• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moderated Bigfoot- Anybody Seen one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little investigating led me to this: http://dancingrainranch.com/

I'm not saying these are for sure the cabins they stay at, but the page even says "Home of the elusive Bigfoot!!" And several things seem to fit. If this is the place, man, they sure are roughing it.... I mean, the only wireless internet is at the property owners house!! How positively primitive!!!
 
Bipto has stated he would not have believed such a story as he tells now if he had read it at the old BFF. He shouldn't be peeved, then, to find folks doubting his story now.

I was surprised to find an ambiguous story instead of one with more substance. Maybe the TBRC has cam photos, hair samples, clear trackways, etc. that will be released later. But right now, Bipto's account is weak: at no point do we have phenomena unmistakably attributable to apes.

We have inferences based on what Bigfoot field researchers believe and not based on what they can show. There is a growing mythology about Bigfoot manufactured by believers, from the midtarsel break to mimicry. Now, with the TBRC, we can see new myths forming, such as the invisible Bigfoot, so able to blend in with the terrain that you cannot see two giant apes only feet away, even if you are looking straight at them. This will add to the mystique of the lore, as well as provide a new handy-dandy skeptic refuting answer as to why we can't find the things.

Here is some arm-chair quarterbacking. Why not have dogs? No doubt a coon hound, or even a little rat terrier, would have alerted the team that they had something in the bush before their sighting. If Ms. Strain was so concerned that something was in the bush, why not have a strategy other than to just ask hubby to peek? (On the other hand, if she really thought it probable a dangerous monster ape was in the bush, why ask hubby to go so close and look?)

Why researcher inactivity whenever they are in a cabin and it is being belted by nuts and rocks? Bipto's last night was marked by nuts hitting the side of the cabin. This narrows the direction from which the nut throwing is coming. You know the nuts are being tossed by somebody's hand. If human, the culprit is close enough to possibly overtake strategically? (And if it is an ape, you have shown that you won't run into it anyway, so have no fear.)

I suggested at BFF that if TBRC really believes it is dealing with apes, why not place large mirrors throughout the area, near trail-cams. No one commented. Primates are known to find their mirrored image fascinating. I saw a video somewhere of a couple of baboons at a dump-site that found a hand-mirror; they were transfixed. I've seen a gorilla at the zoo stare at his own image reflecting in plate-glass. And even aboriginal peoples are very much taken with their image, when initially exposed to mirrors. And we civilized types have mirrors everywhere. Yes, I think if there really are apes in Oklahoma, mirrors will prove fatal to their unverifiability.

What to make of their sighting? Bipto admits that what he saw he would not have interpreted as a Wood Ape if he had been alone. And do we have another myth in the making with a bend-at-the-waist, arms-tucked-in, form of locomotion? In truth, no one appears to have seen what would be identifiable as an ape if not for shared expectations. Since the sighting took only seconds from beginning to end, I doubt if anyone could discern duck feet, tucked-in arms, etc. In cases like this, imagination fills in the blanks.

I initially thought "bear," but Bipto is very clear in that what he saw was no bear. Actually, he even flirted with a supernatural explanation because the things moved too gracefully and too rapidly for any mammal he can think of.
May a clue to the possible identity (of the things seen) be found in the notion that mammals just don't move in this way? I have an idea, but to mention it would invite ridicule. And as Bigfooters are always complaining about ridicule, I'll concede their point, conveniently of course. :)
 
A little investigating led me to this: http://dancingrainranch.com/

I'm not saying these are for sure the cabins they stay at, but the page even says "Home of the elusive Bigfoot!!" And several things seem to fit. If this is the place, man, they sure are roughing it.... I mean, the only wireless internet is at the property owners house!! How positively primitive!!!

The cabins of Bipto's narrative seem unaccommodating. No electricity. Shiftable when a Wood Ape leans on it. More rough than the Dancing Rain pictures show.
 
The cabins of Bipto's narrative seem unaccommodating. No electricity. Shiftable when a Wood Ape leans on it. More rough than the Dancing Rain pictures show.

Bipto also says they're two miles from the nearest paved road.....

What that site shows me, more than anything, is that the locals believe there is a bigfoot market, and will cater to it. If that includes throwing rocks and doing a little cabin shaking, maybe dragging a fake bigfoot up a hillside to impress the rubes, er, researchers, than so be it.
 
Bipto has stated he would not have believed such a story as he tells now if he had read it at the old BFF.
Indeed? Anyone who has 'Premium Access Membership' at BFF* and who has the inclination might find this thread enlightening in that respect:

Comments on this Statement? (27th Jan 2003).

It's one of a few where claims from the book 50 Years with Bigfoot - Tennessee Chronicles of Co-existence were being critically examined.

*I don't but like the Terminator 'I have detailed files'. :)
 
I can't get an online Leflore county plat map, and the one you can order for $45 only shows parcels of ten acres or more.

It would just be a photocopy fee if someone went in to the county office and showed them the location we need a plat map for. This would show us all the private property owners in the immediate vicinity.

There is an Oklahoma State Attorney General Opinion regarding public roads that concludes there is an easement of two rods (33 ft) on each side of every section line for public roads as I have pointed out already:


http://ced1.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Definition-of-Public-Road.pdf

The southern boundary of the property in question is on a section line. That section line may very well be the boundary of the Oachita National Forest anyway so you don't need a right of way along the section line to go photograph these cabins. They're going to be visible from the section line, and that is the most likely boundary of the National Forest land. It makes a lot of sense to locate hunting cabins on this boundary.


If it isn't posted, then even if it is private property it isn't trespassing to walk on it. There has to be notice for a trespass citation. To be absolutely clear, I am not saying to step even one foot onto this private property. Rather, to take pictures from the public property it abuts.
 
I am not real comfortable with anyone approaching this land, but am curious about this idea of leasing. What is that about? is that being used as an explanation of how they have more than one acre? one could certainly lease adjacent private land that belongs to someone else; or even work out a lease with the BLM or the Forest for certain grazing activities, or get some sort of permit for certain activities. But I don't see the feds leasing land for bigfoot hunting, nor do I think this group could obtain exclusive entry, and exclude others, and certainly they would not be able to claim trespass if they were on federal property.

I am not clear on the trespass laws if this group were actually leasing adjacent private property from someone else. As far as I know, only the owner of land can claim trespass.

Finally, enforcement of the trespass laws does not fall to the owner or a leasee. Assault done by either an owner or a leasee under the guise of enforcing trespass laws would be a crime.

imho ianal.
 
Last edited:
Another possibility is that this one person owns one acre, another person owns 10 acres, and 3 other people own 29 acres, and they have formed a collaborative, where each has access to the entire 40 acres. This would explain why they have mentioned 40 acres at times.
 
That's why the plat maps are important. Because every private property owner's parcel will be listed on the map, along with all easements, and with everyone's address.

The feds can't lease land without going through a whole process of public notice and since these areas are national scenic/botanical preserve there is zero likelihood of them leasing from the feds.

The most likely thing historically is that someone had a 40 acre parcel and pieces of it were sold off for hunting cabin sites/recreational properties. It occurs to me that the section line is actually the most likely place for a common road accessing those parcels.
 
Another possibility is that this one person owns one acre, another person owns 10 acres, and 3 other people own 29 acres, and they have formed a collaborative, where each has access to the entire 40 acres. This would explain why they have mentioned 40 acres at times.

40 acres and a footie (or footies). How can I get in on this?
 
Last edited:
Here is a 40 acre parcel, with one acre of it owned by someone else, this one acre is abutting an access road, so the owner of the 39 acres says; I'll let you use my 40 acres at your leisure, if you will let me put an access gate on your one acre, and I can use that gate at my leisure to access the property. Stuff like that happens all the time.
 
Here is another angle to exploit for information:

The TBRC is a 501 C 3 nonprofit. They're required to file an annual IRS report and they also have to give financial records to any member who asks for them. The rental of the cabin will be an expense, so this is information is going to be somewhere in their records.

They've also claimed nobody's expenses are paid for, but the cabin rental alone conflicts with that statement. What would be exceptionally juicy is digging up expense reports for all facets of this two-year enterprise because it has all the looks of a cabin retreat junket under cover of "bigfoot research".

They are apparently months behind in processing applications, so the fastest way is to get someone who is already a member to make the request.

Of course, Bipto could do that for us. So I'll ask: could you please give us copies of expense reports pertaining to Operation Endurance? Thanks in advance. :)
 
Of course, Bipto could do that for us. So I'll ask: could you please give us copies of expense reports pertaining to Operation Endurance? Thanks in advance. :)

Speaking as a casual reader, my prediction is that you won't see him returning to this thread anytime soon.

Great job on the treehouse, BTW. I'm inclined to put one out back of my house now while I still have "mini-forest" back there.
 
A little investigating led me to this: http://dancingrainranch.com/

I'm not saying these are for sure the cabins they stay at, but the page even says "Home of the elusive Bigfoot!!" And several things seem to fit. If this is the place, man, they sure are roughing it.... I mean, the only wireless internet is at the property owners house!! How positively primitive!!!

From the ad:

The most visible Bigfoot organization is The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization. Additional information about Bigfoot can be found on Wikipedia. To date, firm physical evidence of their existence remains elusive or perhaps unreported?
 
Speaking as a casual reader, my prediction is that you won't see him returning to this thread anytime soon..

I think you are right. More of a hit and run. Those guys love to do that especially when they are introduced ahead of time ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom