• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

TAM XII/2014 roll call

[table=head]Forum Name|Real Name (optional)|Arrival Date & Time|How|Departure Date & Time|How|Notes
AdMan|Erik|Jul 8|TBD|JUL 14|TBD|Maybe TAMbassador again--I've still got the button
Allecher|Lei|July 9|TBD|July 14|TBD|
Andriiya|Andrea|July Something|Winged Tube|July Something|Winged Tube|Damn, I was gonna buy Scrut a beer this year.
AZAtheist|Don Lacey|Jul 10|Thunderbird|Jul 14 (AM)|Flying Low|8th one! Check out my blog: AZAtheist.com
CarbonKyle|Kyle Sanders|9 July|Nonstop!|14 July|Hungover|Manning a Carbon Dating booth
Dicon|David|Jul 10||Jul 14||Zipline!
Ed Baehr|Ed Baehr|July 8|Air|July 17|Air|I will gladly TAMbassador but alas I am buttonless
Kil|David Glück|July 9|Air (I hope)|July 14|Air (I hope)|TAMbassador again
Kochanski|ninja|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
LarianLeQuella|Steve Lundquist|July 8 10:45 PM|US Airways #419|July 14 9:25 AM|US Airways #2744|B Sharp
Ozmanda|Amanda Devaus|July 9|Air|July 14|Air|Representing for the Aussies
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos|really?|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
SkepticScott|Scott Romanowski|July 9 or 10||July 16||
skyhar8000|Steve Bauer|||||Hasn't missed a stateside TAM yet. May be old.
Soymilk420|Jamie Foley|July 9|greyhound probably|July 14|Same|Vegan pizza & Donut party TBA
TubbaBlubba|Leonad "L.C." Nielsen|July 9th|Flight|July 14th|Swimming|The Return of Class
Wowbagger|Mitch Lampert|July 9 (Early)|Lutece Field|July 13 (Late)|Hitchhiking|TAMbassador with both buttons saved
xenxabar|Aaron|July 9|SWA|July 14|SWA|Beef Jerky
[/table]
 
Those who are First TAMers:

1. At TAM, look for the folks with "TAMbassador" buttons. They are willing to answer any questions you might have!
The buttons will be designed to stand out in the crowd. (Likely large and orange colored, but the final design is coming soon.)

2. You can also pick up a free "First TAMer" button at the JREF Forum booth, while supplies last, if you'd like. It's a way to encourage more people to be sociable with you.

Thanks for that. I'm a little hesitant about the whole thing. I don't 'do well' with large groups so this is a bit of a big leap for me. Anything to make it easier will be good.

Mark
 
Thanks for that. I'm a little hesitant about the whole thing. I don't 'do well' with large groups so this is a bit of a big leap for me. Anything to make it easier will be good.

Mark


Perhaps someone will come up with an event for singles and/or newbies. ;)

Just kidding, ZMP--that was just a memorable thread. You and your group will likely feel more than welcome. Make sure you head to the Del Mar Lounge, where many TAMmers meet and congregate outside of the conference sessions, and if you can, try to join some of the extracurricular activities that will likely be planned around TAM. Keep an eye on this subforum for those threads. Looking forward to meeting you. :)
 
[table=head]Forum Name|Real Name (optional)|Arrival Date & Time|How|Departure Date & Time|How|Notes
AdMan|Erik|Jul 8|TBD|JUL 14|TBD|Maybe TAMbassador again--I've still got the button
Allecher|Lei|July 9|TBD|July 14|TBD|
Andriiya|Andrea|July Something|Winged Tube|July Something|Winged Tube|Damn, I was gonna buy Scrut a beer this year.
AZAtheist|Don Lacey|Jul 10|Thunderbird|Jul 14 (AM)|Flying Low|8th one! Check out my blog: AZAtheist.com
CarbonKyle|Kyle Sanders|9 July|Nonstop!|14 July|Hungover|Manning a Carbon Dating booth
dasmillr|Mark|Jul 8|Convertible|Jul 13|hopefully the same|
Dicon|David|Jul 10||Jul 14||Zipline!
Ed Baehr|Ed Baehr|July 8|Air|July 17|Air|I will gladly TAMbassador but alas I am buttonless
Kil|David Glück|July 9|Air (I hope)|July 14|Air (I hope)|TAMbassador again
Kochanski|ninja|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
LarianLeQuella|Steve Lundquist|July 8 10:45 PM|US Airways #419|July 14 9:25 AM|US Airways #2744|B Sharp
Ozmanda|Amanda Devaus|July 9|Air|July 14|Air|Representing for the Aussies
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos|really?|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
SkepticScott|Scott Romanowski|July 9 or 10||July 16||
skyhar8000|Steve Bauer|||||Hasn't missed a stateside TAM yet. May be old.
Soymilk420|Jamie Foley|July 9|greyhound probably|July 14|Same|Vegan pizza & Donut party TBA
TubbaBlubba|Leonad "L.C." Nielsen|July 9th|Flight|July 14th|Swimming|The Return of Class
Wowbagger|Mitch Lampert|July 9 (Early)|Lutece Field|July 13 (Late)|Hitchhiking|TAMbassador with both buttons saved
xenxabar|Aaron|July 9|SWA|July 14|SWA|Beef Jerky
[/table]

I'm in. I think.
 
Not until you remove the QUOTE tags, you're not!!

d'oh!

[table=head]Forum Name|Real Name (optional)|Arrival Date & Time|How|Departure Date & Time|How|Notes
AdMan|Erik|Jul 8|TBD|JUL 14|TBD|Maybe TAMbassador again--I've still got the button
Allecher|Lei|July 9|TBD|July 14|TBD|
Andriiya|Andrea|July Something|Winged Tube|July Something|Winged Tube|Damn, I was gonna buy Scrut a beer this year.
AZAtheist|Don Lacey|Jul 10|Thunderbird|Jul 14 (AM)|Flying Low|8th one! Check out my blog: AZAtheist.com
CarbonKyle|Kyle Sanders|9 July|Nonstop!|14 July|Hungover|Manning a Carbon Dating booth
dasmillr|Mark|Jul 8|Convertible|Jul 13|hopefully the same
Dicon|David|Jul 10||Jul 14||Zipline!
Ed Baehr|Ed Baehr|July 8|Air|July 17|Air|I will gladly TAMbassador but alas I am buttonless
Kil|David Glück|July 9|Air (I hope)|July 14|Air (I hope)|TAMbassador again
Kochanski|ninja|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
LarianLeQuella|Steve Lundquist|July 8 10:45 PM|US Airways #419|July 14 9:25 AM|US Airways #2744|B Sharp
Ozmanda|Amanda Devaus|July 9|Air|July 14|Air|Representing for the Aussies
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos|really?|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
SkepticScott|Scott Romanowski|July 9 or 10||July 16||
skyhar8000|Steve Bauer|||||Hasn't missed a stateside TAM yet. May be old.
Soymilk420|Jamie Foley|July 9|greyhound probably|July 14|Same|Vegan pizza & Donut party TBA
TubbaBlubba|Leonad "L.C." Nielsen|July 9th|Flight|July 14th|Swimming|The Return of Class
Wowbagger|Mitch Lampert|July 9 (Early)|Lutece Field|July 13 (Late)|Hitchhiking|TAMbassador with both buttons saved
xenxabar|Aaron|July 9|SWA|July 14|SWA|Beef Jerky
[/table]
 
