• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Apollo "hoax" discussion / Lick observatory laser saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
That link is to the Orchestral Recording Company, who have studios at the Mosfilm site in Moscow.

Wikipedia's page on Mosfilm says "After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Mosfilm continued operations as a quasi-private production company... As of 2005, the company embraced ten independent studios, located within 13 pavilions...".

It sounds as if ORC is only one of the independent studios on the site. I may be mistaken, but I'm stuck since Mosfilm's website http://www.mosfilm.ru/main.php resists my attempts to translate it into english and I can't read russian.

Fair enough. I guess there is no way to be positive about what the relationships may be. Retracted.
 
It's not uncommon for a film studio area to be a site for a number of separate companies specialising in different areas. That's certainly how they're arranged in the UK. Not all companies will get involved in a film being made "at the studio".
 
Just in case there is any doubt, "Patrick" is now vandalizing The Economist with the puppet "PeterMayTheJaySlayer." Not content to deface Neil Armstrong's obituary with boasts about his abs, he has now gone on to comment on an editorial about Mitt Romney entitled "Boondoggle." If The Economist does not act soon, he will no doubt continue to pollute their website with his rubbish, creating the impression that the publication is read exclusively by gibbering morons. I tried to warn them.
 
If he is not who he claims to be, then this is an extremely disturbing, very unlikely and convoluted way to establish a sekrit identity:eye-poppi

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8609043&postcount=8872

The video in that post appears to show him posting against this claim, and if you view his youtube channel, he does not appear to be a hoax claimant. Just saying.

All this from a misspelling of clavius(same as on the obituary page for Armstrong?) - probably co-incidence.

Well at least there is one rational member of the JREF. Thanks for the input Erock.
We should all be aware, as you are, to the dangers of hopping, skipping, and jumping to conclusions, unsubstantiated speculation worthy only of conspiracy theorists, Ad hominem argument, and ignorance. Well done.

Peter
 
Last edited:
=Erock;8618055]Either that, or someone reads this board or apollohoax and is yanking your chain?

So, reading the Economist obituary, it becomes somewhat disturbing to note that Docsocksfatty seems to have lost the plot completely.


There are more, if anybody cares to trawl through the comments. That is some serious mental health issue right there.

Patrick, I know you read this board. Go and see a shrink.

Don't forget albertfeldspar. Graemebird actually appears to be another lunatic, but I'd bet that even Patrick isn't sure any more. Get help, Patrick.
 
Last edited:
....or RAF, who joined more than a decade ago...

I wouldn't read too much into that...I was pretty much a lurker until the last few years or so....

My "heart" belongs to Bad Astronomy/BAUT/Cosmoquest. :)


Also, while I do appreciate the compliment of being mentioned in the same sentence as Jay, I'll be the 1st to admit that I am not, in any way, in the same league as he is.

Just wanted to straightened all that out. :D
 
Gentlemen, please get back to the topic and cut out the bickering. Also, do not make sockpuppet allegations against other members here in threads. If you think that someone has a sockpuppet account, just report your suspicion and let the Mod Team deal with it. Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: LashL
 
... please get back to the topic and cut out the bickering.

Asertaining weither or not Peter agrees with the claims from the Aulis site, that he has posted is "on topic".


That question is not "going away"...
 
Asertaining weither or not Peter agrees with the claims from the Aulis site, that he has posted is "on topic".


That question is not "going away"...


Hi, R.A. F.

The question is perfectly fine, but when posts asking the question get interspersed with sockpuppet accusations and petty bickering, they will indeed be moved and/or infracted. Please try to keep things on track.
 
Hi, R.A. F.

The question is perfectly fine, but when posts asking the question get interspersed with sockpuppet accusations and petty bickering, they will indeed be moved and/or infracted. Please try to keep things on track.

No offence, but the sockery is on some other site, and does not fall under the MA. Unless you propose the JREF MA applies to other sites? Yes, No?

Not being bolshy, but I thought critical examination of claims elsewhere was fair game?

Feel free to give me a slapping if I am utterly wrong.
 
Hi, R.A. F.

The question is perfectly fine, but when posts asking the question get interspersed with sockpuppet accusations and petty bickering, they will indeed be moved and/or infracted. Please try to keep things on track.

Fair enough....


Peter...please answer this question...do you agree or disagree with the hoax believer claims you have posted on this thread?
 
My questions to Peter May are:

Do you endorse any of the claims made in the statement you quoted from the Russian cinematographer?

If so, are you willing to answer questions about it dealing with its credibility, content, and so forth, in the manner of the sort of debate that prevails here?

If not, would you please clarify your intent in posting and discussing it, and give us some indication whether your intent is being met?
 
My questions to Peter May are:

Do you endorse any of the claims made in the statement you quoted from the Russian cinematographer?

If so, are you willing to answer questions about it dealing with its credibility, content, and so forth, in the manner of the sort of debate that prevails here?

If not, would you please clarify your intent in posting and discussing it, and give us some indication whether your intent is being met?

Jay thank you for your comment.
I am putting together my reply as I write. I hope to have it finished by late this evening, tommorow at the latest.
Best regards
Peter
 
Umm. There are members here who type hundreds of replies in a day.

What is the problem?

Well the problem is that it is Friday night here in Stockholm. I am listening to Pink Floyd Shine on you Crazy Diamond, I just had a wonderful meal, and am trying to deal with a couple of bottles of indifferent Claret. OK
 
Last edited:
Well the problem is that it is Friday night here in Stockholm. I am listening to Pink Floyd Shine on you Crazy Diamond, I just had a wonderful meal, and am trying to deal with a couple of bottles of indifferent Claret. OK
In all due fairness let the meal be eaten.

For all any of us know, there may be romance in the mists of Stockholm.

The various questions can wait.

Your caveat, Peter, is that they will still be here when you return.
 
Well the problem is that it is Friday night here in Stockholm. I am listening to Pink Floyd Shine on you Crazy Diamond, I just had a wonderful meal, and am trying to deal with a couple of bottles of indifferent Claret. OK

In the time it took you to write this post, you could have answered.

I'm sorry, but unless things change, drastically, I see no reason to spend any more of my time on you...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom