dafydd
Banned
- Joined
- Feb 14, 2008
- Messages
- 35,398
Now how exactly would you know if the males I have met who act masculine are gay or not?
How do you know that some of them were not? Some prefer to stay in the closet.
Now how exactly would you know if the males I have met who act masculine are gay or not?
This knowledge comes from me personally knowing hundreds of men who act masculine. Out of those hundreds, not one of them who acts masculine is gay. Do you see where I draw my conclusions from now?
From what you have described so far the behaviour that you have perceived to be indicative of gay men are not feminine behaviour, they are just another form of masculine behaviour (and even that is really a generalisation too far).
How do you know that some of them were not? Some prefer to stay in the closet.
I have lived in Texas, Oregon, Utah, Kentucky, and Georgia. Is there a gay state that I should live in to meet all of these millions of gay men who act masculine?
I have lived in Texas, Oregon, Utah, Kentucky, and Georgia. Is there a gay state that I should live in to meet all of these millions of gay men who act masculine?
They all dated women, were married to women, engaged to women, etc. The ones who were single were actively seeking out women. Perhaps it was all a front for a couple of them, but I find that doubtful.
As a gay man I've meet some effeminate Gay men and I've meet effeminate straight men. From my own experience I would say that effeminate straight men outnumber effeminate Gay men. As for most Gay men being obviously effeminate well since the great majority of Gay men I've known are not obviously effeminate at all I think that is just wrong to assume that Gay men are in general effeminate. After all mnay of the Gay men I've known have been in the Army and one was a semi-pro football player. you do realize that the Gay men you knew, which seems to be the party circuit crowd and those associated with things like ballroom dancing have their own "culture" and when they associate with each other they "camp it up". It is a fact that an aspect of Gay culture that many Gay men when together in numbers "camp" or you might say act effeminate and when not in that situation don't act quite so effeminate at all. The overwhelming majority of the Gay men I've known in my life when they came out as Gay their friends and relatives had not a single suspicion and those that did did so mainly because X was not interested in dating the opposite sex not because they acted effeminate or "Gay".
No,but the cultural climate in those States would induce one to keep quiet about it. As I said,come to Europe,there are lots of masculine gay men here. I recently found out that the brother of a friend of mine who I have known for three years and who is a big masculine rugby player has just moved into a flat in London with his boyfriend. I saw the two of them at a party last summer,and I thought that they were just mates. Not a sign of feminine behaviour. Your attempt to tar all gays with the same brush will not work. The States you mentioned are hardly known for their liberal,tolerant views. Travel abroad,it broadens the mind.
I would suggest trying Texas, Oregon, Utah, Kentucky, or Georgia...![]()
I totally accept that you are conveying to us a reasonably accurate summary of your experiences however it is your reasoning and the subsequent conclusions you have drawn that are incorrect.
And remember masculine does not mean butch and tough and never cry and "manly" handshakes, it simply means characteristics that are generally associated with men, and if the majority of gay men are as you have concluded then their behaviour is every bit as masculine as (I am assuming) yours is.
I would suggest trying Texas, Oregon, Utah, Kentucky, or Georgia...![]()
I have no idea how you guys roll in Europe, but I don't think it really applies to the United States.
Almost certainly some of them were bi but kept quiet about it.
Are you proposing that camp behavior relates more to masculinity then it does to femininity?
I think you are stretching to say that every branch of the military is "crawling" with gays. I know all of my men very personally. None of them are gay, except possibly one. He is questionable (He was caught with a dude sleeping in his bed in the barracks and a tube of anal lube on the nightstand. He was not in the bed with him, but I think you can draw your own conclusions).
How do you figure? What exactly do you base that on?
I tried that already. What are you getting at Darat?
This is just simply wishful thinking, as there are some pretty defined gender lines in society along with a difference in the way most straight men act as opposed to most gay men.