• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moneymakin'! The BFRO Bigfoot Expeditions Thread.

I'm not talking about making a report to your friendly neighborhood BFRO or SRA site, I'm talking about telling your poker buddies or the members of your church. If you actually think that folks don't get ridiculed, then try it yourself. Do your own experiment and see what it's like. Create a new user on this site and post something and see how it's accepted.

You will be banned.
 
^^ This site is not the same thing as your poker buddies or the members of your church. Not a very apt comparison.

I think the rewards for lying about bigfoot don't come from your poker buddies or your church members. They come from the bigfoot community. And the liars know this. Finding Bigfoot ( as alluded to by Shrike) shows us that there is not really a shortage of folks looking to talk lay claim to a bigfoot sighting. This is done weekly on national tv and in front of a town hall full of community members. Some of whom must surely be church members or maybe even poker buddies.

No, I do not buy the noble martyrdom of the poor bigfoot witness who just needs to unburden the soul to the ridicule of the world. That is BS.

Hmm, I must be doing it wrong because I'm obviously missing out on these rewards you speak of.
 
You will be banned.

Curses! You've stumbled across my evil plan to trick all the members of the JREF forum into being banned and I will be able to take over the world. And I would have gotten away with it if it we're for you meddling kids!

Seriously though. Wasn't trying to get anyone in trouble. Just trying to make a point. Sorry.
 
Hmm, I must be doing it wrong because I'm obviously missing out on these rewards you speak of.


Really? You're a member at the BFF as well as here. You don't find that having your own sighting is a valuable currency there? It certainly is from what I can tell. You belong to a bigfoot org, SRA I believe, I can't imagine your alleged sighting goes over poorly with that lot either.
 
Really? You're a member at the BFF as well as here. You don't find that having your own sighting is a valuable currency there? It certainly is from what I can tell. You belong to a bigfoot org, SRA I believe, I can't imagine your alleged sighting goes over poorly with that lot either.

No, it's doesn't go over poorly, but it doesn't do anything for me either. The BFF is a just another faceless forum with a wide variety of personalities and opinions, just like here.

The SRA is different because it's a group of people I have come to know over the years but my story doesn't hold me in a higher regard than those who haven't had experiences.

The currency, as you call it, in the community does not come from a sighting, because that is usually random and ephemeral. It does come to those with the brass monkeys that go out into the field to learn as much as possible about these enigmas.
 
The currency, as you call it, in the community does not come from a sighting, because that is usually random and ephemeral. It does come to those with the brass monkeys that go out into the field to learn as much as possible about these enigmas.

This is self-congratulation of course. And I suppose you'll garner kudos from your fellow researchers as well.

I would like to know what you're learning about these enigmas. Specifically, what sort of knowledge are you gaining about something that's never been reliably observed? Anywhere. It's all campfire story and no monkey as far as that goes. Further, the brass monkeys seemingly belong to those who blatantly go on and on about "boogers" and "Big Reds" and bigfoot junior jumping on the trampoline. Takes big ones to try and pass this crap off.

What sort of brass monkeys do you need to camp on someone's second-growth back 120?

ETA: Sorry if this seems a little harsh but the brass monkey field work bit is overdone in the bigfoot community.
 
Last edited:
NL, don't you feel any personal responsibility to inform law enforcement that there are 9 foot apes in the woods? There could have been people killed or kidnapped by them. That is a major creature and surely lethal.

The authorities could find the lair of the Bigfoots and see if they killed or captured any people. It seems irresponsible to not relentlessly petition authorities to acknowledge and to act.
 
NL, don't you feel any personal responsibility to inform law enforcement that there are 9 foot apes in the woods? There could have been people killed or kidnapped by them. That is a major creature and surely lethal.

The authorities could find the lair of the Bigfoots and see if they killed or captured any people. It seems irresponsible to not relentlessly petition authorities to acknowledge and to act.

I thought we had gotten past the condescension and belittlement, guess I was wrong.
 
NL, don't you feel any personal responsibility to inform law enforcement that there are 9 foot apes in the woods? There could have been people killed or kidnapped by them. That is a major creature and surely lethal.

The authorities could find the lair of the Bigfoots and see if they killed or captured any people. It seems irresponsible to not relentlessly petition authorities to acknowledge and to act.

I thought we had gotten past the condescension and belittlement, guess I was wrong.

So no call to the police.

If you saw a tiger would you call the police?

Game, set, and match to William Parcher.

Go forth and lie no more Northern Lights.
 
Last edited:
It does come to those with the brass monkeys that go out into the field to learn as much as possible about these enigmas.

Assuming "brass monkeys" is slang for testicles and "testicles" is slang for some approximation of manliness, then you have just contradicted yourself and illustrated my point. Your willingness to participate in bigfootery makes you more of a man in the eyes of your social set, i.e., the SRA, then the people who do not share in that game. What greater ego-stroke could there be for a man than to be thought of as extra-manly?
 
Assuming "brass monkeys" is slang for testicles and "testicles" is slang for some approximation of manliness, then you have just contradicted yourself and illustrated my point. Your willingness to participate in bigfootery makes you more of a man in the eyes of your social set, i.e., the SRA, then the people who do not share in that game. What greater ego-stroke could there be for a man than to be thought of as extra-manly?

I just want to know what he's learning about a creature he's only seen (allegedly) via a sketchy thermal.
 
Last edited:
Assuming "brass monkeys" is slang for testicles and "testicles" is slang for some approximation of manliness, then you have just contradicted yourself and illustrated my point. Your willingness to participate in bigfootery makes you more of a man in the eyes of your social set, i.e., the SRA, then the people who do not share in that game. What greater ego-stroke could there be for a man than to be thought of as extra-manly?

Most importantly - Northern Lights has this illusion about himself!
Talk about stroking your own ego! :D
 
I can't think of anything more tedious and boring than sitting out in the woods waiting on something to happen. The fact that you expect bigfoot would predispose you to interpreting bigfoot with every pine cone falling from a tree, every fox call, every woodpecker knocking on wood.....there just comes a time when you have to question, "Where's the poop?" I mean has anyone ever claimed to hear a bigfoot fart? If they eat that much vegetation it's bound to happen.
 
Hmm, I must be doing it wrong because I'm obviously missing out on these rewards you speak of.


Maybe because your stories are lame-o. Come on, dude. They need to be juicy. Anybody can tell yarns about blobby whatsamajiggers and feeling faint. Work in some infrasound zapping, glowing red eyes, pig throwing, rock attacks and stuff. Bared fangs and roaring always goes over well. To stand out from the also rans you gotta have some action.
 
I just want to know what he's learning about a creature he's only seen (allegedly) via a sketchy thermal.

Let me guess how this will transpire. I will say something like "we know they store food for the winter." and you'll say "how do you know that?" and I'll say "because we've found a cache of corn in a densely wooded region that was almost 6 feet high", and you'll say "BS", and round and round we'll go. Sound about right?

Most importantly - Northern Lights has this illusion about himself!
Talk about stroking your own ego! :D

Guilty as charged.

Maybe because your stories are lame-o. Come on, dude. They need to be juicy. Anybody can tell yarns about blobby whatsamajiggers and feeling faint. Work in some infrasound zapping, glowing red eyes, pig throwing, rock attacks and stuff. Bared fangs and roaring always goes over well. To stand out from the also rans you gotta have some action.

I guess if I were making this stuff up, then it would be more titillating, but just passing along what I have witnessed.
 
"because we've found a cache of corn in a densely wooded region that was almost 6 feet high"

Look for poop full of undigested dried corn and it will lead you to a malnourished Bigfoot. Look for his private lair too because it will be very close to his dried corn pantry.


I guess if I were making this stuff up, then it would be more titillating, but just passing along what I have witnessed.

If Roger Patterson was making it up he would have made it more titillating by telling people he tracked Patty for 3.5 miles when he didn't actually do that. So I guess you are right.
 
So no call to the police.

If you saw a tiger would you call the police?

Sorry about being a bit snippy with post 288, was dealing with some personal stuff last night.

No, I didn't call the police but we have been in contact with our local DNR officer and have had many conversations as to why we're out there and what we are doing. They are mildly amused but have only asked to be informed when we intend to be in the area and have no interest in our findings.

Regarding the tiger, not sure what I would do if I saw one. I would probably call 911.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom