Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
What convinced you?
Already explained earlier in the thread; but for your benefit:
Already explained earlier in the thread; but for your benefit:
Quote:
IIRC, Jackson owned an "art book" comprised entirely of artistic nudes of prepubescent boys, and the book was kept together with a supply of actual (adult) pornography. I think this is rather strongly suggestive of the artistic material's actual purpose for Jackson; and I'm even going to go further than Babbylonian and opine that in conjunction with all of the other unfortunate facts about the man and his tastes and habits I think it makes a case beyond any reasonable doubt that he was a male-fixated pedophile. Given that, and with Jackson's regular access to and frequently arranging special "alone times" specifically with young boys, it would be quite surprising to me if he had actually not molested at least some of them. As to whether he molested the specific ones who accused him, obviously there's no concrete proof.
To my understanding, the reports the book was "kept together with a supply of actual (adult) pornography" is a subtle twisting of the facts. I believe they were found in the same room, however MJ had literally thousands of books. I read somewhere once he bought an entire used bookstore -the whole inventory, at once.
Considering MJ was rich beyond what most of us can dream of, an edgy and popular entertainer, a relatively young man, and loved art and photography, I think it would have been stranger if there was NOT an oddball item here or there.
If they had found nothing -literally nothing- that might give one pause, that (IMO) might have been a hint that he had purposefully hidden a cache of such materials. Because if he did, those two items would've been in his secret stash, and not just lying 'round in boxes with all the other stuff.
MJ reminds me of ME in regard to the books -if I turn around and look behind me, an entire bookcase (stuffed) is entirely buried under boxes of more books. The entire living room is filled with books. My studio space is filled with more -and some of them might make anyone raise an eyebrow. I only keep some of them for a single image or a single paragraph -but I can't bring myself to simply tear out what I like because I cannot stand to desecrate a book!
Quote:
Not to belabor the point, but the parallels between Michael Jackson's alleged grooming process and that of Jerry Sandusky are striking. Both had an ostensibly above-board interface that by its nature provided access to children of some vulnerability (Sandusky's foundation for at-risk youth vs. Jackson's backyard amusement park for kids with medical issues). Of all the children their respective interfaces gave them access to, both Jackson and Sandusky tended to gravitate towards and single-out children of a specific sex and age-range to engineer more personal relationships with. Both took time to ingratiate themselves with their (alleged, in Jackson's case) targets' parents and families, while still creating regular opportunities to be alone with the children themselves. And both used those opportunities to slowly acclimate the children to progressively more physical closeness and affectionate touching. As in the Sandusky case, even the kids who report that Jackson never fully progressed to the abuse stage with them, still describe this same escalation of contact.
In light of everything that happened, this certainly does seem suspicious. But ONLY because of what happened -to MJ and to others (both guilty and not). But are we going to say that everyone who builds an amusement park or school for kids automatically comes under an umbrella of suspicion? Really?
The hilited part has never stood up to serious scrutiny. Face it: the prosecution and the news media kayo'd themselves trying to prove these claims. They were NOT able to do so.
The media did a lot to sensationalize and twist events so they looked more damning than they really were. For instance: they reported constantly on his relationships with boys, but omitted his relationships with girls. They even cut girls out of photos they published to give the impression that MJ only liked boys. It just wasn't true.
http://rhythmofthetide.com/michael-jacksons-female-kid-friends/
Quote:
As I said early on, I think the material they uncovered combined with what we already know about Jackson's activities establishes his attraction beyond a reasonable doubt. Jackson was infatuated with prepubescent boys. He rather blatantly favored their company in comparison even to other children; he needed to have access to them, to be close to them, to physically touch them. He needed to spend time alone with them and privately express love and affection for them, and have that affection accepted if not reciprocated by them. He went to unusual and very extensive lengths to accommodate these wants or needs.
See above. While I realize your opinion is the popular point of view, and I can certainly understand it, having examined a great deal of the actual evidence -and lack thereof- I cannot agree with it.
I do not believe any of these sensational claims were ever proven. MJ was acquitted, because the state was unable to prove he had done anything wrong.
Of course...there's the usual caveat: if something new comes forward, I'll be happy to look at it, and my opinion is subject to revision if warranted by the discovery of actual proven facts and evidence.