I really hate the term "atheist". It's like the term "foreigner". What do all foreigners have in common?
You speak of comparing atheists to the "general population". Don't you think your results would depend on which "general population" you are comparing to? Someone brought up the example of China. Have you seriously thought about what it means to be an atheist in China compared to being an atheist in the US?
I would like to suggest that from now on the word atheist be qualified with which religion the atheist is rejecting. Most people in the West would therefore be Christian atheists.
You speak of comparing atheists to the "general population". Don't you think your results would depend on which "general population" you are comparing to? Someone brought up the example of China. Have you seriously thought about what it means to be an atheist in China compared to being an atheist in the US?
I would like to suggest that from now on the word atheist be qualified with which religion the atheist is rejecting. Most people in the West would therefore be Christian atheists.