• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Apollo "hoax" discussion / Lick observatory laser saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who read my work on Apollo images of Earth and satellite meteorology, you may be interested to know that in order to maintain my position as the only leading expert on Apollo images of Earth and satellite meteorology I have added a significant update.

Apart from adding a few extra images to existing missions (notably a front page of an Ohio newspaper from July 17 1969 showing a photo from the previous day's TV broadcast). I have added a section on the unmanned and LEO missions Apollos 4, 6, 7 & 9.

The main reason for this was that someone claimed Apollo 9 was faked, and challenged me to find the location of a couple of Apollo 9 pictures showing just a few wisps of cloud above an ocean.

Naturally I was able to do this using things conspiracy theorists lack: evidence and thorough research :D

So, in the interests of shameless self publicity and aggrandisement, please find for your entertainment the updated version here http://www.scribd.com/doc/76882844/Clouds-Across-the-Moon

If people do not wish to use scribd, I have also uploaded it here http://www.sendspace.com/file/jfeqi8

145Mb

Hopefully I haven't made too many errors or wild claims in it.

Feel free to pass it on wherever you think it will do some good. I am particularly keen on all-expenses-paid trips to conferences and conventions.
 
For those of you who read my work on Apollo images of Earth and satellite meteorology, you may be interested to know that in order to maintain my position as the only leading expert on Apollo images of Earth and satellite meteorology I have added a significant update.

Apart from adding a few extra images to existing missions (notably a front page of an Ohio newspaper from July 17 1969 showing a photo from the previous day's TV broadcast). I have added a section on the unmanned and LEO missions Apollos 4, 6, 7 & 9.

The main reason for this was that someone claimed Apollo 9 was faked, and challenged me to find the location of a couple of Apollo 9 pictures showing just a few wisps of cloud above an ocean.

Naturally I was able to do this using things conspiracy theorists lack: evidence and thorough research :D

So, in the interests of shameless self publicity and aggrandisement, please find for your entertainment the updated version here http://www.scribd.com/doc/76882844/Clouds-Across-the-Moon

If people do not wish to use scribd, I have also uploaded it here http://www.sendspace.com/file/jfeqi8

145Mb

Hopefully I haven't made too many errors or wild claims in it.

Feel free to pass it on wherever you think it will do some good. I am particularly keen on all-expenses-paid trips to conferences and conventions.

p.s. Click the blue box labelled "Click here to start download from sendspace":D

Superb stuff, totally lost on any hoax believer. Never underestimate the power of waving arms.
 
Don't let them get you down Peter. You are on the right track for sure for sure.

I recently spent a full weekend with a girlfriend of mine reviewing the Apollo 12 Mission. Did you know that the lightning strike was faked? None of the chase planes saw the lightning. None of the spectators gave first hand accounts of lightning, all the news reports were second hand. the reporters reported what they were told. The NASA officers in the Kennedy station all denied they saw lightning except for one person. How can only one person see the lightning?
The LM spaceship was not even turned on when the rocketship blasted off. If that was the case, and it was, how could they check the LM spaceship out? The head control room astronaut wrote a book recently and changed his first story. You should keep plugging away. I think Jarrah White and some of the others will crack the case wide open soon. Do you watch his videos Peter? My cousin worked in the space industry and believes it was all made up and she has got a PhD.

I have been otherwise engaged for the last few weeks , however, I assure you
that I am not, I repeat, not on the "track you might imagine I am.
You have confused my distaste for demanding members as an admission that I am in the Apollo conspiritors camp. This is false and only of your making.
Please do not presume to know what I am thinking.
Regards
Peter May
 
Last edited:
For those of you who read my work on Apollo images of Earth and satellite meteorology, you may be interested to know that in order to maintain my position as the only leading expert on Apollo images of Earth and satellite meteorology ...
Do...do you have that on your resume?
 
At Threadworm Clouds across the Moon

I have just downloaded your Clouds across the Moon document, and look foreword to reading it at length. In the mid sixties I worked at a company called Pye Telecommunications in Haverhill UK where we produced, amongst other things, microwave systems under license from Raytheon Corp. At the time I became interested in the Nimbus weather satellites, and a good friend and I had plans to build a receiver. To show someone the weather above them was for me, then, a very interesting idea. Unfortunately I left Haverhill to join another company.
But then I was not thinking beyond Apollo.
 
At Threadworm Clouds across the Moon

I have just downloaded your Clouds across the Moon document, and look foreword to reading it at length. In the mid sixties I worked at a company called Pye Telecommunications in Haverhill UK where we produced, amongst other things, microwave systems under license from Raytheon Corp. At the time I became interested in the Nimbus weather satellites, and a good friend and I had plans to build a receiver. To show someone the weather above them was for me, then, a very interesting idea. Unfortunately I left Haverhill to join another company.
But then I was not thinking beyond Apollo.
 
That's correct. Nobody who knows anything about space operations would think that a bunch of controllers would be looking at the bird, or the clouds into which the bird had disappeared, rather than their telemetry. That's what spectators are for.

I have been the tech during set up for, and broadcast of, hockey games here. I'd get home and my wife would ask me what the final score was and I would not have a clue. I was watching the various monitors and listening to the audio BUT concentrating on white balance and iris settings, and whether or not mics had hiss or hum and not on the game itself.
Short story is that people do their jobs while at their job, and concentrating on that task.
..... and if I daydreamed and just watched the game no one would have been at risk of fiery death
 
I have been otherwise engaged for the last few weeks , however, I assure you
that I am not, I repeat, not on the "track you might imagine I am.
Fine, yet when you appeared here, "PeterMayTheJaySlayer" also appeared at the Economist. Quite the coincidence, eh?

You have confused my distaste for demanding members as an admission that I am in the Apollo conspiritors camp. This is false and only of your making.
No, it is of your doing, by being so ambiguous. As I told you by mail.

Please do not presume to know what I am thinking.
Regards
Peter May
All anyone here may know of what you are thinking is what you present here. Try not to present that which you are not thinking.
 
I have been the tech during set up for, and broadcast of, hockey games here. I'd get home and my wife would ask me what the final score was and I would not have a clue. I was watching the various monitors and listening to the audio BUT concentrating on white balance and iris settings, and whether or not mics had hiss or hum and not on the game itself.
Short story is that people do their jobs while at their job, and concentrating on that task.
..... and if I daydreamed and just watched the game no one would have been at risk of fiery death

Very true, and I've had the same feeling of being 'in the zone' when absorbed in photographing an event - you can take lots of photos of a band and have no idea what they've been singing.

If you actually watch the broadcasts of the launch footage, it is quite obvious that the only windows in the building at the Cape are behind the people operating their consoles and screen. The only view the vast majority of them had of the outside was the TV, assuming they were viewing that and not actually doing their job.

tumblr_m9qqr7DWc41qcr6iqo1_500.jpg


Windows anyone?

Originally Posted by 000063
Do...do you have that on your resume?

If I thought it would get me a trip to somewhere exotic to explain it to an adoring audience then I would :D
 
Excellent work! I am bookmarking your paper for future use. The image of the weather satellite data next to the photograph is striking. The elaborate documentation is what sets work like yours apart from the Hoaxies.
 
If you actually watch the broadcasts of the launch footage, it is quite obvious that the only windows in the building at the Cape are behind the people operating their consoles and screen.

Yes, I said anyone who's ever actually been to the Firing Room would find the spectation claims laughable.

If I thought it would get me a trip to somewhere exotic to explain it to an adoring audience then I would :D

Give it a shot. Mythbusters is on my resume. Take credit for your work, you deserve it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom