• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Atlanta Klansman not as clever as he thought

just so we're absolutely clear on this, there is no possible logical contradiction between these two positions:

Rape is wrong. If someone rapes someone else, they should be sent to jail.

Rape is wrong. We should do everything possible to stop people in jail being raped by other people in jail.
 
Rape is rape. It is a crime of violence.

So is getting punched in the face.

If a big dude comes up to a person and punches him in the face for no reason, that's not good.

If the same big dude punches a person who's just spent the last 1/2 hour giving the big dude the business, it's still illegal. But it's funny.

See the difference?
 
So is getting punched in the face.

If a big dude comes up to a person and punches him in the face for no reason, that's not good.

If the same big dude punches a person who's just spent the last 1/2 hour giving the big dude the business, it's still illegal. But it's funny.

See the difference?

what do you mean by "giving the big dude the business"?
 
Do you make that assessment every time you hear of a rape? Do you check to see if the rape victim met your criteria as deserving of rape before you condemn it?

Indeed, and it would seem to me that the notion, legally and morally, of rape and rape being a crime of violence automatically means that it is undeserved. So, deserving of punishment as this creep may be, rape is undeserved. Thus it is excessive, unjust and cruel.
 
Do you make that assessment every time you hear of a rape? Do you check to see if the rape victim met your criteria as deserving of rape before you condemn it?

Nope.

Good thing I'm not talking about 'rape' in general.

I'm referring specifically to this evil piece of trash.
 
it blows my goddamn mind that on a forum that supposedly encourages critical thinking there are people who think that rape is sometimes acceptable.
 
Well, I wouldn't sentence him to be raped in prison, but if a rape happens to him in prison, I won't cry about it.

I don't think people should be violently assaulted either, but if he walked through a predominantly black neighborhood while loudly disparaging blacks, I would take delight in seeing him get beat up.

He caused the situation, and if prison rape happens to him, so be it.
 
That ship sailed long ago. It's never coming back.

And, so, we just give up? Complacency with cruelty and barbaric behavior, is that really the society you want to live in? You find it all so lost that you would do nothing to improve it?
 
it blows my goddamn mind that on a forum that supposedly encourages critical thinking there are people who think that rape is sometimes acceptable.

It's never acceptable. But if it happens to this person, and I find out about it, I'll laugh at his ironic misfortune.
 
I don't find think it's acceptable, per se. But it will happen to him, and he will have to accept it.
 
And, so, we just give up? Complacency with cruelty and barbaric behavior, is that really the society you want to live in? You find it all so lost that you would do nothing to improve it?


What the hell can I do to change it, when we have (expletive deleted) idiots like Nancy Grace whipping America into a fury so bad that someone was almost murdered for looking like Casey Anthony???

What can I do?
 
I don't think anyone here has said he should be raped, just that they won't feel sympathy for him.
 
It's never acceptable. But if it happens to this person, and I find out about it, I'll laugh at his ironic misfortune.

sounds an awful lot like you're accepting it to me. You seem to be enjoying the fact that it's happening.
 
Lord, cry me a hypothetical river for this poor guy and what might hypothetically happen to him in the place society has set aside for those we don't want amongst us.
 
What the hell can I do to change it, when we have (expletive deleted) idiots like Nancy Grace whipping America into a fury so bad that someone was almost murdered for looking like Casey Anthony???

What can I do?

You can donate to or volunteer for charities that campaign for prison reform, such as http://www.justdetention.org/

You can also decide to view a crime as a crime, not an amusing piece of comedy just because it happens to someone you find repugnant.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom