• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread [Ed] Personal experiences with gays

Given your demonstrated attitude in this thread, I cannot imagine any situation where a closeted gay would ever want to let you know their sexual preference.

Insisting on repeatedly calling KY "anal lube" for instance. To tell you the truth, that kind of thing makes me start wondering about you.

Where exactly have I "insisted" upon calling KYJelly "anal lube"? When it was brought to my attention, I started referring to it as KYJelly as opposed to anal lube because that is not the proper name for it. You are arguing semantics and trying to demonize me as a bigot, which is false.
 
Your auto mechanic example refers to a technical subject, which is different from a social issue or political issue, which can contain a fair amount of bias. My point about the hippies is that they are more likely to tell you that a lot of people smoke weed because they hang out with a lot of people who smoke weed.


Why?

Information is information. Only the way it is harvested or presented contains bias. If you think that there isn't a "technical" component to knowledge of marijuana, or that its users necessarily function under misconceptions about its popularity or ubiquity then there is a thread here I might need to direct you to,

Your use of the term "hippies" suggests yet another stereotype you may suffer from.
 
And I contend that most likely someone who is gay or bi is going to naturally seek out and have more contact with people who are gay or bi. This would in essence skew their view of society, leading them to believe that "Oh there are tons of gay people! There are almost as many as straight people!" When this simply is not the case.

Isn't there some form of middle-ground where it's not 1 per a few hundred but not 50-50 ?
 
Why not option one?

I consider it statistically highly improbable that all of us here in this thread (as well as other individuals I have spoken to about this) have encountered unrepresentative samples, whilst you are the only one who has encountered a representative sample.
 
You are missing the results of both samples. In my sample of masculine behaving men, I have came across zero that were gay. However, in my sample of all of the gay people I have met, all of them have had feminine characteristics. You are looking at the wrong sample.

Is this a bad time to point out what's already been said:

1) You don't know if they're gay or not. I assume you didn't ask them.
2) How about the ones mentioned in this forum who aren't feminine and don't conform to your stereotype ?
3) Darat's already corrected you about "feminine" characteristics.
 
So you think my accuracy would be very low, but yet you give me a percentage of gay men in the United States of 5. Going off of that percentage, I should have a 95% success rate at picking out who is gay and who is not, even without utilizing gaydar. That's a pretty high success rate.

we are not discussing your ability to spot straight men.
you'd win that by the law of averages.
we are talking about your 'gaydar' which is utter nonsense.
 
Direct me to a post that indicates I think only gays have anal sex. If you are referring to what I think the KYjelly on my soldiers nightstand was used for, it was only assumed he used it for homosexual anal sex because he had another male soldier still asleep in his bed early in the morning.

How sweet.
 
Direct me to a post that indicates I think only gays have anal sex. If you are referring to what I think the KYjelly on my soldiers nightstand was used for, it was only assumed he used it for homosexual anal sex because he had another male soldier still asleep in his bed early in the morning.
What was his explanation for why someone else was in his bed?
 
Where exactly have I "insisted" upon calling KYJelly "anal lube"?

Here:
(He was caught with a dude sleeping in his bed in the barracks and a tube of anal lube on the nightstand.)
And "anal lube"? I have yet to encounter lube that specified which orifice it was to be used with, at least in terminology you would be likely to understand.
Yes I know anal lube can be used for other orifices.
And is it labeled "anal lube" or something like that? Not "personal lubricant" "sex lube", "intimate lubrication" or anything neutral like that?
You're right,It is labelled as sex lube. I wonder what was written on Quad's soldiers tube. I'll bet it wasn't labelled anal lube.
I'd be surprised if it was, too. Which begs the question why he called it that, doesn't it? The guy was probably gay because had anal lube on his night stand, and it was anal lube .... because he was gay?
Yes I have a tube of anal lube back home as well.
It was KYJelly. That is simply arguing semantics though.

You knew what it was called, you claim to own some, yet you repeatedly called it "anal lube" (even the tube you own, curiously) because:
If you are referring to what I think the KYjelly on my soldiers nightstand was used for, it was only assumed he used it for homosexual anal sex because he had another male soldier still asleep in his bed early in the morning.

ETA: Why didn't you just say at the beginning "He was caught with a dude sleeping in his bed in the barracks and a tube of KY on the nightstand"?
 
Last edited:
Why?

Is it more likely that you have an unrepresentative sample of male acquaintances (or are just mistaken about the sexual preference of some people you know), or that every other person on the thread has?

For the record, of the people I have known well over the years, I have known one slightly effeminate gay man, one not at all effeminate gay man, one non-effeminate bisexual man, a lesbian (/bisexual?) couple who were not at all masculine/butch and a straight guy who was the campest person I have ever met.

The most camp,effeminate man that I know got married at sixteen because he got the girl pregnant,fathered three more children with two other women and has a couple of illegitimate ones. He was sent home from school now and again for wearing eye shadow,in his David Bowie period he used to go out made up to the eyeballs. You can't judge by appearances Quad,if you met him you would think that he was gay.
 
Re Ian McKellen. I've seen him in films and on TV many a time,and seen him interviewed a lot. I didn't know about his sexuality until he said that he was gay during a chat show last year. Does Quad really think that all gays ponce about like Edgar J. Hoover in drag?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom