business. In any event, the person that I actually did have in mind apparently did not make news in 2011 by saying good-bye in any sense.

But I claim the hit anyway.
 
Let's see.... someone old...someone with declining health...
I predict that George Herbert Walker Bush will have health issues and may perish in 2011.

I think my prediction was vague enough to consider this a hit.

Bush has developed Parkinsonism, a vascular disorder which has weakened his legs. In April 2011 he said he was not suffering pain from the disorder.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush#cite_note-nowimp-29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush

Between this, my ridiculous, but accurate, hit in the HDD thread, and a few other bold predictions, all I need is to lose my sense of ethics and I can start charging fools.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom