How, exactly, is it possible to ‘misunderstand’ the following.
Blatant misrepresentation: Intentionally ignored explicitly stated qualification
but insist that I am wrong anyway…that we can in fact test for these things in that explicit way that I described (which you continue to blatantly contradict with your endless variations)
…in which case you'll be expected to prove it. Meaning….evidence; as in: if you’re going to accuse someone of being staggeringly ignorant you’d better be prepared to back up your claim with something more than endless bald f’ing assertions. And if you can't prove it, then you'll be expected to withdraw the accusation.
Either:
a) We can detect all these things and annnnoid is staggeringly ignorant for suggesting that we cannot.
Or
b) We cannot detect these things as they are explicitly known to those who experience them (do you even have a clue what that means Argent?).
Evidence for my claim (besides the idiot Chomsky)
the indisputable fact that we have yet to develop even the ability to accurately adjudicate the existence of one of the most basic of human subjective conditions: a lie.
Oh, and the additional indisputable fact that if we had the ability to detect subjective states of consciousness as they are known to those who experience them it would radically transform the entire psychological profession (no more multi-year therapy sessions…the ‘tests’ can tell us all we need to know about what is going on in patient xyz)
Need I point out that your theory contradicts Pixy’s assessment. You say we can’t detect everything in detail (although, in fairness, your position seems somewhat vague at times). Pixy says we can. Who’s actually right I wonder?
Probably Pixy. I haven't done much reading on the subject in a while, and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if such machines had been invented since I last checked.
<snip previously-refuted nonsense>
So there’s only two possibilities Sherlock…either you noted the qualification but insist that I am wrong anyway…that we can in fact test for these things in that explicit way that I described (which you continue to blatantly contradict with your endless variations)…in which case you'll be expected to prove it. Meaning….evidence; as in: if you’re going to accuse someone of being staggeringly ignorant you’d better be prepared to back up your claim with something more than endless bald f’ing assertions. And if you can't prove it, then you'll be expected to withdraw the accusation.
…or you deliberately ignored the qualification and misrepresented the whole thing….but decided that you could just throw around accusations of “staggering ignorance” anyway because that’s what lapdogs do. In which case it will become crystal clear who the 'ignorant' one actually is.
So which is it?...or can we expect you to once again try and ‘strawman’ your way out of this one?
annnnoid, are you allergic to google scholar? You referred to "hypothetical" areas of the brain. The areas are known.
You want wisdom? its free, to those who can accept it.
To a wise man there are three sets here;
(reality,( those who are open to all experiences( those who are skeptics))).
How about I give you a few examples of things that are in no way shape or form detectable by any known scientific instrument.
Adoration, fondness, liking, attraction, caring, tenderness, compassion, sentimentality, Arousal, desire, lust, passion, infatuation, longing, Amusement, bliss, cheerfulness, gaiety, glee, jolliness, joviality, joy, delight, enjoyment, gladness, happiness, jubilation, elation, satisfaction, ecstasy, euphoria, Enthusiasm, zeal, zest, excitement, thrill, exhilaration, Contentment, pleasure, Pride, triumph, Eagerness, hope, optimism, Enthrallment, rapture, relief, Amazement, surprise, astonishment, Aggravation, irritation, agitation, annoyance, grouchiness, grumpiness, crosspatch, Exasperation, frustration, Anger, rage, outrage, fury, wrath, hostility, ferocity, bitterness, hate, scorn, spite, vengefullness, dislike, resentment, Disgust, revulsion, contempt, loathing, Envy, jealousy, torment, agony, suffering, hurt, anguish, Depression, despair, hopelessness, gloom, glumness, sadness, unhappiness, grief, sorrow, woe, misery, melancholy, Dismay, disappointment, displeasure, Guilt, shame, regret, remorse, Alienation, isolation, neglect, loneliness, rejection, homesickness, defeat, dejection, insecurity, embarrassment, humiliation, insult, Pity, sympathy, Alarm, shock, fear, fright, horror, terror, panic, hysteria, mortification, Anxiety, nervousness, tenseness, uneasiness, apprehension, worry, distress, dread.
What is the only reason anyone thinks any of these things are real? Because we experience them as being so.
Just think how many colors it would make if you dropped acid and cast a spell first.
Well, that is the best time to ask the colors their names.
Let’s go Pixy….we are still awaiting the revelation of this miracle process that can, as you (and your pet) claimed, detect every word on that list.
Evasion noted Argent.
Either Argent saw it and ignored it, or he simply decided to misrepresent it.
To whatever degree it matters….computers have yet to even achieve the ability to accurately adjudicate the meanings of written statements
…and here we have Pixy and the monkey suggesting that we have the ability to accurately adjudicate complex meaning that exists completely outside of virtually any ability we have to even detect it (…and then...far from providing evidence for this earth-shattering claim, they accuse me of ‘staggering ignorance’ for disputing it)? Because that is exactly what that statement means: To “detect these things as they are known to exist by those who experience them”…quite obviously does NOT mean to detect these things as they are known to exist to an MRI, or a CT, or an EEG, or any one of the many other scanning techniques available.
All of these tests have various limitations and require controlled conditions and complex interpretive paradigms to produce anything intelligible in the way of results.
As I said, we can’t even accurately detect a lie
Dear punshhh, I have some wisdom to offer you. I have used chaos magic based research, my telescope to speak, to come up with a great exercise that is specifically tailored for your spiritual needs. As such it will probably not work for anybody else.
Be that as it may, there are whole bucketloads of wisdom and experience waiting for you. If you are willing to accept it, that is.
All you need to do is to spend 2 hours daily to repeat the incantation "hooooo moooofoooo moooooofooooo" as loudly as you can, while being in a relatively populated place, such as the main street of the town you live in.
As the wise man that you are, I am sure that you will find great pleasure in exercising your openness to all kinds of experience.![]()
I cant do everything, only God can do that.
I am more open to experiences than skeptics who dont adopt an open mind to things which do not have a scientific explanation.
I know which set I would rather be in.
I cant do everything, only God can do that.
I am more open to experiences than skeptics who dont adopt an open mind to things which do not have a scientific explanation.
I know which set I would rather be in.
I cant do everything, only God can do that.
I am more open to experiences than skeptics who dont adopt an open mind to things which do not have a scientific explanation.
I know which set I would rather be in.
Only god can go "hoo moofoo" in a public place?
And anyway, it's not that skeptics have closed minds. Skeptics are providing several different explanations to seemingly paranormal phenomena, and pointing out we can't really be sure which one is true - so we shouldn't act like we do. The believers, on the other hand, have already decided exactly what caused their experience, and are completely closed off to any alternative explanations. Just see this thread for several examples.