• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread [Ed] Personal experiences with gays

Yes, but so far that is just confirmation bias. You decided he was gay after the lube incident, then in retrospect reflect on his gay ways in the past. My question was how long *before* the lube incident had you honestly determined that he was gay (since they all have these effeminate ways)?

That part I couldn't tell you. I inherited this problem soldier when I became the PL (He has other issues) and can only go off of his counseling statements and the statements of my NCOs. I only know his personality after the incident.
 
I am in combat arms. You would be hard pressed to find a homosexual in combat arms. The homosexuals that ARE in combat arms are very good at hiding it, as they would risk endless ridicule from their peers.

I was 11B & when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell there were 8 in my company. (well 6 gay & 2 bi) & yeah they are good at hiding it, the only reason they took a chance coming out to me is because they thought I was too (mainly due to my being into theatre.)
 
I'm sorry to have to point this out, but when straights share opinions and observations about gays, they are usually deep, deep in the Dunning-Kruger zone. They are profoundly ignorant of their ignorance.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" (Charles Darwin).
 
Last edited:
This is probably one of the biggest failures of a post in this thread. I cleary said "usually" that is the case. Obviously, there are instances where women are larger then the males when hugging. To suggest that I did not recognize those other instances is blatant dishonesty.

Well, aside from the fact that you took my post a little too seriously...

My point was that things you're correlating with gayness or straightness, or maleness and femaleness, may not correlate to those things as well as you think they do and may in fact correlate to other things. Which really is pretty much the same as a lot of other people are saying in the thread.
 
Well, aside from the fact that you took my post a little too seriously...

My point was that things you're correlating with gayness or straightness, or maleness and femaleness, may not correlate to those things as well as you think they do and may in fact correlate to other things. Which really is pretty much the same as a lot of other people are saying in the thread.

To me it seems that people posting in this thread want to believe that there are no defined gender lines in society and that women and men don't act in different ways. They also seem to want to believe that there are not some pretty glaring differences in the way a lot of gay individuals act. This is just simply wishful thinking, as there are some pretty defined gender lines in society along with a difference in the way most straight men act as opposed to most gay men.
 
I have absolutely no idea what a picture of some guys moving a soccer goal has to do with anything in this thread whatsoever.

Well you didn't move the goalposts but you did shift the burden of proof. Since I don't have a picture of people moving a burden of proof I went for the goal.

Are you acting ignorant on purpose?

Why do so many people on the JREF forum assume that people who don't understand what they are saying are necessarily faking ?

You know damn well that there is a difference when straight males hug each other and when females hug each other. Also, when a male hugs a female. For example, a female will generally wrap her arms around the guys neck while he wraps his arms around her body. She will generally go to her tip toes as well because females are usually smaller.

So a girly hug is what, now ?

This is not normal for men.

I wasn't aware you had been appointed arbiter of normal behaviour. I'll have to be careful, from now on.
 
I am in combat arms. You would be hard pressed to find a homosexual in combat arms. The homosexuals that ARE in combat arms are very good at hiding it, as they would risk endless ridicule from their peers. I do not condone the ridicule, but I can't control everything that happens outside of work. You are more likely to find homosexuals in support units, and yes it is obvious to identify them as well.

That is the worst excuse for a confirmation bias I've seen all day.
 
This is just simply wishful thinking, as there are some pretty defined gender lines in society along with a difference in the way most straight men act as opposed to most gay men.

You know most gay men?

Seriously, have you taken into account the gay men you don't know?
 
Last edited:
I'm sorry to have to point this out, but when straights share opinions and observations about gays, they are usually deep, deep in the Dunning-Kruger zone. They are profoundly ignorant of their ignorance.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" (Charles Darwin).

That damn Darwin stole my quote, RETROACTIVELY. I'm going to have to sue him.
 
To me it seems that people posting in this thread want to believe that there are no defined gender lines in society and that women and men don't act in different ways.

It's a spectrum, not a boolean value.

They also seem to want to believe that there are not some pretty glaring differences in the way a lot of gay individuals act. This is just simply wishful thinking

Wishful thinking by you. No one is saying that. You're the only person speaking in absolutes, only to then retreat to "some" or "most" or "a lot".
 
Oh god how i wished i was a effeminate and faggy little sissy boy who would cry tears of joy as my master used me like the dirty slut i am... No such luck. No luck at all. I got stuck with this outrageously average and 'straight looking' body instead. Perhaps if i lost most of my muscles, fat and body hair...

Most other guys I've met that like dicks look perfectly 'straight', that is like nearly everyone else, and are not noticeable 'gay' or camp or whatever. When most people see two guys sitting together and talking to each-other on a table in the middle of a public square they don't think "Oh, those two guys are *********** each-other!" even-though they are.
 
Well you didn't move the goalposts but you did shift the burden of proof. Since I don't have a picture of people moving a burden of proof I went for the goal.



Why do so many people on the JREF forum assume that people who don't understand what they are saying are necessarily faking ?



So a girly hug is what, now ?



I wasn't aware you had been appointed arbiter of normal behaviour. I'll have to be careful, from now on.

I have attempted to look up some videos on youtube, but my internet is too crappy. A girly hug is too hard to describe, but it is very distinct. For some reason, I have a feeling you know EXACTLY what I am talking about in the differences between when men hug each other and when women hug each other, but you are choosing not to acknowledge it.
 
A girly hug is too hard to describe, but it is very distinct. For some reason, I have a feeling you know EXACTLY what I am talking about in the differences between when men hug each other and when women hug each other, but you are choosing not to acknowledge it.

How do you know that when women hug each other it's a friendly hug or a lesbian hug? I'm a lesbian and give both to my wife.
 
Quad4_72, you are suggesting there is a very high correlation between sexual preference and mannerisms. Why do you suppose that would be? Did you know that fems almost never find each other sexually attractive? Who do you suppose, then, they are having sex with?
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom