• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Destroyed Atlantis = Menorah

Thank You, Vixen,

Your response spurred inspiration...

The menorah doesn't 'belong' to the Jewish religion. It is supposed to represent the internal light of God, and the "8" days a lamp burned... (interesting it has 7 candle holders) Another said it represents the 7 churches. The rabbi I am listening to now says the middle one is they god, which lights the rest of the world, 6 being the number of man, each candle representing some elements we are supposed to light in us.

The Bible describes the object to be made, out of pure beaten gold (God- Make this graven image, later, God- DON'T make graven images) which direction branches are supposed to be... "after a pattern shown thee in the mount"...

So, what mountain, where, when, and who put it there?

Someone posted a picture from the 17th century depicting straight up "branches" not this rounded object we see today, or the further stylized versions. These writings and means don't seem to fit together or this religion.

The menorah is from someone or somewhere else...
 
Thank You, Vixen,

Your response spurred inspiration...

The menorah doesn't 'belong' to the Jewish religion. It is supposed to represent the internal light of God, and the "8" days a lamp burned... (interesting it has 7 candle holders) Another said it represents the 7 churches. The rabbi I am listening to now says the middle one is they god, which lights the rest of the world, 6 being the number of man, each candle representing some elements we are supposed to light in us.

The Bible describes the object to be made, out of pure beaten gold (God- Make this graven image, later, God- DON'T make graven images) which direction branches are supposed to be... "after a pattern shown thee in the mount"...

So, what mountain, where, when, and who put it there?

Someone posted a picture from the 17th century depicting straight up "branches" not this rounded object we see today, or the further stylized versions. These writings and means don't seem to fit together or this religion.

The menorah is from someone or somewhere else...

I can't help but notice a lack of mention of Atlantis in its history.
 
Thank You, Vixen,

Your response spurred inspiration...

The menorah doesn't 'belong' to the Jewish religion. It is supposed to represent the internal light of God, and the "8" days a lamp burned... (interesting it has 7 candle holders) Another said it represents the 7 churches. The rabbi I am listening to now says the middle one is they god, which lights the rest of the world, 6 being the number of man, each candle representing some elements we are supposed to light in us.

The Bible describes the object to be made, out of pure beaten gold (God- Make this graven image, later, God- DON'T make graven images) which direction branches are supposed to be... "after a pattern shown thee in the mount"...

So, what mountain, where, when, and who put it there?

Someone posted a picture from the 17th century depicting straight up "branches" not this rounded object we see today, or the further stylized versions. These writings and means don't seem to fit together or this religion.

The menorah is from someone or somewhere else...

I found ONE image sorta like a menorah 'on' Mt. Sinai (well, not 'me' personally)...but that's not "in the mount'...
 

Attachments

  • images-15.jpeg
    images-15.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I can't help but notice a lack of mention of Atlantis in its history.

AGAIN, there may have been little to no appreciation for what Atlantis truly was, or what the symbol meant to others before its adoption by the Jewish faith.

The symbol was adopted because it came from a place of power or authority, its previous origin unknown.
 
AGAIN, there may have been little to no appreciation for what Atlantis truly was, or what the symbol meant to others before its adoption by the Jewish faith.

The symbol was adopted because it came from a place of power or authority, its previous origin unknown.

You are just adding a history that you want it to have. You can't tie it to you Atlantis with mere conjecture.
 
You are just adding a history that you want it to have. You can't tie it to you Atlantis with mere conjecture.

No, I am using the Bible. Supposedly, GOD was talking. The symbol came from some pattern he showed someone in the mount.

The symbol was given to them by the only authority they recognized.

Who put the "pattern" in the mount?
 
It means after what date or before what date were the images deposited on the rock. I assumed you, being a student of past human physical culture that you'd have been familiar with the terms.

My B.S. is a double major- Criminal Justice and Legal Studies. I'm in grad school right now, M.A. Political Science.

As for your question, "No idea."
 
No, I am using the Bible. Supposedly, GOD was talking. The symbol came from some pattern he showed someone in the mount.

The symbol was given to them by the only authority they recognized.

Who put the "pattern" in the mount?

How the hell would I know? You can't even date it. If you're going to try and study this stuff you might trouble yourself to learn what they teach on the first day of archeology school right after they kick out everyone who showed with a bullwhip and a Fedora.
 
How the hell would I know? You can't even date it. If you're going to try and study this stuff you might trouble yourself to learn what they teach on the first day of archeology school right after they kick out everyone who showed with a bullwhip and a Fedora.

Glad I just bought the brown leather jacket. :/

Look, I am not an expert, nor have I claimed to be one.

I heard an interesting story, and I brought it to the best convergence of skeptics I know of.

I've posted links to things and stuff, that I'd like to discuss. If you have something to add, please do so.
 
Last edited:
Know what the first guy to create a menorah had in mind. You seem to be ignoring the fact that a menorah is a fairly obvious design if you need to display candles in a row. Oh and we have a history for it that makes no mention of your lost city.

It is more than just candles in a row. God left a "pattern" for its construction.

ETA: Well maybe he did. The Bible just says he showed the symbol to someone else...
 
Did you watch it?

Why are they assuming this is your Atlantis? A stone anchor or symbols carved on rock are interesting but that doesn't equal Atlantis. Stone anchors are not exactly uncommon.

The stone etchings? Really? Horses and boats in Spain equals Atlantis? There is clearly past human physical culture that they are finding but there's nothing to associate it with your Atlantis.
 
It is supposed to represent the internal light of God, and the "8" days a lamp burned... (interesting it has 7 candle holders)


Since you've got this great theory about the menorah's origin, you might want to look up the distinction between a temple menorah and a hanukkiah...
 
Since you've got this great theory about the menorah's origin, you might want to look up the distinction between a temple menorah and a hanukkiah...

And while you're at it KTA, how about you find something that references the thing to your Atlantis.
 
Since you've got this great theory about the menorah's origin, you might want to look up the distinction between a temple menorah and a hanukkiah...

I listened to three rabbis talk about the menorah and Hanukkah this morning. One claimed a connection. The other two had slightly different explanations.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom