• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Bigfoot DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
........ Bigfoot has been moved from remotely possible to completely comical with this brilliant endeavor. .....

Well, I wouldn't argue, but I would rather say that she has made it even harder for the next person who tries to prove BF exists through anything other than the presentation of a cadaver.

I don't care what Bryan Sykes produces in terms of results, but the contrast between what will be a properly written science paper and MK's effort will be delicious.

Mike
 
Funniest stuff ever: Check out the #DeNovoVol1Issue2 hashtag at Twitter.

Proposed papers for Issue two of DeNovo
 
But there are Ketchum critics I hope.

Am I correct in that hope?

Yes, sorry if I was ambiguous about that. Resident skeptics are appropriately skewering it, just not me 'cause I'm just too busy this week. Other members seem non-plussed or disillusioned, and some folks are thinking there must be *something* there of note, but agree that the whole thing is pretty sketchy. I haven't seen any Ketchum champions in the comments there, so I wonder where this thing is actually getting any positive play.
 
Here's a sample.

"Comparative epigenomics of vampires, werewolves, and zombies"

Um, to have epigenomics wouldn't you have to have identified living cells to do the research on? Or is this just one of those speculative things like when you and the rest of your medical school roommates are having a bull session at three in the morning? Because I gotta say I've always enjoyed those bull sessions but no one really takes what was said seriously the next day.
 
.........so I wonder where this thing is actually getting any positive play.

I guess you'd probably have to go to her Facebook friends for that. Or maybe around MK's breakfast table.
 
Last edited:
Um, to have epigenomics wouldn't you have to have identified living cells to do the research on? Or is this just one of those speculative things like when you and the rest of your medical school roommates are having a bull session at three in the morning? Because I gotta say I've always enjoyed those bull sessions but no one really takes what was said seriously the next day.

It's BigFoot ~ Anything about it is a joke as most here know, anyone that takes this crap seriously or thinks we here do, needs to be kicked by a bull.

Tim :)
 
Last edited:
Funniest stuff ever: Check out the #DeNovoVol1Issue2 hashtag at Twitter.

Proposed papers for Issue two of DeNovo

now THAT is SOME....FUNNY....ess aitch eye tea !!!
Darth Osler ‏@autolycos

Editorial:Proposing official acceptance of "Pew Pew" as legitimate laser firing sound for lab safety #DeNovoVol1Issue2
 
Last edited:
DeNovo, celebrating its 11th day of existence, now fleshes out its referee link, and tells us in English-as-a-1.2nd-language that there is a (emphasis added):

DeNovo Publishing and Genomics Foundation
(who knew there was a foundation?) that
primarily focuses its research efforts on biology, genetics, science and research.
I think it is good to focus research efforts on research. I could be wrong (vide infra).
Instructions for Referees

Publishing on DeNovo – accelerating science
________________________________________________________

Open Peer Review:​​​​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​​​​
The following items need reviews from experts. If you have expertise, please rate and comment on people’s work to help others interpret it. To write a review, simply click the link below of the submission you chose / desire to review. Once you have completed your review- click here.

No Manuscripts currently available for review

Blind / Closed Peer Review Process:

Desire to become a Peer Reviewer for Closed Peer Reviewed articles?

Understand that we seek out those peer reviewers who can provide the greatest expertise in a wide range of disciplines. We also must ensure there is not a conflict of interest between you and any article being submitted for closed peer review. If you feel you would be a candidate- contact us.

It is perhaps just as well that there are currently no 'needy" "items." I, for one, do not choose/desire, desire, or understand. I also think that, for the present, the Foundation should focus its research on the use of apostrophes and capitalization, the meaning of "tautology," and other aspects of English usage. This would perhaps allow the Foundation to, you know, more closely imitate an actual scientific organization/journal. I could be wrong.
 
Last edited:
It's not really a bad site if you were just messing around and wanted a web page to show off your stuff or are just practicing building one, but for what is supposed to be a professional site to attract scientists, etc, it doesn't even come close, some of the footers web sites blow that site away, if anyone falls for that they deserve what they get for being so naive and dam right stupid, but we are talking about BF so I guess stupid fits right in ~

Tim :)
 
It's not really a bad site if you were just messing around and wanted a web page to show off your stuff or are just practicing building one, but for what is supposed to be a professional site to attract scientists, etc, it doesn't even come close, some of the footers web sites blow that site away, if anyone falls for that they deserve what they get for being so naive and dam right stupid, but we are talking about BF so I guess stupid fits right in ~

Tim :)

The website is almost like an Onion parody of a science journal, but without the wit, humor, intelligence, irony or insight. Not to mention science.

In other words, what one might expect from Melba Ketchum (DVM).
 
She was too broke to hire someone to do something a bit more professional looking? This is so sad.
 
I'll call it "No Shame Footin" she took in so much cash and this is what she gives back for a product, this is either a scam within a scam within a hoax or it is bordering on criminal, I know we live in a great country and our free speech and rights are protected, but ain't this kinda like an internet scam set up just for profit.

That site reminds me of this ad ~~~

Build a Remarkable Website with SiteBuilder!
Choose from hundreds of site designs
Customize it to fit your business
Show the world and get more customers

Starter
Build your website with SiteBuilder
$4.99/mo

After this last storm and 5 days without power I really needed a laugh. "Thanks Melba you made me laugh again just when I needed it"


Tim ~ lol
 
So let's see, Smeja caps off a couple of bf's and holds the baby-foot in his arms as it dies. Why not bring poor baby-foot back with you? I mean, you had in your arms. Just run with it, but noooooooooooo. He leaves it there. Why? You already took down some, why be afraid to notch your gun with some more? He's on a roll. I seen this train wreck coming for weeks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom