• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cooking?

I'd never heard of 'baked chapatis' until this thread, thinking that dry-cooking them in a skillet or on a flat metal plate was part of what makes them chapatis..

Anyhoo, given that they're unleavened does it make any difference? Either way they'll need a lot of chewing.
 
I'd never heard of 'baked chapatis' until this thread, thinking that dry-cooking them in a skillet or on a flat metal plate was part of what makes them chapatis..

Anyhoo, given that they're unleavened does it make any difference? Either way they'll need a lot of chewing.

Not if you use chapati flour and knead the dough well and roll them thin.
 
I make my parathas with nasty unnatural boiled, mashed and spiced potatoes. It's a miracle that I'm still alive.

Spooky!
I make my alu parathas as a sort of double paratha.
I take one raw paratha, spread a layer of nassstee spiced and mashed taters on top, place another raw paratha over that, pinch the rim closed and cook.

Speaking of natural foods, I've been warned repeatedly that in India one must never, no matter how enticing the temptation, eat uncooked food.
 
Last edited:
I'd never heard of 'baked chapatis' until this thread, thinking that dry-cooking them in a skillet or on a flat metal plate was part of what makes them chapatis..

Anyhoo, given that they're unleavened does it make any difference? Either way they'll need a lot of chewing.

I think Kumar's confusion arises from the fact that chapatis are often cooked on a baking stone, which is the same as dry frying them on a metal plate or on the side of a Tandoori. There is really only one way to cook chapatis.
 
Good point.
Puris don't seem to form part of an appropriate diet for someone who advocates a fruit diet, but that might be me.
 
Good point.
Puris don't seem to form part of an appropriate diet for someone who advocates a fruit diet, but that might be me.

One can be naturally fully cooked/ matured food other socially fully cooked.
 
Half cooked? What does it actually mean? Half boiled? But here it is about being careless while cooking and that leading to improper cooking of food and consuming it. The later side effects and diseases that can be invited. Half cooked food can be half boiled vegetables that should be consumed only raw or fully boiled. There are procedures to consuming different varieties of vegetables and cereals and the way they should be cooked. If not, it may lead to various health problems.Semi cooked foods can lead to various health problems and diseases that would also reduce the life span of the person as many researchers say half cooked foods lead to food borne diseases. Take a look at the effects of eating half boiled food.
http://www.boldsky.com/health/wellness/2011/half-cooked-unhealthy-300511-aid0111.html

Read more at: http://www.boldsky.com/health/wellness/2011/half-cooked-unhealthy-300511-aid0111.html

Something relevant is indicated on above.
 
Something here is half baked.

I Still don't know what is going on in this thread,
 
Bacon should never be steamed, boiled or baked.

Wat.

Bacon fried in its own grease remains soggy, gummy, gross.

Bacon baked in a rack above a grease pan becomes crisp, crunchy, delectable.

Perhaps other kitchens achieve acceptable results with other methods, but in my kitchen, we put the bake in bacon.

As for the OP: Cooking? Yes!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wat.

Bacon fried in its own grease remains soggy, gummy, gross.

Bacon baked in a rack above a grease pan becomes crisp, crunchy, delectable.

Perhaps other kitchens achieve acceptable results with other methods, but in my kitchen, we put the bake in bacon.

As for the OP: Cooking? Yes!

I coat the bacon in a mix of Flour and Mustard powder, and the dry it, stays nice and crispy and yummy (using thick sliced unsmoked English back normally)
 
Kumar.
Instead of focusing on the cooking methods of your foods I recommend looking at some herbal supplements.
[qimg]http://img.thewhiskyexchange.com/270/liq_gam1.jpg[/qimg][qimg]http://www.thedrinkshop.com/images/products/main/2034/2034.jpg[/qimg][qimg]http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/kitchen/2010_05_21-FernetBranca3.jpg[/qimg]
These are my favourites, and are great both in the morning with or before breakfast and after a meal.

I LOVE Fernet and have a love-hate relationship with Gammel Dansk. Gotta give Underberg a try.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom