• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread DEI in the US

Your gaslighting is pointless. Those of us who know what DEI is, know what DEI is. Those of us who have been living under a rock for the past decade, can do a search and find out that THE WHOLE POINT of DEI is to give preferences to real or supposed historically oppressed identity groups. Those who are just as brainwashed as you, will go on believing, or pretending, that DEI isn't about that. Thus, your gaslighting attempts will have no effect on anybody whomsoever.
Thank you for clearly outlining the far-right straw argument. I couldn't have explained the fallacy better myself.
 
I love the phrase "Those of us who know, know." It's such a lame ass appeal to imaginary knowledge.

It's the same argument that's been used for centuries by all sorts of conspiracy mongers and racists.

"Those of us who know what happened to the towers, know what happened"
"Those of us who know about the lizard people, know about them"

Quite possibly the dumbest fallacy ever.
 
Well, yeah. That's why DEI and labeling everything "White Supremacy" is so dumb.

Are you looking for people to just agree with you that the random article you found on the internet from obscure_source_01 is dumb? Do you seriously need that type of reassurance from strangers on the internet? That's something.
 
Are you looking for people to just agree with you that the random article you found on the internet from obscure_source_01 is dumb? Do you seriously need that type of reassurance from strangers on the internet? That's something.
I'm not the one who brought up "White Supremacy." I was reliably told that the purpose of DEI was to fight it. If you're saying that DEI is just a load of crap, well, that is something.
 
I'm not the one who brought up "White Supremacy." I was reliably told that the purpose of DEI was to fight it. If you're saying that DEI is just a load of crap, well, that is something.

I have no doubt that the limits of your ability for reading comprehension would give you that impression. I am not going to take the time to banter with you because I know who you are, and the type of person you are and I would rather chew aluminum foil after a filling than give you more of my time. Keep up the good work.
 
No, because practically every culture on the planet has some form of marriage, but it is almost always patriarchy and male-dominance.
Patriarchal marriage is still with us, of course, but now we have new variations on marriage as well, such as companionate marriage and same-sex marriage. If I understand your analogy correctly (not betting on it) then DEI added new conceptual tools which were not discussed under the rubric of the Affirmative Action programs designed to ensure that "employees are treated...without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin" at their workplaces, just as marriage added new ideas which were unknown or else very marginal in earlier times.
 
You've poisoned the well by assuming from the start that one group of people are presumptively bad because of their skin hue. You can't possibly have equality if that's your positional foundation.
No, it's based on history and evidence that it is still in process. Are you telling me that white supremacist do not exist today?
 
Are you telling me that white supremacist do not exist today?
Are you asking about white supremacists as individuals or in groups?

Pretty sure AA & DEI aren't about to cure places like Elohim CityWP.

Napalm strike might work, though.
 
Last edited:
so it’s been about a year since elon had a crew of 13 year olds type eliminate dei into chat gpt and defunded everything even remotely related to dei it all. and i guess since that happened we don’t need to argue in the abstract.

anybody want to take a crack at explaining in what ways are we better off? it doesn’t seem like we’re getting the meritocracy we were promised and a whole bunch of people got hurt. what did we gain?
 
so it’s been about a year since elon had a crew of 13 year olds type eliminate dei into chat gpt and defunded everything even remotely related to dei it all. and i guess since that happened we don’t need to argue in the abstract.

anybody want to take a crack at explaining in what ways are we better off? it doesn’t seem like we’re getting the meritocracy we were promised and a whole bunch of people got hurt. what did we gain?
As far as I can tell, from the current administration and it’s supporters, a bunch of libtards were pwned.
 
None of your analogies are tracking for me this week; I thought a lump hammer was basically a smallish one-handed sledgehammer?
 
Fair enough, but are they actually different sets of tools?

(I don't know if there is an umbrella term for the entire toolset.)
Does it matter? MAGA hates both AA and DEI because these programs work against what they stand for, which is white supremacy.
 
Does it matter?
I suppose it doesn't really matter if we don't fret about what is on topic in this thread. If there is a general consensus that any program designed to roll back white supremacy is considered topical—regardless of whether it arose after the DEI rebrand—that's fine with me.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom