• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cooking?

Bacon should never be steamed, boiled or baked.

I am veg. but I think its processing is one kind of its cooking.

I think Other species eating raw foods, other than fully riped foods are more acidic or need more efforts of GUT to digest.
 
Then the answer is "anything that cooks it to the degree that that particular food needs to be cooked". If you're talking about lettuce, then it doesn't need any cooking. If you're talking about chicken, then it needs thorough cooking.

Perhaps you should be more specific about what particular foods and what particular methods of cooking you think are problematic, and why.

Thanks.

I think gas formation and indigestion sensation is felt by a person in normal health from not fully riped or not fully cooked foods. It is another consideration that one may be able to adjust and tolerate these whereas others not.
 
Yes not directly. But if any food is improperly cooked/matured, it may cause some abnormality in GUT and in which may cause undue load on our defence mechanism. Few theories (Dibetes start in intestines) suggest that it may be a reason to getting IR/type2.;)


Please refer to the answers you were given in all the previous threads you have started about diabetes.
 
I am veg. but I think its processing is one kind of its cooking.

I think Other species eating raw foods, other than fully riped foods are more acidic or need more efforts of GUT to digest.

As far as digestion is concerned, stomach acids start off the process of protein digestion. And that doesn't end in the stomach. So stomach acidity is less relevant to herbivores.

But with many cooked foods the process of cooking softens the food and makes it more amenable to becoming finely-divided in the gut (through chewing or plain disintegration). The finer it is the more surface area it presents to digestive enzymes.

Cooking also changes the cellulose coating of some plant-based foods, a coating which is very resistant to human digestion. I'd imagine that soy beans swallowed intact would pass through undigested (though that's a guess).
 
I think gas formation and indigestion sensation is felt by a person in normal health from not fully riped or not fully cooked foods.

Based on what research?

And I ask you again to be more specific about what foods and methods of cooking you think are problematic and why.
 
Sorry I meant, Need more acid to be fully digested. You can also take as, need more efforts by GUT to be fully justified as acid is not the only biochemical needed for proper digestion.



By grand unified theory?
 
As far as digestion is concerned, stomach acids start off the process of protein digestion. And that doesn't end in the stomach. So stomach acidity is less relevant to herbivores.


But with many cooked foods the process of cooking softens the food and makes it more amenable to becoming finely-divided in the gut (through chewing or plain disintegration). The finer it is the more surface area it presents to digestive enzymes.
T
hanks.

I think digestion of protien also release other constutuets present in foods, so also cause digestion of these(their breakdown also occur or not?) Therefore many minerals--iron, Ca etc. are related to stomach acids. It is side affect of antacids.


Cooking also changes the cellulose coating of some plant-based foods, a coating which is very resistant to human digestion. I'd imagine that soy beans swallowed intact would pass through undigested (though that's a guess).

Yes.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom