Another way to put this would be to ask if atheists have other common traits where one could predict their perspective. From the "ego" thread, I had an overwhelming negative response. (people here say no)
My hypothesis would read like this:
Atheists have other traits in common that allows to predict their perspective on a variety of topics or situations
Where do I come up with this idea? I speculate that atheism is a conviction that comes from a mental process. This particular process molds the brain to think and react in certain ways in specific situations. This molding affects the way individuals think, thus creating a distinct atheist perspective.
There are several ways to test this hypothesis, but I think a survey is a good start. We could survey 1,000 people (randomly picked around the world. We would survey more than 1,000 but would only consider the answers of those who are atheist, to mask the survey). We would have our same size control group where the common trait be something else. Then we would look for common traits.
It's important to point out that the most we could conclude is that the average atheist is more likely to be more of this or that. For example, the findings could be:
Atheist are more likely to be more contrarian than the general population, on average.
Atheist are more likely to be more skeptical than the general population, on average.
Atheist are more likely not to be believe in spirituality than the general population, on average.
And so forth.
From this, one can guess the general atheist perspective on specific topics, issues, etc.
This is only a mental exercise and pure speculation (on my part). I do think it is an interesting topic to consider.
My hypothesis would read like this:
Atheists have other traits in common that allows to predict their perspective on a variety of topics or situations
Where do I come up with this idea? I speculate that atheism is a conviction that comes from a mental process. This particular process molds the brain to think and react in certain ways in specific situations. This molding affects the way individuals think, thus creating a distinct atheist perspective.
There are several ways to test this hypothesis, but I think a survey is a good start. We could survey 1,000 people (randomly picked around the world. We would survey more than 1,000 but would only consider the answers of those who are atheist, to mask the survey). We would have our same size control group where the common trait be something else. Then we would look for common traits.
It's important to point out that the most we could conclude is that the average atheist is more likely to be more of this or that. For example, the findings could be:
Atheist are more likely to be more contrarian than the general population, on average.
Atheist are more likely to be more skeptical than the general population, on average.
Atheist are more likely not to be believe in spirituality than the general population, on average.
And so forth.
From this, one can guess the general atheist perspective on specific topics, issues, etc.
This is only a mental exercise and pure speculation (on my part). I do think it is an interesting topic to consider.