• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Atlanta Klansman not as clever as he thought

When we come to accept as a culture that they are not safe, to the point where being illegally assaulted and harmed in prison is seen as part of the punishment, we have lost a fair bit of our moral compass as a society.

This man is guilty of a great many evil acts. If I lose a bit of my moral compass taking enjoyment out of the circumstances he put himself in, so be it. I've lost a bit of the moral compass, but I won't break one sweat trying to find it.
 
It's a nice fantasy, but probably won't happen.

I's sure the Aryan Brotherhood will stand up for him.

(or maybe not, with him being a "short eyes" and all)
Maybe they will if he has money to pay them. Which is what John Gotti did when he was alive and in prison.

Otherwise, unless you're in the AB you're on your own.
 
So it's not prison rape you find funny, it's the fact that he will be... raped in prison?

Can someone point out the distinction to me?

Prison rape isn't generally funny, but if it happens to a child rapist, then yea it's funny.
If it happens to a person whose crime was stealing candy bars, not so much.
 
So you're the one.

no, there's more than one of us who think he deserves better than that.

An eye for an eye. Plus the irony is priceless.

As Martin Luther king said, "The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind"

(and yes, it feels weird to use MLK when talking about the fate of a klansman)

There seems to be a body of thought that a crime isn't a crime if it happens to a prisoner, that anyone who is in prison deserves whatever is done to them in there, no matter who does it.

What makes this really weird is the fact that for this to be enjoyed you're not just enjoying and condoning the idea of a paedophile klansman being raped. You're enjoying and condoning the idea of someone committing rape and getting away with it.
 
The question is what gives us the right to, essentially, sentence someone to be sexually assaulted.

Conversely, what did his granddaughter do to be sentenced by her grandfather to sexual assault? What gave HIM the right to sexually assault her? Where were HER human rights? Where was HIS moral compass?

All he had to do was behave like a normal human being and not go around trying to sexually assault underage girls and he wouldn't be facing this conundrum of his human rights being violated. I have zero sympathy for whatever happens to him in prison and his fate is one that certainly would not want to share. And you know how I'll accomplish that? By not assaulting underage girls. By thinking of other people's rights and such...you know, behaving like a normal human being. I don't need Werner von Braun to draw me a diagram of how to do this.

Michael
 
Any more Old Testament wisdom to share with us? An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

I'm more inclined to enjoy the irony, truth be told. Forgive me if I don't shed a tear for someone like this. Being in the KKK is enough - but child raping?
 
As is your support of a child rapist.

While I may support the rights of people, even rapists, I never support rape.

You do.
That's right, you support and endorse one person raping another. It makes you happy.
 
As is your support of a child rapist.

how is saying "this person should not be raped" supporting a child rapist?

If anyone's supporting a rapist in this scenario, it's you, cheering on whoever it is who rapes the klansman.
 
You do.
That's right, you support and endorse one person raping another. It makes you happy.

In THIS case? A child rapist KKK member hypothetically getting raped by a big 'ol black dude?

You're damn right.
 
All he had to do was behave like a normal human being and not go around trying to sexually assault underage girls and he wouldn't be facing this conundrum of his human rights being violated.

I'm glad you believe that each individual gets to decide whether or not a person "deserves" to be raped -- that we don't need a justice process to decide which behaviors are appropriate and which are not.

Forgive me if I don't share your view that prisoners forgo their right to be treated humanely, or to have their punishments dictated by the law rather than by rapist thugs.
 
Three.

Rape is rape. It is a crime of violence. Creepy criminals convicted and sentenced to jail should serve their time without the threat of violence -- especially this sort of look-the-other-way unofficially state sanctioned violence.

I've no sympathy for the old creep. But the old creep should no more be raped than be raping. Wrong, violent and horrible outside of prison is still wrong, violent and horrible inside of prison -- the irony of the situation not withstanding.

I hoped as a society we are better than that. I'm saddened that we are not. The relative truth behind the "inevitability" of the likely prision rape comments are compounded by their basic, crass cruelty. If the state sanction for his crime is not enough...in terms of years, prison conditions and regime, or even punishment (i.e. say, the death penalty), than change the law. But what happens in prision should only be state sanctioned punishment. The rest is cruel, unusual and an admission that our socieity has failed.
 
Conversely, what did his granddaughter do to be sentenced by her grandfather to sexual assault?

Nothing. He deserves to go to jail for what he did.

What gave HIM the right to sexually assault her?

Nothing. He deserves to go to jail for what he did.

Where were HER human rights? Where was HIS moral compass?

All good points. He deserves to go to jail for what he did.

There's a difference between "he deserves to go to jail" and "he deserves to be raped in jail".

All he had to do was behave like a normal human being and not go around trying to sexually assault underage girls and he wouldn't be facing this conundrum of his human rights being violated. I have zero sympathy for whatever happens to him in prison and his fate is one that certainly would not want to share. And you know how I'll accomplish that? By not assaulting underage girls. By thinking of other people's rights and such...you know, behaving like a normal human being. I don't need Werner von Braun to draw me a diagram of how to do this.

so you're absolutely fine not just with anyone who gets sent to jail being raped but with anyone who gets sent to jail committing rape?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom