You presented a list of emotions, which you claimed we can't detect. In fact, we can detect all of them. You were wrong, and your responses are growing increasingly irrelevant and inflammatory.
…and exactly how is it that I’m the one who’s being accused of stirring the septic material????? I don’t know if you noticed Pixy, but it was your lapdog who accused me of ‘staggering ignorance’ based entirely on a blatant and gross misrepresentation of a fundamental point.
IOW…he not only moved the goalposts off the field, he moved them to another planet entirely, and then proceeded to level an explicit accusation based on this gross misrepresentation.
…and then he goes on ad-infinitum defending the factual basis of this misrepresentation (while at the same time trying to constantly pretend that it never even took place) while failing to produce a shred of substantiating evidence for even this misrepresented position…
…and then when I not only explicitly expose this fraud but provide specific and substantial evidence to refute even his misrepresented position…AND I clearly document the whole amusing process…
…you somehow come to the conclusion that I am the one who is responsible for this mess????
Quote: All is jaundiced to the jaundiced eye.
BTW…we await the revelation of this miracle process that can, as you (and your pet) claimed, detect every word on that list.
As for me, I now have more substantial matters to attend to.
ETA: …but hang on a sec, I spoke to soon, the un-named one seems to have once again modified his position (if it could so generously be described as such a thing). He now presents us with this riveting insight:
Yes, we can detect all those things. Can we figure out exactly which chemical reaction is that specific emotion? No. Our instruments aren't fine enough. But we can detect it all the same.
Let’s break this down shall we: “Yes, we can detect all those things.” A statement which most any reader could quite understandably be expected to interpret to mean: “Yes, we can detect all those things.” …but once again, not a shred of evidence to back up this claim. Oh well, maybe Pixy will come through.
…and then we have: “Can we figure out exactly which chemical reaction is that specific emotion? No.” So it appears we can detect a torrent of things but we cannot distinguish any of them…or only some of them…or something. So basically, according to the first sentence, we can detect all these things…but according to the second, we don’t actually know if we’re detecting all these things since we can’t actually specifically identify what it is that we’re detecting. A claim to be detecting ‘all these things’ when we can’t specifically identify what it is that we are detecting is a contradiction to all but advanced intelligence….obviously. Still no evidence. Yawn.
…and then: “Our instruments aren't fine enough. But we can detect it all the same.” Ah, finally, clarity (or is it septic material…you be the judge). We can (once again) detect everything on that list, except our instruments aren’t fine enough to specifically tell us what it is we are detecting…but there is nothing at all inconsistent with this and still claiming that we can detect everything on that list. I’m just not sure about that….maybe I’ll try a different approach: We can detect it, but we can’t determine what it is that we’re detecting (because our instruments aren’t fine enough), but somehow we can definitively conclude that we are, in fact, detecting exactly that thing which we do not have the capacity to identify. dlorde….your parsing abilities are required here. Still no evidence.
Basically, Argent, your revelation boils down to this: We can detect that there is activity occurring in the brain (“yep…this dude is alive”)…all the items on that list theoretically occur in various parts of the brain…therefore we can confidently say that we have detected every single one of them.
Congratulations. Staggering
Ignorance Insight.
Explanation: Mail-order diploma.
Thanks for clearing that up Argent.
Need I point out that your theory contradicts Pixy’s assessment. You say we can’t detect everything in detail (although, in fairness, your position seems somewhat vague at times). Pixy says we can. Who’s actually right I wonder?