[table=head]Forum Name|Real Name (optional)|Arrival Date & Time|How|Departure Date & Time|How|Notes
AdMan|Erik|Jul 8|TBD|JUL 14|TBD|Maybe TAMbassador again--I've still got the button
Allecher|Lei|July 9|TBD|July 14|TBD|
Andriiya|Andrea|July Something|Winged Tube|July Something|Winged Tube|Damn, I was gonna buy Scrut a beer this year.
AZAtheist|Don Lacey|Jul 10|Thunderbird|Jul 14 (AM)|Flying Low|8th one! Check out my blog: AZAtheist.com
Baloney|Mark Patrick White|July 8 (930pm)|Spirit in the Sky|July 14 (11pm)|The airline makes you wanna die|Now with more board games!
CarbonKyle|Kyle Sanders|9 July|Nonstop!|14 July|Hungover|Manning a Carbon Dating booth
dasmillr|Mark|Jul 8|Convertible|Jul 13|hopefully the same
Dicon|David|Jul 10||Jul 14||Zipline!
Ed Baehr|Ed Baehr|July 8|Air|July 17|Air|I will gladly TAMbassador but alas I am buttonless
Kil|David Glück|July 9|Air (I hope)|July 14|Air (I hope)|TAMbassador again
Kochanski|ninja|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
LarianLeQuella|Steve Lundquist|July 8 10:45 PM|US Airways #419|July 14 9:25 AM|US Airways #2744|B Sharp
Ozmanda|Amanda Devaus|July 9|Air|July 14|Air|Representing for the Aussies
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos|really?|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
SkepticScott|Scott Romanowski|July 9 or 10||July 16||
skyhar8000|Steve Bauer|||||Hasn't missed a stateside TAM yet. May be old.
Soymilk420|Jamie Foley|July 9|greyhound probably|July 14|Same|Vegan pizza & Donut party TBA
TubbaBlubba|Leonad "L.C." Nielsen|July 9th|Flight|July 14th|Swimming|The Return of Class
Wowbagger|Mitch Lampert|July 9 (Early)|Lutece Field|July 13 (Late)|Hitchhiking|TAMbassador with both buttons saved
xenxabar|Aaron|July 9|SWA|July 14|SWA|Beef Jerky
[/table]
 
Oh hey. I forgot to mention that I did get my room changed with a phone call. And the person at reservations who took my call was surprised that I was only offered rooms in smoking at SP online room reservations. Good thing too because I will have a roommate who does not tolerate smoking at all.
 
Oh hey. I forgot to mention that I did get my room changed with a phone call. And the person at reservations who took my call was surprised that I was only offered rooms in smoking at SP online room reservations. Good thing too because I will have a roommate who does not tolerate smoking at all.


The online reservation system was a bit wonky at first, at least when using the TAM code. Hopefully they've got that sorted by now.

Glad you got the room you wanted.
 
[table=head]Forum Name|Real Name (optional)|Arrival Date & Time|How|Departure Date & Time|How|Notes
AdMan|Erik|Jul 8|TBD|JUL 14|TBD|Maybe TAMbassador again--I've still got the button
Allecher|Lei|July 9|TBD|July 14|TBD|
Andriiya|Andrea|July Something|Winged Tube|July Something|Winged Tube|Damn, I was gonna buy Scrut a beer this year.
AZAtheist|Don Lacey|Jul 10|Thunderbird|Jul 14 (AM)|Flying Low|8th one! Check out my blog: AZAtheist.com
Baloney|Mark Patrick White|July 8 (930pm)|Spirit in the Sky|July 14 (11pm)|The airline makes you wanna die|Now with more board games!
CarbonKyle|Kyle Sanders|9 July|Nonstop!|14 July|Hungover|Manning a Carbon Dating booth
dasmillr|Mark|Jul 8|Convertible|Jul 13|hopefully the same
Dicon|David|Jul 10||Jul 14||Zipline!
Ed Baehr|Ed Baehr|July 8|Air|July 17|Air|I will gladly TAMbassador but alas I am buttonless
Kil|David Glück|July 9|Air (I hope)|July 14|Air (I hope)|TAMbassador again
Kochanski|ninja|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
LarianLeQuella|Steve Lundquist|July 8 10:45 PM|US Airways #419|July 14 9:25 AM|US Airways #2744|B Sharp
Ozmanda|Amanda Devaus|July 9|Air|July 14|Air|Representing for the Aussies
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos|really?|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
SkepticScott|Scott Romanowski|July 9 or 10||July 16||
skyhar8000|Steve Bauer|||||Hasn't missed a stateside TAM yet. May be old.
Soymilk420|Jamie Foley|July 9|greyhound probably|July 14|Same|Vegan pizza & Donut party TBA
TubbaBlubba|Leonad "L.C." Nielsen|July 9th|Flight|July 14th|Swimming|The Return of Class
Wowbagger|Mitch Lampert|July 9 (Early)|Lutece Field|July 13 (Late)|Hitchhiking|TAMbassador with both buttons saved
xenxabar|Aaron|July 9|SWA|July 14|SWA|Beef Jerky
xinit|Richard Murray|July 9 ~noon|WJ1116|July 15 ~noon|WJ1117|Bringing the cause of last year's absence with me for his early 1st birthday party
[/table]
 
[table=head]Forum Name|Real Name (optional)|Arrival Date & Time|How|Departure Date & Time|How|Notes
AdMan|Erik|Jul 8|TBD|JUL 14|TBD|Maybe TAMbassador again--I've still got the button
Allecher|Lei|July 9|TBD|July 14|TBD|
Andriiya|Andrea|July Something|Winged Tube|July Something|Winged Tube|Damn, I was gonna buy Scrut a beer this year.
AZAtheist|Don Lacey|Jul 10|Thunderbird|Jul 14 (AM)|Flying Low|8th one! Check out my blog: AZAtheist.com
Baloney|Mark Patrick White|July 8 (930pm)|Spirit in the Sky|July 14 (11pm)|The airline makes you wanna die|Now with more board games!
CarbonKyle|Kyle Sanders|9 July|Nonstop!|14 July|Hungover|Manning a Carbon Dating booth
dasmillr|Mark|Jul 8|Convertible|Jul 13|hopefully the same
Dicon|David|Jul 10||Jul 14||Zipline!
Ed Baehr|Ed Baehr|July 8|Air|July 17|Air|I will gladly TAMbassador but alas I am buttonless
Kil|David Glück|July 9|Air (I hope)|July 14|Air (I hope)|TAMbassador again
Kochanski|ninja|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
LarianLeQuella|Steve Lundquist|July 8 10:45 PM|US Airways #419|July 14 9:25 AM|US Airways #2744|B Sharp
Ozmanda|Amanda Devaus|July 9|Air|July 14|Air|Representing for the Aussies
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos|really?|July 9|air|July 14|air|TAMbassador, too
SkepticScott|Scott Romanowski|July 9 or 10||July 16||
skyhar8000|Steve Bauer|||||Hasn't missed a stateside TAM yet. May be old.
Soymilk420|Jamie Foley|July 9|greyhound probably|July 14|Same|Vegan pizza & Donut party TBA
The Central Scrutinizer|Elliot Rodgers|July 10|SWA|July 14|SWA|My 14th TAM. Also, World Cup baby!!!! (Usually arrive Wed, this year is looking like Thur)
TubbaBlubba|Leonad "L.C." Nielsen|July 9th|Flight|July 14th|Swimming|The Return of Class
Wowbagger|Mitch Lampert|July 9 (Early)|Lutece Field|July 13 (Late)|Hitchhiking|TAMbassador with both buttons saved
xenxabar|Aaron|July 9|SWA|July 14|SWA|Beef Jerky
xinit|Richard Murray|July 9 ~noon|WJ1116|July 15 ~noon|WJ1117|Bringing the cause of last year's absence with me for his early 1st birthday party
[/table]
 
Last edited:
Thanks for that. I'm a little hesitant about the whole thing. I don't 'do well' with large groups so this is a bit of a big leap for me. Anything to make it easier will be good.

Mark
Mark, I think you will find you will be amongst similar types. I am going for the 2nd time and I am not good around people either. I am already feeling the anxiety, even though I am also looking forward to it.

If you see a jetlagged Aussie redhead floating around, please say hi and I will buy you a drink:)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom