• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

CNN Doxxes a gif maker


Add non-sequitur to your list of fallacies you've made in this thread....

Yeah, its an opinion. It's something people have when they aren't certain of something. Opinions can be informed by intuition, experience and logic as well.

As well as just pulled from your nether region, 100% fact free, like your opinion on coercion, which flies in the face of the facts.

I call 'em like I see 'em.

More opinion. :rolleyes:
 
This **** still going on? News media does their job, reports a story, snowflakes get butthurt and makes death threats against journalists while other snowflakes try to spread lies on internet forums. More news at 11.

Another one defends the indefensible. News medias job is to threaten and harass private citizens? I'm not fan of CNN, especially on this topic but I'll go ahead and openly condemn anyone who has threatened the CNN journalist. That's absolutely unacceptable.
 
Another one defends the indefensible. News medias job is to threaten and harass private citizens? I'm not fan of CNN, especially on this topic but I'll go ahead and openly condemn anyone who has threatened the CNN journalist. That's absolutely unacceptable.

It's not indefensible. I just defended it. They tracked down an insufferable internet troll and wrote a story that didn't reveal the troll's personal information. That's about the gist of CNN's involvement. I'd have been completely fine with them just revealing his information, but they chose the high road, much to the chagrin of the OP who was made a lie before it was even posted.
 
Last edited:
Add non-sequitur to your list of fallacies you've made in this thread....

Cant counter the argument, claim fallacy. Got it. You honestly think that the apology would have come if CNN hadn't threatened the guy. It just came of the blue? Are you that credulous?

As well as just pulled from your nether region, 100% fact free, like your opinion on coercion, which flies in the face of the facts.
See, I was gonna apologize for the facist remark but now it looks like you really have disdain for people who dare to disagree with you. How very tolerant you are. If you want to talk the merits or legality of what CNN has done, we can do that. But if you trade personal attacks, we can do that too.

More opinion. :rolleyes:
You have a problem with opinions? You know who else doesn't like opinions?
 
It's not indefensible. I just defended it. They tracked down an insufferable internet troll and wrote a story that didn't reveal the troll's personal information. That's about the gist of CNN's involvement. I'd have been completely fine with them just revealing his information, but they chose the high road, much to the chagrin of the OP who was made a lie before it was even posted.

Yawn, so much easier to accuse others of being liars when one does not know what doxxing means or reads the myriad of links I have posted.

Especially if one is standing up for a billion dollar corporation going after the guy who made the wrong gif, CNN.

CNN, really incompetent dopes.
 
It's not indefensible. I just defended it. They tracked down an insufferable internet troll

Theres the problem right there.

...and wrote a story that didn't reveal the troll's personal information.
As long as he toes the line and doesn't say things CNN doesn't like.


That's about the gist of CNN's involvement. I'd have been completely fine with them just revealing his information, but they chose the high road, much to the chagrin of the OP who was made a lie before it was even posted.
Thats a strange take on what a high road is. Wouldn't the high road be not tracking him down at all?
 
Last edited:
Yawn, so much easier to accuse others of being liars when one does not know what doxxing means or reads the myriad of links I have posted.

Especially if one is standing up for a billion dollar corporation going after the guy who made the wrong gif, CNN.

CNN, really incompetent dopes.

The other (sports)forum I post on is in near 100% agreement that CNN was wrong to harass this guy. I come over to the critical thinker forum and its like bizarro world over here. I really do think the defense of this has its roots in the authoritarian tendencies of the far left.
 
This **** still going on? News media does their job, reports a story, snowflakes get butthurt and makes death threats against journalists while other snowflakes try to spread lies on internet forums. More news at 11.
I have some experience of the news media, and when there's a story pretty much everyone's on there's a premium on a novel approach. Writers pitch them to editors, and I can absolutely see the idea of interviewing the originator of the visuals online working. No budget necessary, not even taxi-fare. Everybody else is talking about what Trump's tweeting of it signifies : why not find out what this Hanswhatsit guy meant by it in the first place? There could be some column-inches in it, and indeed there were. I'd have been quite pleased with the notion myself.

There's no need even to search the guy out, because it was all over Reddit by then. I mean, duh?

So a CNN writer thinks of it : what are they supposed to do, recuse themselves?
 
Theres the problem right there.

What's the problem?

As long as he toes the line and doesn't say things CNN doesn't like.

Where do they say that? What do they say specifically, in context?

Thats a strange take on what a high road is. Wouldn't the high road be not tracking him down at all?

Nope, that's called journalism. I know snowflakes don't like journalism, but what are you gonna do?
 
I have some experience of the news media, and when there's a story pretty much everyone's on there's a premium on a novel approach. Writers pitch them to editors, and I can absolutely see the idea of interviewing the originator of the visuals online working. No budget necessary, not even taxi-fare. Everybody else is talking about what Trump's tweeting of it signifies : why not find out what this Hanswhatsit guy meant by it in the first place? There could be some column-inches in it, and indeed there were. I'd have been quite pleased with the notion myself.

There's no need even to search the guy out, because it was all over Reddit by then. I mean, duh?

So a CNN writer thinks of it : what are they supposed to do, recuse themselves?

I think the special little snowflakes we're dealing with on the extreme right simply didn't think about their trolling having the spotlight put on it.
 
writer: someone made fun of CNN on the internet!
editor: STOP THE PRESSES!
writer: finds the wrong guy and threatens him.
CNN: Hooray!
world: asshats.
 
What's the problem?

Yes. Tracking down the person who made a funny gif superimposing CNN on a guys head while Trump tackles it. You've used the terms "butthurt" and "snowflakes". Do you not see the irony? There's a complete lack of self-awareness by CNN if they didn't see this backlash coming.

Where do they say that? What do they say specifically, in context?

“CNN is not publishing “HanA**holeSolo’s” name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again,” “CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

Nope, that's called journalism. I know snowflakes don't like journalism, but what are you gonna do?

Journalism is reporting the news, not creating it.
 
Yes. Tracking down the person who made a funny gif superimposing CNN on a guys head while Trump tackles it. You've used the terms "butthurt" and "snowflakes". Do you not see the irony? There's a complete lack of self-awareness by CNN if they didn't see this backlash coming.

Backlash? All I see backlashing are Trump apologists. Everyone else seem pretty much on CNN's side in this.

*cue "but I hate Trump too" concern trolling*


“CNN is not publishing “HanA**holeSolo’s” name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again,” “CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

What's the problem with this? CNN will respect his right to privacy unless there's a public interest in publishing his name. There will be should more anti-Semitic crap or calls to violence against journalists be created by him. Not a threat, just a statement of fact.


Journalism is reporting the news, not creating it.

You might not have noticed, but Han*******solo created the news. CNN reported it.
 
Are we ever going to return to the time when the loony far left and the criminally stupid far right go back into the shadows and let the center (aka the majority) fix this issue of partisan politics?
 
I think the special little snowflakes we're dealing with on the extreme right simply didn't think about their trolling having the spotlight put on it.
If we take Hanswhatsit at his(her?) word (which CNN has) then he's not of the extreme right, and has had some play-acting on social media blow up in his face. The right don't take him at his word because they so want to be outraged for him as, presumably, really one of their own, forced to recant.

The identity of Hanswhatsit is hardly a secret, and if it had been a Kardashian we'd all know about it by now, but there's no story there. The story is to be found in who added the sound and effects and how it got to Trump. The Big Dog has claimed it went viral before Trump tweeted it, but the evidence suggests otherwise. It wasn't a thing until Trump made it a thing, and a thing mostly about Trump, which is his favourite sort of thing.
 
Backlash? All I see backlashing are Trump apologists. Everyone else seem pretty much on CNN's side in this.

Not from where I'm standing, but I live in Georgia where everyone is a toothless inbred hillbilly.

*cue "but I hate Trump too" concern trolling*
But I do! I'm sorry it boggles your mind that someone can be anti-Trump and be pro-Trump troll. It's called being pro-freedom of speech. I know you don't have it in the UK, but its something I've fought for, and its something I cherish.

What's the problem with this? CNN will respect his right to privacy unless there's a public interest in publishing his name. There will be should more anti-Semitic crap or calls to violence against journalists be created by him. Not a threat, just a statement of fact.
The threat isnt even veiled, they published it in an article for everyone to see. I cant imagine what the interview was like. Zero self awareness by CNN. Oh and anti-semitism is legal. Posting about it is legal. CNN has no right to censor it.

Heres the thing, hate speech is in fact protected speech here. That's kinda the whole point of having free speech.

You might not have noticed, but Han*******solo created the news. CNN reported it.
Trump created the news. Han just made the gif.
 
Are we ever going to return to the time when the loony far left and the criminally stupid far right go back into the shadows and let the center (aka the majority) fix this issue of partisan politics?
Liberal democracy and a plural economy? It came back after WW2, having suffered through the 30's and 40's. Make of that what you will.
 
Not from where I'm standing, but I live in Georgia where everyone is a toothless inbred hillbilly.

Your words.

But I do! I'm sorry it boggles your mind that someone can be anti-Trump and be pro-Trump troll. It's called being pro-freedom of speech. I know you don't have it in the UK, but its something I've fought for, and its something I cherish.

I'm not in the UK, and where I am, we enjoy freedom of speech as well as the responsibility that comes with it.

The threat isnt even veiled, they published it in an article for everyone to see. I cant imagine what the interview was like. Zero self awareness by CNN. Oh and anti-semitism is legal. Posting about it is legal. CNN has no right to censor it.

They didn't censor it. They didn't try to censor it. You are lying.

Heres the thing, hate speech is in fact protected speech here. That's kinda the whole point of having free speech.

And nobody from the gubmint is going to punish the little turd for speaking. You do understand that's what freedom of speech is, right? The right to speech without government intervention?

Trump created the news. Han just made the gif.

Alright, have it your way. Still defeats your argument.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom